Airline (Delta) Changes, due to Flu Scare!

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Airline (Delta) Changes, due to Flu Scare!

Postby landedesire » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Just an FYI. I received an email this morning from Delta saying that my flight schedule had been changed! I am use to our schedule changing a few minutes to a couple hours, but this time they changed a non stop flight that was arriving early afternoon to a connecting flight arriving LATE afternoon. I know for some people that may not be a big deal, but for me/us I don't want ANYTHING to interfere with my 7 days/no kids/naked/erotic/sexy vacation on the beach!!! If you get what I mean and I think most of you do! Anyway, bottom line I was told was that because of all the scare a few weeks back and most of the cruise lines cancelling their upcoming Mexico stops, the airlines have been forced to make some changes and Delta discontinued their non stop flights to Cancun from Boston. I called customer service after checking online to see what was available and was able to get an earlier flight, actually bringing us in earlier than we originally planned, yeah! They were very accommodating and pretty much would do anything they could to fit our schedule. Probably not going to get much sleep the night before (leaving 6 a.m on 7/25, but I think we may manage to catch some z's on the palapas if we need to make some up. Plus, sleep, who needs it :roll: Oh well. Just thought I would pass this along and give praises where do. It was so nice getting someone who actually seemed like that felt bad and wanted to help! Oh, and if we had to book our flights now, we would be paying over $ 1,300 for both. We only paid $ 480 for both. Not too bad!

Laura and Eric
landedesire
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Nolaflacav » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:29 pm

We just got our e-mail from Delta yesterday. We too have lost our direct flight and will now go through Atlanta. In looking at the itinerary I was glad to see that we only lose about an hour of time at Desire both arriving and leaving. Not happy but I can live with that.

I have to give Delta a thumbs up for at least giving us the same two exit row seats I had already reserved for our direct flights on the two new connecting flights both coming and going.
Nolaflacav
Desire Fan

The rep I talked to was as accommodating as possible :)

Postby landedesire » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Well....that is a good thing! When are you going? We are getting excited and now are quite happy that we will be arriving 1 1/2 hours earlier than originally planned. :)
landedesire
Desire Addict

correction

Postby landedesire » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 pm

When I said good thing, I meant your seats, LOL...I just wanted to make sure that you didn't think that you "lost" your nonstop flights!
landedesire
Desire Addict

Postby Nolaflacav » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 pm

You are getting there way ahead of us. Have a great time. Our arrival is not until Labor Day weekend. But any trip to Desire is worth the wait since there is always a happy ending.
Nolaflacav
Desire Fan

Postby landedesire » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:01 pm

So true, so true :lol:
landedesire
Desire Addict

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya