Swim Up Pool Bar opened Today - see the Pictures

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Swim Up Pool Bar opened Today - see the Pictures

Postby ourfuntrip » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:08 pm

We are not members and there is one thing that concerns me about segregating members from non-members....we are all there to be around other sexy people and socialize so separating members/non-members seems contrary to the goal. As someone else said, are we now required to only socialize with "our kind"? I can't hang out with members because we can't sit together at the pool? Will everything else eventually be separated? I get members having perks but this seems a bit silly. The chairs should at least be mixed together if you want to separate who can sit in what chairs.
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Postby northernlightscpl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Members or upgraded guest can sit anywhere at other resorts that have this 'members only' whatevers, so if this is the case here, they can come and sit with you. Whichever way one cuts it, one can't and shouldn't get something for nothing when another guest has paid for that privilege when they are guests with those paid privileges. Just like the football game and different paid seating, just a fact of life !!!
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Ontario Canada » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Great pictures! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

I understand that individuals pay a premium and expect extra perks and that corporations look for ways to increase revenue, that's life in the corporate world. What makes Desire special is the inclusive atmosphere. It is awesome to get naked and live out our most intimate desires. There is a paradigm shift where nudity becomes the ultimate equalizer. No matter where you come from or what you look like, at Desire we are all the sexiest people alive. I absolutely love that atmosphere, it is a major reason why I return each year. Last visit there was a lot of pressure throughout our stay to upgrade and buy into the membership/timeshare program. It didn't deter us from our usual enjoyment, but there was a different feeling to that trip. I have no control over the corporate agenda, nor should I. But if Desire looses that inclusive atmosphere it will certainly be disappointing.

That's my two cents…

Rob
Ontario Canada
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 30 Jan 2015

Postby Barerunners » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Hierarchy on the left, serfs on the right! I can hear the nails starting to close the coffin! I don't know, paying five star prices for a segregated three star resort? Not sure we are going to visit again. Percs to the members should be more transparent! The rest of the guests shouldn't have to see it in their face everyday. You cant segregate this crowd! The new pool pics say it all! wow, thats too bad! Hopefully its just til the new chairs come in...
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

Postby miranda2 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:24 am

Who gets to sit on the 6 stools at the swim up bar? I can see a botle neck happening. Some folks will never give up their spot - not even to go to the washroom
miranda2
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:47 am

As a member I tend to agree with both sides of this discussion and our perks have mostly been transparent as we socialize with guests that don't have a gold band. Yes we get perks and yes we made the decision to pay a bit extra to secure our benefits into the future BUT if our friends (non-members) who travel a full day to come on their holiday to spend time with us and other members can't sit with us, it is a problem. If we meet a cool couple on their first trip, we need to say sorry you can't hang on our side of the pool......just doesn't seem to fit the non - judgemental vibe Desire has established over the years. As someone notes above, hopefully its like this because the new chairs just haven't arrived.

We applaud the upgrades Desire has invested in around the pool and the ones under way at Pearl, they continue putting $$ back into the properties to keep guests happy. It has been my belief that management does listen so keep voicing your opinions......
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby canuck63 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:12 am

I think everyone is reading way too much into this new chair thing. As was with the towels in the past, the members received bigger, softer more plush towels and now they get a preference of seating, no big deal. As a member ourselves, they can keep the chairs on the left we don't really care, we prefer the other side of the pool anyways, it gives you a good view of the ocean, seems to be a little livelier at times as there are more people on that side, a little more traffic/socializing etc. As a member, no one is going to tell me I have to sit in a certain spot and that if I wish to sit with non members I can't, if that was the case we would be demanding a refund and going elsewhere. Now if we can move the chairs to the other side, great, if not then I guess we use the older ones and they can stuff the others, won't make for happy members though. Unless management is trying to push towards an exclusive members only resort, which would be ridiculous, I don't think there is that much to get all worked up about. So to all the non members, don't sweat it, we have your back, we don't want any segregation either and will see to it that management knows it. Happy Hot Tubbing!!
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby WhiteSands » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:23 am

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. The main gripe is they took away perfectly comfortable beds from us ordinary guests and replaced them with these dreadful ones. I don't give a hoot if premier members have better ones, but I don't ever expect to arrive at Desire to find facilities have been downgraded for the common man.
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby mgmdesire » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 am

We will be there our first time in November I am starting to get concerned about this members vs no members issue.
Does that mean that non members get watered down drinks?
Does that mean we get the crappiest room?
Does that mean we will never get to reserve a beach bed?
Obviously it seems we get the crapped towels does that mean our room
Will be vanilla vs nicer etc.
Paying $500plus a night you would think that the service you get for staff would be
Transparent as we'll.
Service from staff for non members is that going to be good as members
as far as room cleaning room service etc.
Do members get better erotic massage etc.

All this concerns me as a new couple visiting for the first time. I think maybe
we should have just book couples Jamaica again. At least there I know that each guest
is treated with respect no matter what $$ or room category they opt for.

I wanted this trip to be nice and be able to to more things nude with out any hassles. If
we like it maybe we will become members but probably not our first trip. Hopefully
management will answer my concerns.
mgmdesire
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Nov 2014

Postby WellInever » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:55 am

We'll take our usual beach bed but will certainly give the swim up bar a go, especially if we can get CC's blended mojitos!
Relax and get naked.. you're on holiday..
WellInever
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 17 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby miranda2 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:36 am

We've been to all the Desires a number of times and except for the beach beds, we haven't really noticed much difference between being a member or not. Yes, they get perks but that's okay. They have paid for some of them but really, to us, it's not that noticeable except they have a different coloured bracelet and they get certain beach beds that usually sit empty all day.

Generally speaking, those who become members of anything and pay a little more usually have more expectations.

Our expectations are to have a wonderful time in a sexy resort in Mexico. We have options of being nude, half nude or not nude. We have our meals prepared for us. We have housekeepers that make our beds and sometimes leave us towel creations and flowers on the bed. We have bartenders and wait staff that will serve us whatever we want.

Are we going to fight over a chair??? Nope.

We go to have a wonderful time away from work and the dreary weather that we have at home and to 'dress to impress' each other and enjoy 'date night' for 7 nights.

To have a week of reconnecting with each other is priceless.
miranda2
Desire Legend

Postby miranda2 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:14 am

Having said all that, the only unfairness we experience (and someone please correct me if I"m wrong - although I know someone will without me saying this) is the whole beach bed thing.

Members get a beach bed and two loungers assigned to them for the week. They also get pool loungers for the week (is this true or is it first come, first served at the pool for the members?)

Unless those folks tell Rene (the beach concierge) that they won't be using it for the week or the day, those beach beds and lounge chairs sit empty all day, "just in case the members feel like coming down to the beach" .

Beach and pool lounges are at a premium as it is, but it irks me no end that we mere minions can't find a place to park ourselves at the beach for a week (let alone just a day) for fear that a member will come and oust because they have a 'right' to a chair and/or beach bed.

There is something very skewy about the whole beach bed / pool chair reservation system.

There are enough beach beds / loungers and pool beds and loungers to go around for everyone. But to have beach beds and 2 beach loungers plus pool loungers all reserved for 2 guests just doesn't make sense.

I know there is someone out there that could come up with a solution to or at least a suggestion this whole beach/pool bed / lounger system.
miranda2
Desire Legend

Postby entct5 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:09 am

Hey MGMDESIRE,
Great to hear you are going for the first time, we have gone the past 2 years in August. To answer your question, 1st we are not members, The first year was awesome the resort was only about half full from what we could tell. Getting a beach bed, good drinks, great services, etc. was no problem and we did not notice any difference between us and the gold bands. The second trip was sold out, again no problems in getting a beach bed, no watered down drinks, etc. We did not even notice any difference between the members and non-members. We are sure there are benefits to being a member, maybe we did not notice? We can tell you that the people of Desire are the most friendly, non judgemental, just plain down to earth people we have meet. Member or non-member no body cares we are all there because there is no where in the world like it. Adult Disney, lol GO ENJOY.....
Erik and Tara
entct5
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 15 Aug 2014

Postby landedesire » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:49 pm

entct5 wrote:Hey MGMDESIRE,
Great to hear you are going for the first time, we have gone the past 2 years in August. To answer your question, 1st we are not members, The first year was awesome the resort was only about half full from what we could tell. Getting a beach bed, good drinks, great services, etc. was no problem and we did not notice any difference between us and the gold bands. The second trip was sold out, again no problems in getting a beach bed, no watered down drinks, etc. We did not even notice any difference between the members and non-members. We are sure there are benefits to being a member, maybe we did not notice? We can tell you that the people of Desire are the most friendly, non judgemental, just plain down to earth people we have meet. Member or non-member no body cares we are all there because there is no where in the world like it. Adult Disney, lol GO ENJOY.....
Erik and Tara

Well said, Erik and Tara.
My husband and I are leaving in 2 weeks for our 6th trip to Desire RM. Over the years, we haven't really noticed any huge differences...they tried the towel thing and the member guests beds on the beach aren't even the ones we like anyway :) Like anything new Desire tries, if enough people voice their opinion of disapproval or dislike, Desire usually lightens up or changes it up.

To MGMDesire, don't fret...you will NOT feel like a second class citizen! You will be so amazed most of the time, walking around in a erotic and sensuous fog, that you will feel like you have been picked up from where ever it is you live and dropped into a paradise. And, I would be very surprised if you don't shed a tear upon your departure...I always do (Mrs.).

Cheers,
Laura (and Eric)
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:37 pm

entct5 wrote:Hey MGMDESIRE,
Erik and Tara

Right on E&T, you guys rock......hope you are well.
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya