Silvina

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Silvina

Postby s-wally » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 pm

Has Silvina become a member yet? :roll:
s-wally

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 pm

s-wally wrote:Has Silvina become a member yet? :roll:
No - although she is welcome to join
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Ron » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Why? She had her own forum and chose to shut it down.
Ron
Desire Devotee

Re: Silvina

Postby 6desire9 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 pm

s-wally wrote:Has Silvina become a member yet? :roll:

..............................................Image..............
6desire9
Desire Convert

Silvina

Postby multiples » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:23 am

Everyone's ' friend" ...but ALWAYS tows the company line.
And, not very helpful in implementing prior suggestions.

http://drop.io/exaqezi
multiples
Desire Fan

Re: Silvina

Postby mfay » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:24 am

multiples wrote:Everyone's ' friend" ...but ALWAYS tows the company line.
And, not very helpful in implementing prior suggestions.

http://drop.io/exaqezi

I'd agree with that when it come to the larger issues at the resort. But we have found Silvina to be very helpful and efficient with things that she has control over. She has done a lot of things for us that we really appreciate.
While I don't know, I'd have to guess that towing the company line is a pretty big part of the job description for a PR director. While she is the public face and first management contact for the resort its doubtfull she has much authority to make changes. Only suggestions. And if I had that position- working in such a fantastic environment, I'm afraid I'd be very, very, carefull not to do anything to risk losing my job or hurting my standing with the company.
Just something to think about..............

Mike
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Ron » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Meaning no disrespect but I 've found her to be extremely two faced over the past year. She has no control over any issues and chose to ignore any and all major issues. She's an expert at A&I (acknowledge & ignore) If she's the PR director than management should have just let her do the job she's getting paid to do.

For her to place partial blame on me and others for the closing of the forum is just outrageous. She could have at any time blocked my IP address as well as others and that would have been that. When it got too hot in the kitchen they just bailed out.
Ron
Desire Devotee

Postby 6desire9 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:31 pm

Ron wrote:Meaning no disrespect but I 've found her to be extremely two faced over the past year. She has no control over any issues and chose to ignore any and all major issues.

6desire9
Desire Convert

Postby Ron » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:28 pm

I just gotta know. Where in the world do you get those do-dads from? They are great!
Ron
Desire Devotee

Postby 6desire9 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 pm

Ron wrote:I just gotta know. Where in the world do you get those do-dads from? They are great!

Most forums provide a limited number of fairly standard Emoticons. "Rolling eyes" which was used by s-wally to start this thread is an all-time classic (denoting sarcasm).

Over the past 10 years, I have collected unusual Emoticons from various internet forums and stored them on my computer for future use. As you know. a picture is worth a thousand words. Silvina was not real fond of some of my work and liberally deleted a lot of my posts on the old Desire Forum.

If you see a Smiley figure/emoticon that you like, right click on the Smiley and then click "save picture as" and put it in a folder in your computer for later use. By all means, download "beat-dead-horse.gif" and save it for a rainy day if you like it.
6desire9
Desire Convert

Postby 6desire9 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:17 pm

6desire9
Desire Convert

Postby barbara » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:38 am

:? love the "emotions". I tried to save them to a folder and was succesful, however when i go to open them, only photo shop comes up and won't let me in. Any advise?
barbara
Desire Convert

Postby 6desire9 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:41 pm

barbara wrote::? love the "emotions". I tried to save them to a folder and was succesful, however when i go to open them, only photo shop comes up and won't let me in. Any advise?

6desire9
Desire Convert

Postby 6desire9 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:18 am

barbara wrote::? love the "emotions". I tried to save them to a folder and was succesful, however when i go to open them, only photo shop comes up and won't let me in. Any advise?

How do I open images that are stored in various formats?

To open a graphic that is not stored in Photoshop format (.psd), pull down the File menu and select Open.

The "Open" dialog window will appear.

Make sure that the "Files of type:" field reads "All Formats." If it does not, click on the down arrow to the right of the field and choose "All Formats" from the drop down list.

With All Formats selected, all image files in the selected directory that Photoshop can read will be displayed.
Select the desired file by clicking on it, then click Open to display the graphic in the Photoshop work area.
6desire9
Desire Convert

Postby barbara » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:04 am

:wink: thank you. i will give it a try!
barbara
Desire Convert

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya