Swim Up Pool Bar opened Today - see the Pictures

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Swim Up Pool Bar opened Today - see the Pictures

Postby CokeMann » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 pm

CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Re: Swim Up Pool Bar opened Today - see the Pictures

Postby tan44 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Looks great !
Thanks for the pictures.
We only worry a little about that fast growing resort in the background.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:22 pm

THANKS WAYNE!!!!!!

:L
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby it's all good! » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Just a thought.
Are those new loungers for the members on the left, and old loungers for the non-members on the right?
Just sayin'. :?
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby youme69 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Might be the pictures but it looks small, about the size of Pearls hot tub with a smaller bar. If people get a drink and don't leave that narrow end its going to be hard to get In to get a drink. Not complaining just a observation, guess they did what they could with the time they had. Looks nice.
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby 2FunLvrs » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks so much for the pics!
2FunLvrs
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 12 Oct 2014

Postby WhiteSands » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:55 am

it's all good! wrote:Just a thought.
Are those new loungers for the members on the left, and old loungers for the non-members on the right?

We were there on the day the pool opened, and you've got it spot on! The new beds are members only....
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby Steve & Vicky » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:42 am

WhiteSands wrote:

We were there on the day the pool opened, and you've got it spot on! The new beds are premier only....

If this is true, our upcoming trip in December, our 12th to RM, will be our last!

S&V
Steve & Vicky
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2015

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:10 am

That's what members paid the extra big bucks for. Those who chose not to made the choice accept no up grades don't get the same upgrade. Like buying a flight ticket, 1st class pays more for the perks and the rest choose economy class without the perks. Because people who choose economy class, they don't get to sit in the first class section on a plane, if they made the same declaration they would not fly again because they paid economy and couldn't sit in first class, that they would not fly again, it would be a long drive everywhere. The reality is, you can't expect something extra if you haven't paid for it. And I know they need to upgrade and replace their worn out lounge chairs...... attend one of their sessions and fork out the bucks and get all of the perks !!
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby tndr_cpl » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:16 am

Steve & Vicky wrote:
WhiteSands wrote:

We were there on the day the pool opened, and you've got it spot on! The new beds are premier only....

If this is true, our upcoming trip in December, our 12th to RM, will be our last!

S&V

I guess I look at it like this (and maybe this is just to make myself feel better?), but like when I go to a football game, if you pay more you get better seats. It looks to me that there is a conscious marketing effort to create two classes of guests. Given the relatively high occupancy rate it looks like it works. They are in the business to make money and we are in the business of determining if the "product" is worth it. Have to admit, DRM is getting close to pricing us out of the market. On the other hand when I start thinking "boobies and butts, boobies and butts" and the fun we always have my ability to afford the trip mystically increases.
tndr_cpl
Desire Fan

Postby WhiteSands » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:18 am

northernlightscpl wrote:That's what members paid the extra big bucks for. Those who chose not to made the choice accept no up grades don't get the same upgrade. Like buying a flight ticket, 1st class pays more for the perks and the rest choose economy class without the perks. Because people who choose economy class, they don't get to sit in the first class section on a plane, if they made the same declaration they would not fly again because they paid economy and couldn't sit in first class, that they would not fly again, it would be a long drive everywhere. The reality is, you can't expect something extra if you haven't paid for it. And I know they need to upgrade and replace their worn out lounge chairs...... attend one of their sessions and fork out the bucks and get all of the perks !!

I don't disagree with you BUT the nasty brown striped loungers that replaced the previous beds with mattresses are appalling, and not fit for the amount of money non members are paying. I have no problem with members having their own area, own towels etc, but I am also entitled to have somewhere comfortable to park my behind!
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby Savvi702 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Just an observation and comment from someone who is HERE.......EVERYTHING IS AWSOME!!! The staff and managment did a great job. Updated, functional and a great addition to an already perfect place to holiday!
THANK YOU DESIRE RM.....I didn't think I could appreciate this place anymore than I already did!!
Savvi702

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Princess Paula Pleasure Place

Postby it's all good! » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Ok, as a person living with cancer, we don't have the luxury of contemplating purchasing a membership package. Everyday is a great day. But going into our 8th visit in 5 years, ( which I never thought I'd get to ), and at $600/night, I am still entitled to say, "those lounge chairs are cheap,uncomfortable, and suck!"

Remember, "it's all good, we'll see you in the hot tub!"
Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby Craig G » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:55 pm

I would like to also say that as a member we are entitled to some perks to have us feeling that they care about the money we send them for membership. But all this this complaining back and forth between member & non member has to really stop, bc at the end of the day members are expected to be treated as such.
Craig G
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby BottomsUp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:56 pm

By the looks of the pictures it appears the resort is trying to segregate the Members from the Non-Members?
So, if we are meeting friends who are members and we are not, does this mean we can no longer sit together around the pool? Seems a tad ridiculous.
If this is the case, I guess we'll just stop at the Walmart on the way to the resort and pick up our own $500 lounger so we can sit where we want, lol.

Mr & Mrs BottomsUp
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya