Wild & Wicked Night Dress

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Wild & Wicked Night Dress

Postby CLG » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:50 pm

My wife and I are headed back to Desire after several years. We enjoy participating in theme nights, it adds to the enjoyment of our vacation. After reviewing the nights, we're not quite sure what people wear during the "Wild & Wicked" night. Anyone have suggestions what to wear on this night.

Thanks
CLG

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby miranda » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Just checked out the Desire Resort website. Seems they will be changing the theme nights.

http://www.originalresorts.net/events/des/newthemenight/newthemenights.html
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby CLG » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks for the reply, that information certainly changes our shopping needs.
CLG

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby coco » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Not so sure I like the new theme nights. Pimp and Ho night was a favorite of ours and our friends, but it no longer. What's with superhero night, if you don't dress, you don't get into the disco. That sucks!!!
coco
Desire Fan

Postby rtex » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Wow - this really changes things. And we have already bought our Pimp & Ho costumes! Black Tie? Jeans? What's sexy about that? Super Hero? I can understand changing things up a bit but this is a little strange IMHO>>>
rtex
Desire Fan

Postby Nolaflacav » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 am

coco wrote:Not so sure I like the new theme nights. Pimp and Ho night was a favorite of ours and our friends, but it no longer. What's with superhero night, if you don't dress, you don't get into the disco. That sucks!!!

Since the play room can only be accessed through the disco does that mean it becomes off limits too without costume? Or are they going to create outside access directly to the play room?
Nolaflacav
Desire Fan

Postby tout.prest » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 am

Thats an interesting point about the playroom.

They say that the disco will now be closed on thursdays, so again, does that make the playroom closed as well ?

Sounds like they will need to "tweak" this new schedule a bit to make it work out.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:48 pm

hmmmmmmm....on first glance, this change looks horrible......
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Omahacouple » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:17 pm

To all on the Forum:

I would strongly encourage everyone to send a message to DESIRE regarding the changes. It's ONLY with immediate feedback from people who go to Desire will they make changes. WE are their cash flow. They must know that.

The changes are not good and reducing service (closing the Disco) is NOT the way to go. Below is what I just sent to Mia:

Dear Mia:

My wife and I just returned from our first trip to DESIRE and we had a wonderful time. There were a few things that we wish we could change but nothing that would prevent us from returning.......until now.

I understand that DESIRE is changing the Disco Theme Nights and adding a "Black Tie" night and that ALL PERSONS ARE REQUIRED TO DRESS FOR THE THEME NIGHTS OR THEY WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE DISCO and that you are CLOSING the Disco on Thursdays. We were preparing to book our next vacation to Desire but that plan is now on hold.

DESIRE needs to meet the needs of its customers. Implementing negative changes and reducing the number of Disco nights IS NOT going to work.

Please check to see what others are saying on the Desire internet boards. There already appears to be an overwhelmingly negative reaction to the "new" changes. Try asking your customers what they would like to see!!

1) get rid of BLACK TIE night
2) keep the disco open EVERY NIGHT
3) provide resort INCENTIVES to encourage theme night participation - DO NOT PROHIBIT PEOPLE FROM ENTERING THE DISCO!!!!

I would like to hear back from you on these issues BEFORE we book our next trip. I look forward to your timely response.
Omahacouple
Desire Devotee

Postby landedesire » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:41 pm

I totally agree with everything being said. And, I have to admit that when I first read it I wasn't even thinking about access to the playroom and some other valid points that have been brought up already. I hope that Desire has a plan to address these concerns. However, we will be there from 7/25 to 8/1, so I assume that the changes will not affect us. I will be sure to post a trip report upon arrival back to the states for any updates....
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Pimp and Ho

Postby Darcy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:14 pm

We too are very discouraged at the changes in theme nights. Damn it, I am going to be a whore for a night! I also resent not being allowed in the disco if we do not have the proper attire. The super hero night sounds rather childish and not very sexy. Hell, I might be a whore every night LOL. Desire is special to us because it has always been an "optional" resort. Whatever I feel like wearing....I wear..or not wear. Hopefully this will be changed by Sept. 1st.
Darcy
Desire Fan

Postby coco » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:24 pm

What is the email for Mia? I would like to share my opinion of the new themes and closing of the disco too.
coco
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Mia Skoglund
guestservice@desireresorts.com
Guest Service Manager
Desire Resort & Spa
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby rtex » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks for posting the email. I just sent our feedback and respectively requested that the changes not take place on August 3rd but be pushed back until at least October.

Does anyone know when they actually first introduced these changes? The first I had heard about any of the changes was this week or maybe late last week. Seems like a short notification time period if they want these to start 8/3.
rtex
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 pm

It's interesting that Mia and Desire hotel know where to find this forum. I wonder why they haven't posted the info here yet. Mia posted a thread about the Tantric Week that was / is going to happen. Why not post changes to the themes nights and get some feed-back before they are "set in stone" (which I don't think they are, yet)?

Mia, where are you?

My gosh, who knew changes to the theme nights would get so many peoples' knickers in a knot!

I'm pretty sure this group of Desire folks has enough imagination to come up with some interesting and sexy costumes for what ever theme Desire throws at them.
miranda
Desire Legend

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya