why are people wearing bathing suits in the hot tub

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

why are people wearing bathing suits in the hot tub

Postby jerolim » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:40 pm

we just returned from a great trip to desire rm, but it struck us as weird that there were a few men in the hot tub, wearing a bathing suit, yet touching all the women? i would prefer a firm nude policy at the hot tub, pool, etc....but i guess some people like to wear something...
jerolim
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Re: why are people wearing bathing suits in the hot tub

Postby co_chicago » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:49 pm

We noticed the same thing when we were at Desire RM over halloween. I guess we're used to the "nudity required" policy that Hedo has for the nude pool, beach and Hot tub. Perhaps 10% of the crowd in the Desire hot tub had suits on. Seemed odd to us too.
co_chicago
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC chicagobifun

Postby sexythought » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:07 pm

This really does not sit well with me. We are going for the first time in December and can't wait to meet a whole bunch of great people, but the idea of some clothed guy in the hot tub taking the opportunity to gra/fondle nude women just sounds absolutely wrong. There's a seriously negative power shift built in to this scenario. I know my wife--who is nervous enough as it is--would be seriously put off by such behavior. When everyone is nude, we are all on the same playing field so to speak. In our minds that changes when the man chooses to just be a perv. I really hope we don't experience this. It sounds awful. On the contrary, where everyone is nude, playful and respectful it just sounds like a blast.

By the way, I thought the jacuzzi area WAS supposed to be a nude area. Am I mistaken? If it is CO like all the other areas, then i guess there's nothing we can do other than make it very clear that we have no interest in socializing with men who apparently aren't man enough to take off their trunks.
sexythought
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2014

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Wearing trunks in the hot tub would just be....wrong. Not this guy. Noooooooope. I go to that place to get naked, not to get "a little relaxed and less dressed".

Even if my body might sometime scream "put some clothes on!" to some people. :lol:
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Beach girl » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:08 pm

This being written by a female I keep my bottoms on due to the fact my body is less than perfect. Having a child later in life took a toll. Therefore, I feel sexier and more comfortable with my bottoms on in front of a large crowd. I am not opposed to dropping the bottoms with people I become comfortable with. I enjoy the sexy vibe at Desire and all it has to offer. The playroom, the disco, the jacuzzi, PDS and all. Please don't judge me because my bottoms are on, I'm there to have a great time the same as everyone else. I'll be at the jacuzzi in December ready to play. (Toys included)
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby violetdream » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Okay, I just have to chime in on this one. Not quite sure how a someone having bathing suit bottoms on gives them power over you but...anyway, having been there a time or two I can list several reasons why I (the wife) and sometimes hubby wear our bottoms at the hot tub.
#1 sometimes you just get too much sun in a certain area and well, you just want it covered. The sun is HOT up there in the afternoon and I have seen many a person turn into a lobster within an hour of afternoon hot tub time. Makes for a miserable night at the disco and after...
#2 I have several very sexy, very skimpy, very can't wear in real life bikini's. I love to wear them and Desire is the only place I get to. Alot of times I start off wearing those at different times of the day and then shed them later.
#3 This one is the most common one for me and the hubby - The square tiles that line the seating area of the hot tub HURT your behind. I hate leaving there with a mosaic imprinted on my backside. Not a sexy way to make an exit. LOL Sometimes we take a towel and submerge it and sit on it but sometimes you just don't take the time or are just too relaxed (aka lazy) to wander over and grab a towel.
#4 Remember different people have different comfort levels and are at different points in their vacation. Is this their first day? Are they shy? Are they insecure about their body or image? Maybe try chatting with them to make them more comfortable.

I guess my point is don't jump to the conclusion that they're creepy or perv's just because they keep their bottoms on. You wouldn't like it if someone called you a perv because you like to be in the hot tub WITHOUT your bottoms. So just relax, give everyone the benefit (until they prove you wrong) of the doubt and enjoy yourself.

:D
violetdream
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 0-2015

Postby TandD » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:39 pm

violetdream wrote:#2 I have several very sexy, very skimpy, very can't wear in real life bikini's. I love to wear them and Desire is the only place I get to. Alot of times I start off wearing those at different times of the day and then shed them later.

I second this. Not as a woman but I *love* seeing my wife in her sexy, skimpy, can't wear them anywhere else but here, suits. A sexy/sheer suit can be waay sexier than full nude in my opinion.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby sexythought » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:40 am

I guess I will just have to disagree with some of you. First, as much as some may choose to disagree, I believe there is a difference between a woman staying partially dressed and a man keeping dressed in an environment like this. And, it's not just that the man is dressed that bothers me. That in and of itself is not the issue. It is being dressed but feeling entitled to go around grabbing those who are not. It is this joint condition of staying dressed in an otherwise nude environment but demanding a piece of the action that is off putting (and in my mind perv like) It's like the guy who pays money to go to a strip joint so the women can do his bidding for a buck. Time and again, it has been said on this board that it is all about the women, but that strikes me as total bs if men are sitting back clothed in a nude environment and treating other men's wives as objects they can grab at their whim. If you don't see the power aspect of this scenario then I just don't know what to say. As I said before, I seriously hope we do not experience this on our visit.

Maybe I made a big mistake thinking this would be a fun environment.
sexythought
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2014

Postby Beach girl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:13 am

Having been to Desire before I can assure you that you are not making a mistake. I have never seen a man swimsuit on or swimsuit off that grabbed and fondled women. I never considered a man with a swimsuit on a perv. Never even thought about it. Everyone I have ever encountered was very respectful. Maybe there was one bad egg in the jacuzzi, don't let him spoil it for the rest.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby WhiteSands » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 am

sexythought, please don't stress, this IS a fun environment! I, like you, would prefer nudity, at all times, but respect people's choices. We've met some wonderful, fun couples who are just not completely at ease with the whole nakedness thing (pity!).
And as for 'clothed' men groping naked women? Never seen it happen. It doesn't matter if you have your bottoms on or are completely naked, you don't touch "this" (see avatar) without express permission!
Go, have fun (you will), meet some awesome people (you will) and report back! (we hope) x
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby JandT4848 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 am

sexythought wrote:I guess I will just have to disagree with some of you. First, as much as some may choose to disagree, I believe there is a difference between a woman staying partially dressed and a man keeping dressed in an environment like this. And, it's not just that the man is dressed that bothers me. That in and of itself is not the issue. It is being dressed but feeling entitled to go around grabbing those who are not. It is this joint condition of staying dressed in an otherwise nude environment but demanding a piece of the action that is off putting (and in my mind perv like) It's like the guy who pays money to go to a strip joint so the women can do his bidding for a buck. Time and again, it has been said on this board that it is all about the women, but that strikes me as total bs if men are sitting back clothed in a nude environment and treating other men's wives as objects they can grab at their whim. If you don't see the power aspect of this scenario then I just don't know what to say. As I said before, I seriously hope we do not experience this on our visit.

Maybe I made a big mistake thinking this would be a fun environment.

Our first visit too. We have been to Couples Negril twice before and always hit the AN beach there. Felt total comfort and respect there and it seems that folks who are up for the AN experience do so together as a couple ---Never felt the perv vibes ever. Can't imagine this is a mistake. We arrive just after you on the 8th---hope we have enough time on that day to get some sun on our bums, but nekid for a week otherwise. It will be fun if we have anything to do with it --- %%-
JandT4848
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 08 Dec 2014

Postby danbo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:59 am

We noticed a higher proportion of bathing suit wearers on our second visit late Oct. This was odd as 75% of the hotel was taken over by a group (lifestyle lounge or something). There was also a small group of people that I think were there for the first time that had been to Temptation before. Maybe they had a hard time (pardon the pun) making the next step. To each their own. There was no uninvited touching or other unwanted behaviour that we saw.
Having said all that, a number of people that we socialized with did express the opinion that the hot tub should be nude only to prevent the possible feeling of being on display for those clothed gawkers.
BTW, there are now signs showing no cameras, no smoking, no food and couples only allowed, so hopefully the proverbial rude single guy will have some difficulty by himself.
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby BTDT » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:51 am

Clothed, partially clothed, or neither a thread nor a hair on you anywhere nude, if you are touching or more sans permission, a person is more than a tad out of line.

Even if the night before one had boldly gone where one had never been before, it wasn't necessarily a lifetime free pass to get beamed up at will.

Not sure why that would be a complex concept for some. Trekkers figured it out nearly half a century ago.
BTDT
Desire Fan

Postby co_chicago » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:50 am

Let me add that while we found it odd to see so many people in bathing suits in the hot tub it was a very small minority and did not take anything away from the fact that the hot tub was a blast! It was crowded, social and a lot of fun. A great place to meet and mingle. We had no problems with any inappropriate touching or rude behavior. If you were moving around there was a good chance you would rub up against other naked bodies which can be good or bad depending on your perspective. What better way to strike up a conversation with someone than discovering your butt cheeks had already met. The hot tub area was mostly in the shade so I don't think people were wearing suits because of sunburn.
co_chicago
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC chicagobifun

Postby jerolim » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:57 pm

i get why some people want to wear something, but personally i would prefer a total nudity policy while in the hot tub.....with all that in mind, the place is awesome and the hot tub is so much fun.....
jerolim
Desire Convert

Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya