When do you actually sleep at Desire?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

When do you actually sleep at Desire?

Postby NebraskaCouple » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:38 am

On our first trip to Desire, we generally go to sleep at about 2:00 a.m. and we were usually up by 8:00 a.m. It worked okay until our last night, when we stayed up until about 3:00 a.m. and had to catch our shuttle to the airport at 5:30 a.m. That was a little rough considering we had cheated ourselves on rest for the previous 5 nights.

So: When do all you Desire Veterans get your shut eye?

We plan to keep up the same schedule, except we now plan to add a cat nap on a beach bed after breatkfast and another one before dinner.

We just hated to miss any of the fun that was going on last time, but these times seem to be the most likely lulls each day.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

You do not pay to sleep

Postby ctsoftswgcpl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:44 am

When we were last there we would stay out between 2:30AM and 4AM and we were also out of the room around 8 AM our last night we pulled an all nighter. Left the resort around 10 AM after breakfest. We hope to be able to do the same this time. Not sure if the body can take but we will go down trying.

Bill and Doreen
ctsoftswgcpl

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Great question and as I get older (43), it seems as though I need a little "nap" at the pool area or on one of the beach beds....LOL! Best time for us is in the late morning (11ish) or early afternoon (2ish) since we WILL NOT miss any of the hot tub activities or afternoon pool fun.

Yep, 2 to 3 AM is the norm for us as well. Up by 7 or 8 AM the next day for bfast and a good workout at the gym.

....well, that's our little routine and after 8 trips to Desire we finally figured out that's the only way we make it through the entire week.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tout.prest » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:23 pm

At home, during our "real" lives , We are normally the type to get to bed at around 11pm and feel like we are dragging our butts when we have to get up at 6:45 am, but at Desire, we too are out until at least 3am almost every night(We dont want to miss out on anything either. Besides, that lobby lounge pizza is soooooooo good at 3 am ! :D ) My internal clock doesnt seem to let me sleep past 7:30, so I will get up then and go grab a cappucino from C.C and walk the beach, while my wife enjoys some much deserved time to sleep in.

As stated above, those beach beds are great for a mid afternoon siesta :) so you can do it all over again the next night.

We can only surmise that it must be the lack of stress that allows us to maintain this schedule all week and feel way more rested than we ever feel at home. Go figure !
:wink:

Steve,
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Yankeefan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:54 pm

an excellent topic...we also stay up as late as possible, and agree, that late night pizza is the BEST. folks are so mellow around 2-3am and the atmosphere is so damn sexy.
up at 730am (body clock) and away we go again...cat nap is a must, (for us 48-50 year olds).

and for the prices you pay, cant afford to miss a thing...we can sleep when we get home!

YF
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby mistral » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Would really love to try the pizza someday... But everytime we go to Desire, we feel like we're ALWAYS eating, and there's NO way anybody could make us absorb any solids after 10pm (now, liquids are a whole different story...)

But we too are late nighters, never in bed before 3 am, and up by 7:30, strong coffees and a good workout, then breakfast.... Later in the day we usually nap, but never really long, just in case we 're missing some fun!

We have to say though, that although we can keep it up for the whole week, we go back home EXHAUSTED!!!
mistral
Desire Convert

Postby e_and_k » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:57 am

We stay up late (2:30 or 3) and get up early. But we MUST have a mid-day nap. We usually just grab a beach bed early in the AM, spend most of the day there lounging and fall asleep in the gentle beach breeze between 11 and 2. Or sometimes a quick power nap in the room.
e_and_k
Desire Convert

Postby Powderfinger » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Sleep?!?! Y'all actually sleep there, I'll be damned...my much better half was actually out running the bech at 6:30AM, after stumbling back to the room at 4:30AM......we'll sleep when we're dead!
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023

Time Schedule

Postby jimmyd » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:49 am

We were normally up by 7am to go reserve chairs at the pool and then go eat breakfast. We would party at the pool and jacuzzi all day and then take a two hour nap from 5 to 7pm. The hotel was good about the wake up calls. They would call about 30 minutes after your call to make sure you actually woke up. We would then shower, go eat dinner and then back to the room to get ready for the theme night in the disco. Disco from 10pm to 2am. Roof top jacuzzi from 2 to 3am and then on to bed. Repeat schedule next 6 days.
jimmyd
Desire Fan

I sure hope so

Postby UncleFester » Thu May 28, 2009 4:27 pm

We were in Cabo last April and Cancun in August. Both places were deserted after about 12:30. Cabo I understood, but not Cancun. Nobody in the Jacuzzi, disco, beach etc.

Never saw a body shot. Didn't even see any ladies kissing ladies.

Go figure.
UncleFester
Desire Convert

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS hudsonvalleyfun

Re: I sure hope so

Postby landedesire » Fri May 29, 2009 11:06 am

UncleFester wrote:We were in Cabo last April and Cancun in August. Both places were deserted after about 12:30. Cabo I understood, but not Cancun. Nobody in the Jacuzzi, disco, beach etc.

Never saw a body shot. Didn't even see any ladies kissing ladies.

Go figure.

I am sorry to hear that, especially about "no ladies kissing". Well, I wasn't there...that's for sure. After reading many many trip reports and the boards in general, it is all determined by "whos" there and how the people are flowing. Even without any of that (although it is nice to see/get some action if that is what you are into :o) Desire is still an unbelievable paradise and in our opinion, there's no where better.

And, Jimmy D, if you are taking naps between 5 to 7 p.m. does that mean you don't do the hot tub happy hour??? That is definitely something we don't like to miss. It is so hard to figure out what we are willing to miss. I am thinking a nap in the afternoon in a palapa and sleeping from 3 to 9 a.m. is where we will get our rest. At least that is the plan! Now, let's see if it all goes that way!!!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya