why are people wearing bathing suits in the hot tub

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: why are people wearing bathing suits in the hot tub

Postby funcpl27 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:18 am

Desire isn't a nudist resort. It is a swinger friendly resort which allows nudity. BIG difference. !!

to be frank ...as swingers we don't really give a rip what nudists expectations are. We tend to be nude a lot of the time but that isn't our goal per se. Our goal is sexuality and that can sometimes be counter to nudist culture.
funcpl27
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Jul 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasadie

Postby JandF » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm

TnBS wrote:Just my opinion.........As many others have stated in many threads, it's "clothing optional" and you should respect others choices and not make them feel out of place for being naked or not naked.
What I don't understand is why those that go naked all the time feel its their duty to try and convince the others that they should follow suit. Those wearing bathing suits don't try
to convince the naked folks to put clothes on do they? They don't say " maybe you should find a clothing required beach and just practice it, you might like it" LOLOL
I love it that nudist are comfortable and happy being naked as much as possible, and I love it that others have the courage to stay clothed if they choose for whatever reason or no reason......personally, I do a little of both. Many reasons and many moods determine the dress code for the day for me.
Some people are insecure for different reasons, some have scars, first timers, or less than desirable bodies, or perfect bodies and simply shy about it, or religious reasons. Whatever the reason, saying they SHOULD go naked is like saying they SHOULD be involved in swinging because they are at Desire. No, it's a choice for either of those options and should be respected both directions.
Instead of pressuring or making them feel uncomfortable about having clothes on, maybe a better approach would be to go out of your way to make them feel comfortable and not
as though they are being looked at or whispered about. Most people open up and have the most fun when they are comfortable...and that's what you really want, right? Is tons of fun?
Chances are, if they are comfortable and feel accepted for their initial choice to wear or not wear then they will have so much fun the clothes will come off naturally.

While at Hedo my first trip, I actually found myself more intrigued by the ones that kept a little clothing on, it's sexy and fuels the imagination. ;-))

TnBS

:L In one swoop you made any discomfort I may have been entertaining as a newbie go away.... well said, thank you. And might I say, I love you?????? @};- :D
PS.... the trip is booked.......squeeeeee!!!!!
JandF
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 07 Nov 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie, FetLife

Postby SunBeachFun » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Beach girl wrote:This being written by a female I keep my bottoms on due to the fact my body is less than perfect. Having a child later in life took a toll. Therefore, I feel sexier and more comfortable with my bottoms on in front of a large crowd. I am not opposed to dropping the bottoms with people I become comfortable with. I enjoy the sexy vibe at Desire and all it has to offer. The playroom, the disco, the jacuzzi, PDS and all. Please don't judge me because my bottoms are on, I'm there to have a great time the same as everyone else. I'll be at the jacuzzi in December ready to play. (Toys included)

I don't believe any reasonable person is "complaining" about women doing your bottoms thing ... the initial issue was about a man remaining clothed, while taking advantage of the nudity. You are good to go!!
SunBeachFun
Desire Lover

Postby Hector » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 am

Well said SunBeachFun.
Hector
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada

Postby TnBS » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:13 am

JandF wrote: :L In one swoop you made any discomfort I may have been entertaining as a newbie go away.... well said, thank you. And might I say, I love you?????? @};- :D
PS.... the trip is booked.......squeeeeee!!!!!

Hmmmm, WoW?! All of a sudden I'm speechless...lol So you gonna change your trip dates to match ours? hhaha :D/
TnBS
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 04 Aug 1915
Swing Site(s) we belong to: None

Postby Travelcouple89 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm not sure why there are so many that are adamant about others being naked. Desire is one of the friendliest resorts we have ever had the privilege of vacationing, EVER! Therefore, it's hard to believe that some of the replies in this thread are from people that are a part of the great Desire family. We have never once had anyone at Desire comment on us being clothed, nude, or otherwise. When it come to playing, partying, or just fantastic conversation, clothes have no bearing as far as we are concerned. The different comfort levels, backgrounds, and experiences of all the different people is one of the things that makes Desire what it is, incredible. Plus you all know, if the chemistry, atmosphere, and mood is right, the clothes will come off! :wink: Welcome Home Everyone!
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby Peking7 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:32 pm

I agree with travelCouple I will be in Desire for the first time in May . I have been following this forum and what I liked most was reading how everyone is respectful and friendly and nobody judges anyone on how they look and so on . Then I read this thread of people complaining that some don't get naked . Everyone should do what makes them comfortable without being judged . Well I'm sure I will love Desire but hope nobody judges me or my wife .
Peking7
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 01 May 2015

Postby co_chicago » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:55 am

I think some people are getting way too worked up about this discussion. People who take naked vacations like to be around other naked people. It's that simple. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? Substitute the word "naked" with any other word and the sentiment is the same. (i.e. "golf") It's not about being disrespectful, or judgmental or being adamant that everyone else has to be naked. It's a simple preference and a fair topic of discussion on a forum.

That said, Desire is clothing optional. Everyone understands that. Naked people and clothed people will all get along and play nice. No one is going to say or do anything to make you feel uncomfortable if you are wearing a bathing suit. They won't scowl at you, point at you and laugh, confront you, spit at you, stick scorpions down your shorts... In fact they will talk with you, have a drink with you, maybe invite you up to the playroom or hot tub and all will have a good time.

We've seen more than a few people start the vacation clothed and end up naked. Everyone has to start somewhere. If naked is not for you, that's OK too.
co_chicago
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC chicagobifun

Postby mustang » Sun May 22, 2016 6:20 pm

as someone who hasn't been there yet, my concern is more with unwanted groping than someone wearing shorts. surely unwanted groping is a problem whether the 'groper' is naked or not?
btw cant wait till oct!
mustang
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 06 Sep 2021

Postby Explorer79 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:07 pm

What about wanted groping? :mrgreen: :bj
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby mustang » Mon May 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Explorer79 wrote:What about wanted groping? :mrgreen: :bj

haha!!
mustang
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 06 Sep 2021

Postby biloxiboating » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:14 pm

if you want to wear suits in the pool or hot tub why not go to a place where others feel the same as you?

If too many people start wearing suits then Desire won't be Desire anymore.

The fact is most of us feel uncomfortable being nude around dressed people. We only feel comfortable being nude when basically everyone else is also. We don't have perfect bodies either, who does? When everyone else shows their imperfections then you feel ok showing yours.
SLS, SDC, Kasidie and KIK: biloxiboating
biloxiboating
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and SDC

Postby northernlightscpl » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:37 pm

biloxiboating wrote:if you want to wear suits in the pool or hot tub why not go to a place where others feel the same as you?

If too many people start wearing suits then Desire won't be Desire anymore.

The fact is most of us feel uncomfortable being nude around dressed people. We only feel comfortable being nude when basically everyone else is also. We don't have perfect bodies either, who does? When everyone else shows their imperfections then you feel ok showing yours.

:L :L
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Justskin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:07 pm

Before we became Desire converts we attended Hedonism twice. One thing we noticed when arriving there was that they literally have a guard posted at the "nude side" demarcation--a line between the nude side and the 'prude' side. One has to disrobe there to enter the nude side or you don't get in.
Women are free to wear bottoms--it can be the nature of (monthly) things, but guys shorts and gals bikini tops hit the sand.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby northernlightscpl » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:58 pm

Justskin wrote:Before we became Desire converts we attended Hedonism twice. One thing we noticed when arriving there was that they literally have a guard posted at the "nude side" demarcation--a line between the nude side and the 'prude' side. One has to disrobe there to enter the nude side or you don't get in.
Women are free to wear bottoms--it can be the nature of (monthly) things, but guys shorts and gals bikini tops hit the sand.

We don't get it either why this happens and it has been a hotly debated before on this site. Personally, people know where they are going and what happens at Desire resorts before they come. If they are 'testing the waters' to their nudity, do it on one of the many nude beaches across N. America and not see 'if you will' at Desire. It really does set a different tone when we have seen up to 50% in their swimming suits and you go, what the heck. Go to a vanilla resort or a clothing optional beach and don't put others in uncomfortable feelings or situations who are nude. We were at Desire a few years ago during ISM and invited a couple to sit with us for lunch that were looking for seats. She never took her suit off and he did around the pool, the whole week they were there. They said they were disgusted at what they were seeing and thought everyone was 'hitting on them, because they were (get this) 'new meat', as though we all were waiting for them to come. Maybe we were as well because we invited them to sit with us. Very uncomfortable lunch needless to say and they did stick strictly to themselves and later with another prude couple. They were 'so disgusted' with the activities they were seeing at Desire, that they were also in the Jacuzzi every afternoon as well. Why were they there ??? Why do people go vacation there and have all the strong opinions about everything they see and what others are doing or shouldn't do. Desire Resort is not for everyone, so if sexual activities and nudity offends or bothers some people, they really are vacationing at the wrong place. Spare us all and go to a vanilla resort. Personally, I will socialize with prude people at a vanilla resort where I too have a bathing suit on, but will not socialize with them at Desire resort if they choose to remain clothed at the pool and Jacuzzi. I will not 'try to understand them' or 'give them time' and help them take 'baby steps to whatever'. Either come and join in the vibe of Desire, the best vacation place or go and enjoy a vanilla resort where you will be more comfortable and so will we. If some are wondering, we started at nude beaches, then a club, then to Desire and never had the bathing suit on from the first minute on the first visit. We wear them to go for lunch or to our room or lobby like everyone else, but not at the pool or Jacuzzi.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya