Trip Report Shortage

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Trip Report Shortage

Postby Yankeefan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:50 pm

The old Desire forum was full of fantastic trip reports almost daily. Is the lack of t/r due to the resort "getting old" and frequented by repeat visitors?
Has the resort reached its peak with regard to folks who just go for "nude vacations"?
In the beginning, the place was "wildly sedate" during the daytime and "out of control sexy" at night. It just seems like the place doesn't have the same "ooommph" as it used to. (non lifestyle weeks).

Thoughts?

YF (7 game lead, not to rub it in)
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby happycuple » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, we will going for our first trip in October and we will absolutely be posting a trip report when we get home. We are going with the week43 group and from what I can tell there are quite a number of first timers going as well.

T&L
happycuple
Desire Fan

Postby mfay » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Yankee- great topic ! As one of the moderators of this forum it is something that has been of interest to me, and something that Coke and I have talked about.
So I'll share some of my opinions.
I really don't think that the resort is any less wild than it ever was. I mean, we have been there 15 times now with #16 coming in a couple weeks. We certainly do things at Desire now that we did not at the beginning, although there are other things that we might have been more likely to do our first couple trips that we don't do now. In the beginning we might have been more likely to do things in various places all over the resort because it was all new- where today we might take those things to the hot tub beds instead for comfort -so we might be a little less spontaneous(although on second thought some friends from our last trip might disagree). And we think it's probably that way for a lot of repeaters. On our first (and last) trip to Desire Cabo this past January we "had to" do the deed in the hallway outside the disco- just because we hadn't before- lol.
Anyway , varying according to the crowd, overall we find to desire to be just as crazy as ever.
I do think it's very true though that repeaters are much less likely to post a trip report than newbies. My totally unscientific guess would be that a newbie is 10 times more likely to post a trip report than a repeater, and with each trip a couple takes it becomes less likely they will do a report. That first trip is often a "life altering event" that people can't wait to tell someone about ! Since Desire is running at a rate of about 55% repeaters now on any given week that certainly is going to have some effect.
What makes that effect so much worse for this forum is that we really get very few of that other 45% of the guests who are newbies registered here on the forum before their first trip. Most forum members didn't hear about the forum till after their first trip. Unfortunately- there are really not a lot of ways to let newbies know about the forum. With the old forum, obviously newbies logged into the resort's website once they booked and found the link to the forum. We don't have that advantage- and as much as we would like to see it, I doubt Desire will post a link to this forum on their site anytime soon. (If you are reading this Desire management- we really would appreciate it though !)
We have seen that a lot of the limited numbers of first timers who are active in the forum do post a trip report after they get home. I guess all we can do is try to come up with more ways to let newbies know about the forum - while encouraging more of the veterans to take the time to share their favorite moments from their recent trips too.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Island Dreamer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:39 pm

We are newbies and just posted a T.R. Not if but when we go back we will post another T.R.
Island Dreamer
Desire Fan

Postby rtex » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:19 am

Just got back from our 2nd trip and we'll be posting a T.R. soon. Our first time at Desire was right before the Hurricane so we have some observations about the differences, plus the changes in Theme nights and other elements...
rtex
Desire Fan

Postby rtex » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:30 pm

TR just posted in that section...
rtex
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya