What is the average clientele of the resort?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

What is the average clientele of the resort?

Postby chargercouple » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:42 am

Wife and I were interested in going but every ad I see and picture shows guys with 6 pack abs and slender women with large boobs..all in their late 20's to early 30's...what is it really like?

We're both 43, wife a little chubby and I'm OK, (5'11 200) we just don;t want to be out of place

Thanks in advance!
chargercouple

Postby CokeMann » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:47 am

You probably fit right in the middle of the average profile of those that are frequent Desire visitors.

Sure there are some hardbodies, but as in life, the ads don't really reflect reality - do they ??? - LOL

Frankly enjoying what Desire has to offer is more about personality and attitude than about physical attributes
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby 2batdesire » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 am

Unless you hit Desire Cancun during one of the takeover weeks for specific groups that have a majority of 20-somethings as members, your visit to Desire at any week will see people from 20 up through the 70s. On 11 trips I think we have seen couples that HAD to be in their 80s at least twice - and they were having an absolute blast!

As far as weight, they range from super skinny to quite overweight, and no one seems to mind. It just isn't a problem there. You'll also see all sorts of body decorations - piercings, tattoos, hairstyles and ways of dressing.

You will have a great time!
2batdesire
Desire Lover

Postby averagejoe » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:17 pm

CokeMann wrote:You probably fit right in the middle of the average profile of those that are frequent Desire visitors.

Frankly enjoying what Desire has to offer is more about personality and attitude than about physical attributes

We agree with the above statements but wish the resort was a bit more like the ads. We've notice overtime (5 years) and many trips that the physical/age averages have crept up a bit.
averagejoe

Postby tout.prest » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:24 pm

It has been our experience that the only people who "seem out of place" at Desire , are the couples who are jerks and are disrespectful to others. They stand out big time !

Nobody cares if your not "perfect" cause, really, who the hell is ??? Certainly not us ! (Well my wife is damn close in my opinion, but I digress........ :) )

We agree that the ads can be misleading, but compare it with ,say, a car advertisment. The Only ads I ever see show the cars looking their absolute best, all shiny and being driven on the type of roads that most of us will never see. :? :roll: :?
Now look down the street you live on and consider how unrealistic that ad was ! Same thing goes for Desire. Sure, you may see the occasional Ferrari go by, but for every one of them that does go by you will see thousands of Mini-vans and sedans ! :lol:

We are 37 and I would say that on our trip last year, we were definitely on the younger side of the demographic curve. :shock:

The best way to get an idea of the true type of person who goes to Desire is to get on a forum like this one,which you have already done . :)

Just book it and we will see ya at the Hot tub ! No worries !

Steve ( & Nancy)
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby CokeMann » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:40 pm

[quote]Averagejoe - “We've notice overtime (5 years) and many trips that the physical/age averages have crept up a bit.â€
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby ctsoftswgcpl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:46 pm

I think what got us into Desire was the fact that everyone we met took you in because of your personality and not your looks. We are all the same when you remove the labels. I would be willing to bet you will not regret the Desire Experiance.
Doreen and Bill
ctsoftswgcpl

Postby chargercouple » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Copy that guys...thanks

That's about what I figured but thought maybe this was some elite place for the young and fit. We went to a clothing optional beach once at Cozumel for a day and wifey seemed to like it, much to my suprise. We thought this migh be a good, "unconventional", vacation.

Thanks again
chargercouple

Postby averagejoe » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:08 pm

True True. When it comes to socializing or having a drink, personality win's every time. When it comes to the "other" activities that happen at Desire, well that's when you do appreciate those that take care of themselves. When it comes to Sex, men ARE visual and i'd gather quite a bit of women are too. I guess it all depends on what you want to do when your at Desire for vacation.

Yes people get older, hell even me :wink: but I can still stand up straight, look down and see my "johnson" without the aid of a mirror or microscope :lol:
averagejoe

Postby Powderfinger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:40 pm

On our last trip, the average age of guests was probably ten years older than during the same time period the previous year.....part of it could be the state of the economy, which just might impact vacation plans differently for different age groups....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby jimmyd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 pm

I came to realize that most of the guests at Desire do tend to be in their 30's to 50's primarily because they are at a point in life where they don't care what people may think and also have the money to go. Desire is a bit pricey but the sexually charged atmosphere is well worth the price.
jimmyd
Desire Fan

Postby P&K » Fri May 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Don't worry about the 'averages'. Who wants average? Most regular Desire visitors want 'superior', above average, superb, etc.

So, whatever our age, whatever other people's determination of our physical attributes, we know we are better than average, as are all the other guests.

And we have a better than average vacation, too.

Also since our first visit, both my wife and I have aged, on average, exactly 5 years, but we still return. Go figure.

P&K
P&K

Postby naplesloyal » Sun May 17, 2009 12:11 pm

The thing that my wife and I love about Desire (we are in our early 50s and have been twice) is that NO_ONE cares.The fact that people are not judgemental about themselves is that they are not judgemental about anyone else.We have met the best people on our visits..and no-one gives a shit about bodies.Everyone(almost) are the best people,friendly,sexy and easy to talk to...go find that in any other resort
naplesloyal
Desire Convert

Postby averagejoe » Tue May 19, 2009 10:29 am

naplesloyal wrote:The thing that my wife and I love about Desire (we are in our early 50s and have been twice) is that NO_ONE cares.

i wouldn't say no one cares. We care when it come to the extra curicular activities, that's for sure. For socializing and conversation and a drink, sure who cares but we do prefer inshape and folks we consider as attractive as ourselves for those "other" activities. We are mid/late 30's and while we have a great time at Desire, we've seen a decline in the numbers of what we'd consider playmates. People have probably said we are snobbish when we've declined to play but we decided to only play with those we both feel attractive to and not take one for the team so to speak.

We need to start advertising Desire at some of the South Beach Clubs or something to balance out the numbers!
averagejoe

Postby Powderfinger » Tue May 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Well, averagejoe, you're right and we agree with you.....but we agree with naplesloyal as well.....and, lol, for the OP, in this couple its the Mrs. with the six-pack abs.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya