What to wear?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

again, please . . . what are guys wearing!?

Postby marley » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 pm

RE: "Guys: One or two pairs of slacks and a handfull of nice shirts handles your nighttime activities. A pair of dress shoes may be necessary in case you want to eat in a formal dining situation during the week. Otherwise a nice pair of sandals will handle the whole week. "

Ok -- I don't mean to be obtuse here, but as first timers going in about 10 days, I want to ask again. She: has gone out an purchased several amazing outfits, and I'm supposed to show up along side of her in . . . khakis and a dress shirt?!

I really haven't seen enough specifics about what the guys are wearing in the disco, at supper, etc. I have no problem with the no-clothes option during the day, but I would appreciate any other ideas of what other guys are wearing to accompany their ladies who have put a lot of time and effort into looking their best -- both for the disco, the theme nights, etc -- i.e., more dress ideas for the guys please.

thx, dirk.
marley
Desire Convert

menswear

Postby jimmyd » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:21 am

Dirk, I understand your questions and thought I would throw in what I observed. Most guys were wearing dress jeans, dress slacks or khakis paired with a nice button down or golf shirt. Some of the older guys were wearing their floral, Hawaii type shirts. Wear whatever you would wear if you were taking your lady out for a nice dinner and or clubbing. Most of the guys when we went did not dress in theme but stuck with what they had been wearing for dinner and drinks earlier in the evening while the women go back to the room and wear the skimpiest, sexiest outfits they can find for dinner and the disco. There were some guys that did dress in theme but they seemed to be in the minority other than for Eyes Wide Shut where many guys were wearing the cloak, etc. I will admit you could probably score major points with your lady by having the narls to wear something sexy but most of the guys don't. With all of that being said, it really is true what you read on this forum that you could wear anything you wanted and no one would care. It is very non judgmental at the whole resort which is what I found really liberating. Almost everyone was very friendly and kind regardless of body type, flaws, etc. :wink:
jimmyd
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:45 am

dirk - I think I like your style! :lol:

Wear what you want to wear - dress to impress is the best - and have a great time!

Dress jeans? Yee-gads! :roll:

Come back and give a trip report - especially from a couple of first-timers!
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby tout.prest » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Dirk,

As Miranda stated... Dress to impress.

I always try to wear an outfit that compliments what my wife is wearing. I know that the attention will and should be paid to what she is wearing but At least I want to look like I belong with her. lol :lol:

We have seen so many guys that wear the old golf shirt and tattered sandals to the white restaurant, and we never understand what they were thinking when they chose it. :?

It is true that not many guys get into theme nights, or at least not like the women do, but you should still try to look good anyway. You will stand out from the crowd and get waaay more attention from your woman , and other women as well (if thats your thing). :wink:

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby NebraskaCouple » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:26 am

Bump
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Postby Shipwreck624 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:48 am

We just got back: My husband wore nice linen or cotton pants and a loose shirt in the Charlie Sheen style to dinner every night, but here's something good to note - there WERE guys in shorts at dinner even though everyone says you must wear pants. I don't know if the resort just didn't enforce it because it was emptier than usual at the time. He was perturbed by that just because he hadn't even brought any shorts based on trip reports and reading the rules.

He did dress in theme three nights - Eyes Wide Shut (cloak and small boxers), Leather (very tight leather shorts and a robe) and PJs/Lingerie (black pajamas). I can say I LOVED that he did that and he was a hit. Some guys did and some did not; I say why the heck not? Have some fun with the themes!
Shipwreck624

Postby Powderfinger » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Shipwreck, we were told when we checked in (on 9/25), that the dress code had been changed, and that dress shorts were now allowed in all restaurants, so thats a contributing factor in why y'all saw guys in shorts.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

What to wear?

Postby Darcy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:27 pm

That is always a dilemma for me as I packed 100 pounds of luggage last trip! It is so much fun to wear those clothes that you never get to wear in the "real" world and then take them off as you please. Life is indeed good at Desire. :)
Darcy
Desire Fan

Postby Sharon and David » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:15 pm

what ever is good ...is Desire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby lynn2007 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah I packed more clothes than the wife. We were there in July
lynn2007
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 19 Jul 2016

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya