The New Theme Night Rules at DESIRE - POLL Attached

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Postby NebraskaCouple » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 pm

We did get a courteous response to our e-mail, and it looks like they tried to address some of the concerns all of us had. However, the superhero's night remains, which we recommended against. Oh well, at least they added a "leather" night (yummy), and then there's lingerie night (yippee). Wife already has a good idea for black tie & heels night that will make that one work just fine.

We think this is much better than the last version, but could still use some improvement. Nonetheless, we will pack accordingly and make the best of it. Hopefully the disco will be full of cat women on superhero night, as we both think Halle Berry was very sexy as catwoman. Maybe she will be there in November. Just kidding.

I wonder what the "dress" is for the D.J. party? Is it anything goes or maybe that is a good night for body painting.

Some questions still remain, but it all depends on how many guests actually participate. We hope there is a high percentage in November.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Postby jerry88 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 pm

HOW ABOUT VAMPIRE NIGHT?
jerry88
Desire Convert

Postby rtex » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:38 am

So... We were looking at the new updated theme night listing last night trying to come up with ideas for what to wear. The changes aren't great but they are a little better. So now we have a few questions trying to clarify some other posts we've read...

First - just to confirm, they are closing the disco a few nights in the week???

Second - Black Tie, what are some suggestions on what to wear? Can't imagine wearing, or even packing, a suit for this. The way it reads it sounds like the resort wants this to be some type of formal night. Not sure if just showing up with nothing but a tie would go over well... could be wrong.

Third - Jeans night, we were thinking that some sexy jean lingerie for her would work. Thoughts???
rtex
Desire Fan

Postby shelly67 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:56 am

I'm sure someone else will confirm but it looks to us as though the disco is just closing on the one night.

As we'd already bought all our outfits before they changed the theme nights, we are having to employ a little lateral thinking to try and get some of our existing outfits to fit the themes we originally bought them for. We bought sexy and funny pilot outfits for costume night - his just happens to have a black tie and mine very high heels and we intend to try and get away with these. Plus (we will be there for almost two weeks) he also has a collar and cuffs black tie stripper set which he used to wear for the old GQ night so figure that would fit the theme too with just some black boxers but, whichever he wears, there's no way he'd be packing or considering wearing "proper" formal attire and I don't think anyone else would - it's hard enough having to put any clothes on at all in the evening!

We also already had white outfits for white night so we will wear these for jeans and sexy white night but am sure that demin underwear would be very well received!

I would suggest that we all try to have as much fun with the new themes as we can and not worry about taking them too literally as some of them (e.g. superhero night) really don't lend themselves very well to too much variety and it would be sooo boring if everyone dressed the same.
shelly67
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 02 May 2013

Postby NebraskaCouple » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Black tie and heels night = Nothing should keep the females from wearing a black tie around their neck with high heels and anything else they want to or don't want to wear in between. Now that we think about it, that night could end up very sexy.

We don't think the resort necessarily wants to make this all that formal. They are just thinking outside the box.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

Postby miranda » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:33 pm

NebraskaCouple wrote:Black tie and heels night = Nothing should keep the females from wearing a black tie around their neck with high heels and anything else they want to or don't want to wear in between. Now that we think about it, that night could end up very sexy.

We don't think the resort necessarily wants to make this all that formal. They are just thinking outside the box.

Although they can fore-go the heels, perhaps the men could also just wear a black tie around their neck?

Just thinking "outside the box".
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby landedesire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:57 am

Miranda, that is what I thought of immediately when I read "black tie and heels night". Just a HINT of a tie, or something in the black tie formal line, but never did I think of a full suit or tux. I think that was a case of "losing the meaning in translation"! We are leaving tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. for Desire. Funny thing, with all the talk of theme nights on this board and others, my husband kept talking about "super heroes" night. And, I had to keep reminding him that we are leaving on the 1st and our theme nights haven't changed!!! :roll: Cheers!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 am

Have a great trip! We will look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. LOL!
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby landedesire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:39 am

will do!!!! Last time we were only there for 4 nights and we were only supposed to stay 1 night as a side trip from our vanilla hotel to try it out, as I had never been nude anywhere public before. Well....we woke up the next day after our first night and I said, "honey....we can't leave, please can we stay?". Anyway, the rest is history and we only went back to our Cancun Hotel Zone condo to pack!!!! So....this is such a treat.
Laura (and Eric)
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby oldseadog » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Miranda,
I wouldn't be wearing the black tie around my neck.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby miranda » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:51 pm

oldseadog wrote:Miranda,
I wouldn't be wearing the black tie around my neck.

That's thinking outside the box, "oldseadog".

Are you thinking about wearing it around your waist, or your arm, leg or ankle?

Or maybe some other appendage? lol! :wink:

But I kind of like the Chippendales male dancer look, too. I love spandex on a man.

Just spare me the cheesey men's thong that looks like a "tux":(

Got a trip planned, "oldseadog"?
miranda
Desire Legend

The New Theme Night at DESIRE

Postby Sharon and David » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

We believe that the appendage that the tie should be around is the one that has the most fun at Desire. :twisted: It does sound alot like GQ night only they want the men to dress up too. My man is not a fan of formal wear,IT IS HOT IN CANCUN, he wants to chill out! : :evil: : We are so looking forward to our 4th trip to Desire Nov.22 to 29th. We just know that it will be the same wonderful place it has been. :) :)
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby oldseadog » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:15 pm

As I read the new themes, the disco is shut Tuesday and Thursday. However, presumably you can attend the parties at the Melange Lounge nude if you want.
Certainly, Jeans on Tuesday seem silly, and Superhero on Sunday is confusing. What/who is a Superhero? James Bond? (At least I could do the accent.) George Washington? Red Cloud? Joan of Arc? Doris Day? Tarzan and Jane? Supertourist? But the biggest problem I would have on Sunday would be the photographs. This should be an absolute no-no. I don't care how much they insist that all photos will be deleted, it will be a great temptation to a member of staff, who is perhaps under financial pressure at home, to try to save some images and to try to sell them outside the resort.

So my tuppence worth says scrap Jeans night and Superhero night and re-instate a couple of the old themes. I guess we could come to terms with the rest of the week.

I hope that the guest DJs on Thursdays know what they are letting themselves in for, though.
I wonder how much they will be prepared to pay to get a gig.

And one final thought; if there is going to be more entertainment and dancing on the stone slabs between the Lobby Bar and the Melange Lounge they are going to have to do something to make the ground less slippery - that area is lethal when it is wet and we all know that it does rain from time to time at Desire.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby miranda » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:40 pm

My thinking about the jeans night would be translated into, perhaps, a western theme night (which has been done before). Short denim skirts for the gals but I'm not all that keen on seeing guys in jeans - not sexy at all! That night will be our own theme, we'll just dress sexy for each other. The jeans will be staying home.

As for superheros - YOU become the superhero, whatever that may be. Super-Dong, Wonder-Pussy (dress up like a sexy kitty), etc.

C'mon boys and girls - we can use our imaginations and come up with some great costumes. How about a jungle superhero - Will you pet my monkey?
miranda
Desire Legend

Super Hero SLUT

Postby Darcy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Miranda, I have also given this more thought. My superhero is Pretty Woman. OK, I will get to be a superhero slut :lol: My short vinyl skirt and boots will get worn that night!!! For high heels and black tie night I will wear one heck of an outfit with the heels that I cannot walk in. My husband will need to carry me up the stairs LOL. He will wear silk boxers and a bow tie. Yes, we shall use our "Desire imaginations". Yet, for the jeans night, I am still confused. I might just ignore that theme. I think you might be correct in that it is a "western" theme. We shall be there five weeks from today!
D
Darcy
Desire Fan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya