why are people wearing bathing suits in the hot tub

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: why are people wearing bathing suits in the hot tub

Postby limousin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:47 pm

We will be visiting DRM for the first time in April. Correct me if i am wrong but just because you are into the "lifestyle" doesn't neccesarily mean you are a nudist. They are two different things. I think its an individual choice to choose to wear a suit in the hot tub or not, not be be judged by anyone.
limousin

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby canadiantakeover » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Our first trip to a CO resort was Desire in January. We took the band-aid approach and whipped it off at our first stop at the jacuzzi. It was fun, there's no need to be self-conscious, and one of the most fun conversations we had started from discovering he had a butt-double at the resort.

Don't worry about the pants police. With all the people we met there's no one that'll whisper about you if you don't go nude. We opted to go nude at the jacuzzi because it was a fun, inviting environment to try something new. Especially since we: 1) don't own or have access to a sexy, secluded jacuzzi at home and 2) up until yesterday an outdoor jacuzzi experience would've frozen our fun bits off, pieces we very much value! Be willing to try new things, but if you can't/don't want to muster up the courage there's plenty of ways to enjoy yourself and meet fun people at the resort.

Coincidentally it's way easier to sneak-in a quick grope with your SO if they're nekkid... ;)
RM - Jan 2015, Jan 2016, Jan 2017, Aug 2017
Next up: RM - Jan 2018!

The rumours about us are true, eh!
canadiantakeover
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2016

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:30 pm

limousin wrote:We will be visiting DRM for the first time in April. Correct me if i am wrong but just because you are into the "lifestyle" doesn't neccesarily mean you are a nudist. They are two different things. I think its an individual choice to choose to wear a suit in the hot tub or not, not be be judged by anyone.

You're not wrong, it's an individual choice. You pay a lot of money to go there and you can wear what you want. Other people pay a lot too, but they might be understandably disappointed by an overabundance of suited guests. I'd be pissed if I showed up everyone else was clothed all the time after I paid all that money.

Swingers and nudists are totally separate things. HOWEVER, swingers are almost universally at least a kind of open to nudity. Virtually no one wears a suit to the jacuzzi, and those that do usually only do so in the first 24 hours of their first visit. The pool has a little higher incidence of suited use. One thing I never understood, is that there are swingers that will be butt naked f**king several people in an open orgy room, but uncomfortable with nudity otherwise. To each their own, but I won't pretend to understand!
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby JandF » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:51 am

Ok so total newbies here and reading this is a bit of a turn off for me. I am very self conscious and shy around people Im not familiar with. Sadly, reading that people are put off and upset that others are wearing suits in the jacuzzi, Im beginning reconsider our trip a bit.

Aside from me being self conscious and shy, I also have a little thing about being nude in anything other than bath water. Call me crazy or odd being in this lifestyle but its just one of my quirks. We are also fair skinned and prone to burning so Im thinking full nudity is probably not in the cards for us for the most part.

So having thrown all of that on the table...... Im wondering if this trip will be a good fit or experience. Will our personal preference, being non-nudist, and choosing to wear some semblance of clothing end up being the demise of our experience as we may be shunned or frowned upon?

Feeling sheepish....
F
JandF
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Nov 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie, FetLife

Postby CokeMann » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:58 am

JandF wrote:Feeling sheepish....

There are definitely some polarized views and comments on this thread, but the reality is when you are at the either of the Desire resorts no one notices, comments or really cares if you are nude, semi nude or clothed.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby miranda2 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 am

JandF - Desire Resorts are clothing optional. I hope you will feel comfortable enjoying your vacation at Desire the way YOU choose to. Don't worry, you won't be the only ones wearing your bathing suits.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby SJCrazy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:05 am

JandF wrote:Ok so total newbies here and reading this is a bit of a turn off for me. I am very self conscious and shy around people Im not familiar with. Sadly, reading that people are put off and upset that others are wearing suits in the jacuzzi, Im beginning reconsider our trip a bit.

No one is going to give you a hard time about it. It's very remotely possible somebody might mention in a friendly/humorous way suggest you get naked, but you'll notice very quickly that the Desire vibe doesn't have any genuine criticism at all. Jokes abound, but nobody is going to keep ribbing you if you're not joking around with them too.

Also like I said, most who wear a suit in the jacuzzi don't do it past their first 24 hours. Your mileage may vary, but most feel very comfortable naked before long. The pool has more suits but still not many, and as the trip goes on people tend not to wear them.

But above all, nobody really cares. I mean, they care in a general, aggregate sense; if some people wear suits it doesn't bother me any because the crowd overall tends to be pretty naked. In principle I'd like everyone to get naked (or at least show me some titties!) but in reality I'm having way too much fun to care what you wear or don't wear.
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 am

eddieandjojo wrote:Paul & Darcy,

These are just the view of a few, the fact is that Desire is CLOTHING OPTIONAL and after 22 trips we have never felt judged for having our bottoms on. Who gives a rats ass what someone thinks if my wife wears her bottoms 80% of the time, hard for anyone to look at at her topless and think anything less than how beautiful she is! As for me, I wear what I please, board shorts, square cut shorts, sarong and if/when I feel like it I wear nothing. Most of the time in the hot tub I go nude BUT that's my choice.....

My perspective for what it's worth. .....

Okay, so I don't normally quote myself but I thought it was worth restating the above.....we leave Saturday for Desire trip #23! The important thing here is that DESIRE IS CLOTHING OPTIONAL end of story.
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Travelingd » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:06 am

Our 2 visit o RM. The was a similar group. The women were nude at pool and hot tub. The men did there on own thing coming and going but never nude always in one length board shorts. It seems odd but to each is own. In the beginning it felt like they were gawking and lurking about like we all were their who hen we all just ignored them
Travelingd

Postby desireaddict » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:02 pm

On almost every trip my wife at least starts out just topless. We usually travel with friends from previous trips and they all are typically nude. No one notices. No one cares.

Enjoy!

Life is Good!
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby K&RinTX » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:43 pm

We have only been once, but one of the things that struck me was just how little it means to be naked or not! I found myself talking to K about other couples we met, and couldn't really remember if they were always nude, sometimes nude, or never...until you've experienced it you won't believe how little the issue becomes :)
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby JandF » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Thank you every one..... Kinda wish I could hear from those that are adamant about how it should be naked.....but I truly appreciate your words of reassurance. :)
JandF
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Nov 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie, FetLife

Postby WellInever » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:21 am

JandF wrote:Thank you every one..... Kinda wish I could hear from those that are adamant about how it should be naked.....but I truly appreciate your words of reassurance. :)

We'll add our bit JandF, in the hope it might help you.. We have been going naked for years .. At beaches and latterly at both Desire and Cap D'Agde, the naturist village in the South of France.. We have come to love the sheer freedom that being able to wander naked provides.. At both Desire and Cap D'Agde, there will be an element who prefer to keep some clothes on.. Fine by us.. To a point. The attraction of clothing optional resorts is just that.. You don't have to wear clothes. If everyone else kept their clothes on, we too would feel awkward about getting naked but the reality is, a majority will exercise the option to go nude.. We tend to see the clothing optional tag as an invitation to get naked rather than stay clothed but fully respect the choice of those who wish to exercise their option to remain clothed.
The fact is, there will be enough people naked or nearly naked to create a great vibe and once you get going, who cares? Don't let the issue put you off the chance of a fantastic holiday in clothes or out of them!

:UK
Relax and get naked.. you're on holiday..
WellInever
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 17 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby TnBS » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Just my opinion.........As many others have stated in many threads, it's "clothing optional" and you should respect others choices and not make them feel out of place for being naked or not naked.
What I don't understand is why those that go naked all the time feel its their duty to try and convince the others that they should follow suit. Those wearing bathing suits don't try
to convince the naked folks to put clothes on do they? They don't say " maybe you should find a clothing required beach and just practice it, you might like it" LOLOL
I love it that nudist are comfortable and happy being naked as much as possible, and I love it that others have the courage to stay clothed if they choose for whatever reason or no reason......personally, I do a little of both. Many reasons and many moods determine the dress code for the day for me.
Some people are insecure for different reasons, some have scars, first timers, or less than desirable bodies, or perfect bodies and simply shy about it, or religious reasons. Whatever the reason, saying they SHOULD go naked is like saying they SHOULD be involved in swinging because they are at Desire. No, it's a choice for either of those options and should be respected both directions.
Instead of pressuring or making them feel uncomfortable about having clothes on, maybe a better approach would be to go out of your way to make them feel comfortable and not
as though they are being looked at or whispered about. Most people open up and have the most fun when they are comfortable...and that's what you really want, right? Is tons of fun?
Chances are, if they are comfortable and feel accepted for their initial choice to wear or not wear then they will have so much fun the clothes will come off naturally.

While at Hedo my first trip, I actually found myself more intrigued by the ones that kept a little clothing on, it's sexy and fuels the imagination. ;-))

TnBS
TnBS
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 04 Aug 1915
Swing Site(s) we belong to: None

Postby Vixen and Him » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:51 am

Agreed!! :L
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar