What to wear?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

What to wear?

Postby jpman42 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:45 am

What do most of you wear or plan to wear? Where do you buy it? Where do get the designs if you make it? How do me dress? What about heavier people? In the restaurant or by the pool?
jpman42
Desire Convert

Postby anksewv » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 pm

For most of the day we are naked, laying by the pool or on the beach....To go eat, the guys are in shorts and a tshirt, the girls in shorts or a sarong, and a top.....At night Karen would wear one of her super sexy outfits with the 5'' heels, but that was just for a few hours till we were naked again in the hot tub...Most of her outfits came from wicked temptations or 3 wishes lingerie.......mmmm can't wait to get back
We are anksewv on SLS and AFF. Hope to hear from you
anksewv
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS AFF

Postby NebraskaCouple » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 am

Most of your daytime hours are spent naked or with swimwear on (for volleyball or eating, or a walk down the beach). In the evening, guys dress casual, but sharp. Don't wear an old shirt and wrinkled shorts to dinner. The females dress elegantly or sexy dor dinner. After dinner, some people stay in their dinner wear, and others take it up another notch of sexiness or downright naughtiness. This gets you to the entertainment and disco part of the night. After that is over, you are either in the throws of passion or relaxing in the jaccuzi which means you are naked again.

Guys: One or two pairs of slacks and a handfull of nice shirts handles your nighttime activities. A pair of dress shoes may be necessary in case you want to eat in a formal dining situation during the week. Otherwise a nice pair of sandals will handle the whole week.

Ladies: It seems that one rule of thumb is that you think of the most forbidden thing you could ever imagine wearing in your bedroom, then you kick it up a notch and bring the next level of naughtiness with you for each evening. We recommend you splurge on a few things and with other items of clothing, you can be a little thrifty or do some home alterations to tweak them a little.

Shopping on the internet seems to be the best option, as you can do so without running into your boss or cousin in the "toys" section.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

Naughty mens

Postby jpman42 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:44 am

Do men wear regular swim suits or is it ok for the men to get naughty in that area too?
jpman42
Desire Convert

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:56 pm

to answer your questions regarding what men wear to the pool/beach....either nothing, regular swim suits, speedos, tight shorts, etc...! My point is wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing....no rules other than having fun!

Go and enjoy!

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Thank you.

Postby jpman42 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Thank you.
jpman42
Desire Convert

Re: Naughty mens

Postby miranda » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 pm

jpman42 wrote:Do men wear regular swim suits or is it ok for the men to get naughty in that area too?

"He" always wears something way skimpier than "regular swim suits"", even when we travel on "vanilla" vacations. We love to see the reactions we get when we walk down the beaches in our thongs.

We have seen waaay too many men in "regular swim suits" at "adult" resorts. Why don't more men wear something sexy (speedos, thongs, etc) as their choice of swimwear?

The "naughtier" the better! What did you have in mind as "naughty" swimwear? :wink:
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby happycuple » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:19 pm

miranda wrote: Why don't more men wear something sexy (speedos, thongs, etc) as their choice of swimwear?

Miranda,

Do you really find speedo's or thongs on the beach sexy ??

If so you went to a different "school" than my wife and her crew.

Either "nothing at all" or a great pair of board shorts (think surfer Kelly Slater) is what she says is "sexy" beach wear.
happycuple
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:50 am

Actually, yes I do find skimpier beach wear sexier than board shorts.

Seeing my man in tight lycra, whether it's a speedo, swim briefs or a thong just turns me on.

What is sexy about board shorts, or "longs" as we call them?

And I am well aware that I don't "follow the crowd" in my taste of what I find sexy and appealing on men (or women, for that matter).

To each their own and that's why there are so many choices out there - there is something for everyone.

Oh, and who is Kelly Slater??????
miranda
Desire Legend

I am glad there is some contravercy.

Postby jpman42 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:32 am

On our trip I plan to bring a pair of Ed Hardy board shorts that are very tight at the crotch and you can see how happy I am. My wife wants me to bring something skimpy. So I will work out and see If I can get my body to a point at least some of the women will enjoy seeing me in a barly there square cut or thong. Wish me luck. :oops:
jpman42
Desire Convert

Postby TwoDV8s » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 pm

miranda wrote: Why don't more men wear something sexy (speedos, thongs, etc) as their choice of swimwear?

I'm 58 years old, 5'11", 220 pounds...trust me, I look a lot better nude than I ever would in a thong or a speedo.. :lol:

So guys, please, if your old, short and round like me leave the thong in the room. :roll:

As a side note.. we were at Desire a few weeks ago and for the first time in 6 visits it seemed that a lot of guests, both male and female, wore suits at the pool all day. I'd guess 50 percent. No big deal to us; it was just very noticable compared to prior visits.
TwoDV8s
Desire Lover

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:27 pm

This is definitely an "each to his/her own" issue. Personally, I agree with TwoDV8s, but would extend my recommendation about leaving the thong (and the speedo) in the room to include ALL the guys, no matter what the body type. Hub has an awesome body and I still think he's far sexier in shorts. If your woman likes it, hey, wear the thong, but just know that the vast majority of women these days do NOT want to see your package through your swimsuit! Maybe it's a double standard, but women look beautiful in skimpy things and men--well, not so much.
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Postby happycuple » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:57 am

Whoneedssunscreencpl wrote: but women look beautiful in skimpy things and men--well, not so much.

More proof that God was a man . . .

He obviously spent a lot of time on the female form, so much so that when he got around to the man's he just "threw something together" . . .
happycuple
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Well, I'm guessing you all will be able to 'pick us out of the crowd', so to speak cuz the thongs won't be left in the room. Come and talk to us - we won't bite (too hard - lol )

The body is a beautiful thing - both male and female, all shapes and sizes - and life is way too short to worry about what others think about us and what we wear, in and out of the rooms.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. :lol:
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Amen Miranda! Life is too short indeed.

As I noted above in my post, wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing, who cares.....please yourself and your spouse! For those that don't like, just don't look then....pretty damn simple.

I for one wear board shorts and occasionally will put some tight lycra football square cut shorts (depending if I ate too much for breakfast...LOL) but in the end, if my wife suggests I wear it for her then guess what, I will wear it with pleasure!

Desire is all about doing,.....well what you desire to do, it's that freedom that makes this place incredible! By the way, I've seen many of women wearing suits that I personally don't care seeing but again, who cares. Good for them that they are confident enough to parade around in them. I guess I'll catch slack for that comment but oh well, it was to prove a point.

Like Miranda, I think the human body is a beautiful thing and WE ARE ALL THERE TO HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!!!

Go and enjoy wearing what you please!

Eddie
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya