Cruise instead of Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Lifestyle Cruises Are Good For All

Postby shoesonlytravel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 am

Yes there are some different cruises available now, which is a good thing. Of course there was this years YOLO Cruise and then there is going to be both a YOLO and Radiance Cruise on large ships in the fall of 2010.

Then there is also the Shoes Only Travel Erotic Au Naturel Caribbean Cruise aboard the Windstar, Windsurf out of Barbados January 24th - 31st 2010. This ship is only 156 cabins(all couples) so it is much more intimate. Think of it as Desire at sea :)

But to the point of the previous posting about the cruises hurting Desire. I disagree, I think that by adding variety to the marketplace you will actually reinvigorate the market.

We have many clients that have been to Desire, Hedo or both half a dozen or more times. They love them but are craving a little variety. After a nice cruise they are ready to go back to their favorite resort with a new and fresh perspective.

The bottom line is enjoy the experiences and relish in the variety.
shoesonlytravel

Postby wingit50 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:37 pm

The April 2009 Yolo cruise was fantastic...as was stated previously it needs some tweeking....the timing was ideal for us and being on the first ever total takeover of carnival cruise boat was exciting..we had a blast...we would do it again and continue to go to cancun and jamaica...twice a year vacation...april and november....cruise was excellent and i agree the variety is stimulateing, compettion is a wonderful thing!
wingit50

Postby cwap » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:10 am

Definitely prefer Desire over a cruise, although 700 couples...wow!
cwap
Desire Convert

LIke it small

Postby shoesonlytravel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 am

I agree with you about the number of people. While there are cruises with 1,000 couples and some love that we prefer a more intimate gathering. That is why our cruise coming up in January is only 150 couples (the entire ship). It has the intimacy of the Desire that we all love.
shoesonlytravel

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Anyone have updated information on any lifestyle cruises? $510/nt for a garden view @ Desire is getting ridiculous...I know there are summer discounts, however we need to travel during the winter because of Business reasons.

Thanks,

Terry & Gin
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby missb0308 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

We were signed up for the NYE cruise, had paid our deposit, but luckily hadn't purchased our airfare yet. We received word in October that the cruise would no longer have a Lifestyle group on it, but that we could still take the cruise at a discounted rate. We were extremely disappointed and chose to spend NYE somewhere else.

If you hear of any other Lifestyle cruises, let us kow.
missb0308
Desire Fan

Lifestyle Cruise

Postby shoesonlytravel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:48 pm

The only Lifestyle Cruises to go on are the ones that are total takeovers like ours January 24th -31st.
shoesonlytravel

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Are there any major cruise lines having take over cruises? We'd be interested in one of those for sure.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Takeover cruise on Carnival

Postby Hump4Free » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Cali ... Carnival is a major cruise line, and they have a takeover cruise (according to YOLO's website). I am not affiliated with them, I just wondered if anyone had any additional information on past cruises. Wingit50 said they had a great time, but didn't say anything about the onboard playrooms. According to another review I saw online, there were 2 playrooms on the 2009 takeover cruise on Carnival out of Tampa. Has anybody actually been in these playrooms ? If so, please share your experience. Also, if anyone out there went on the cruise last week out of Barbados (sponsored by Shoes Only Travel ?), please tell us all about that experience ... I understand they too had playrooms.
Hump4Free
Desire Fan

Postby chris&donna » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 pm

miranda wrote:I checked out the swingercruise site but couldn't find out the size of the ship. Was it a mainstream cruise-ship take over? I couldn't find out that info.

Thanks for the suggestion of an alternative choice for folks who may be interested in cruising, rather than a land / beach vacation.

The ship is the Radiance of the Seas, Royal Carribean. Very Nice! I was on the web site looking last night, I think it would be a great way to meet like minded couples. Both Desire and the cruise have their +++ and _ _ _. it's all about choice.
chris&donna

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya