Cruise instead of Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Cruise instead of Desire

Postby bobbyxsandy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:19 pm

I think maybe there is some competition now . This year there was the YOLO swingers cruise, over 700 couples went and along with the economy and swine flu it may have taken a bite out of the Desires occupancy rate . There are two cruises, both total swinger takeovers ,going next year. This has to have an affect on other swinger events/resorts as not all lifestyle people have unlimited funds and some will have make choices based on dollars they have to spend on play time. So if Desire is not Careful they may have to deal with large vacancy rates in the years to come . If some one would like to pass this on to the management at Desire maybe they will think twice about next years rates before people book their cruise because the cruise is new and different on top of being less money and a better value. Bobby
bobbyxsandy
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Jun 2018

Postby miranda » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Can you give us some more info as to how we can find out about the cruises and how much they are?
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby bobbyxsandy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:15 pm

One is already on the market and is bring done Bob and Tess from New Orleans. The cruise will be out of Tampa in Nov 2010 the other is by YOLO (You Only Live Once ) We went on the YOLO one this year and it was ok, it needed some tweeking but it was the first ever and they did a very good job. The exact date and place of the YOLO is not set yet but they are taking advance reservation now at YOLOcruise.com or Swingerscruise.com. Bobby
bobbyxsandy
Desire Convert

Postby 2batdesire » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:22 am

hmmmmmmm this sounds strangely like an advertisement..................
2batdesire
Desire Lover

Postby rtex » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:30 am

It does sound like a sneaky advert.

Desire's advantage - the way I see it, it that it caters to couples only and to couples who are not necessarily in the lifestyle. These swingers cruises have been around for a while. Maybe not these two that are mentioned here but there are other companies who run cruises for swingers so this really isn't a new concept.

Desire does have a unique niche in the marketplace. But that doesn't mean that Desire shouldn't pay attention. Complacency in today's market means extinction. I personally subscribe to "lower the price and sell more volume" theory. Works every single time.
rtex
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks for the info.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby bobbyxsandy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:31 am

Man you people are something else always trying to see something that is not there. I am in no way connected to or have I ever been connected to either cruise ,I do not sell cruises and having nothing to do with selling travel. I only posted the cruise info after I was asked if I had any more information. Also for the "know it all "the YOLO cruise was the first ever total take over of a cruise ship by a swingers group, IT HAD NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE .So before you add your 2 cents worth at least know what you are talking about. Bobby
bobbyxsandy
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 pm

I checked out the swingercruise site but couldn't find out the size of the ship. Was it a mainstream cruise-ship take over? I couldn't find out that info.

Thanks for the suggestion of an alternative choice for folks who may be interested in cruising, rather than a land / beach vacation.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby jcrd1970 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi All -

Kasidie.com published this review of the 2009 YOLO/Carnival takeover cruise that
just happened. It looks promising, but it's up in the air as to whether or not
Carnival will allow such an off-the-beaten track kind of cruise again.

Still, if you're game, we're game. :)

Cheers,
Gail & Justin

Travel Review - YOLO Cruise
by T and S of FirecrackerPlus

Deleted by Desire Forums Admin

Notice from the Desire Forums Admin

Please do copy and paste information here from other websites without obtaining permission to do so

It is permissible to post a link to that information if you wish
jcrd1970
Desire Convert

Postby bobbyxsandy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:07 pm

The YOLO cruise was April 26th 2009 for 7 days out of Tampa and was on the Carnival ship Legend which has a 2200 passenger rating, I think it had 1800+ passengers, 900 couples, and was a couples only cruise , we did not see or hear of any singles, male or female . YOLO is taking advance reservation now and saying they are about to finalize the contract for the 2010 cruise at which time they will announce the ship and itinerary. Bobby
bobbyxsandy
Desire Convert

Postby gunner » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:46 am

Few years back, took a Norwegian Cruise ship on a nude cruise . It was sponsored by a travel agent that I just do not remember. Even if I did remember I don't think I would share it on this site. Wouldn't want to rattle any cages for those that think Desire is the ONLY vacation spot in the world. Once again, there are other options for naked vacations and from the looks of the new pricing policy of Desire, the 50% occupancy rates will soon be back. If another C/O cruise would pop on up we sure would consider it.
gunner
Desire Convert

Postby Yankeefan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 pm

post the website...i'm sure lots would be interested in addition to Desire..
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

naked cruises

Postby ctryfok » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:31 pm

go to castaways travel

http://www.castawaystravel.com/
ctryfok
Desire Convert

Postby missb0308 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:41 pm

We're very interested in the NYE cruise to the bahamas on swingerscruise.com. My only concern is the size of the group going? We don't want to be one of 2 couples :wink:.

Anyone know where we can find out the number of NYE swinger cruise attendees? TIA!
missb0308
Desire Fan

Postby gunner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:53 am

$3,000 for a 2 night NYE cruise + air + drinks makes about as much sense as jumping out of a plane without a chute. They are out of their minds.
gunner
Desire Convert

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya