Desire Beach Traffic - Vanilla Visitors?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:19 pm

The wife and I usually tolerate "looky loos"/gawkers pretty well. If people want to look at my lovely better half, so be it. Occasionally at someplace like a topless pool in Vegas however, it can get a little annoying. We have heard that not too many gawkers walk through the Desire beach. Maybe only a few over the course of the day. We have also heard that there is a "vanilla" resort only a couple of minutes away by foot. It really doesn't matter much to us. Heck, sometimes it can be a little bit of a turn on when men are loving to look at the wife. Plus, we will spend most of our time at the pool and will probably only intermittently go down to the beach to play naked volleyball and jump in the ocean, etc.

However, we're just curious. What has been other people's experience as far as gawkers are concerned? Is security pretty good about shooing them away? Our only other Desire experience was in Cabo and the guests could not go naked on the beach there. Also, we are assuming that the wife can not walk topless on the beach in Cancun once she is off the Desire grounds. Is that true? Even if she can't, we'll find something very sexy for her to wear.

Thanks!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Last winter, we found there to be a pretty steady stream of beachwalkers, a big increase over the previous year.....and within that stream several groups of people daily that would pass by multiple times. Security won't let anyone stop and hang out, but they can't prevent them from walking through....a new resort opened to the south, the Secrets Silversands. Reading through trip reports for that resort, Desire is quite the topic of conversation at that resort, with walking the beach in front of the "nudey resort" being one of the things they all just have to do on their trip. Infortunately, at least during our last trip, this also included walking with their kids past Desire....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tout.prest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Agreed. Its the walking ,with the kids, that is a problem. :roll: The creep factor goes way up when they bring the kids.

In June, even though the area was still recovering from the swine flu thing, there was no shortage of "looky Loo"s" walking by. Not a big deal to us at all, but keep in mind that with all the new beds and loungers on the beach ,plus the eroding beach itself, and those gawkers are getting pretty dang close ! :shock:

Security does do quite a good job of looking for the Desire bracelets and keeping those without them from sticking around too long.

From what we have been told, it is ill advised to leave the resort area topless. Azul to the north is less than a 2 minute walk away. Just past the property that Desire recently purchased.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:40 pm

That does sound kind of creepy with the kids. It also sounds a little disappointing but not overly so, as it is usually pretty easy to just ignore the "looky loos", and we spend most of our time at the pool during the day anyway. It is nice to know generally what to expect in advance.

Thanks!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:57 pm

By the way, I posted the same question on the Denny P Travel message board regarding Desire. People said security was pretty good at moving people along. One person wrote:

"We were at Desire last month and noticed more people walking the beach than we have in the past 5 years. I would not call them looky loos or gawkers though, most seemed to pick up thier pace when they noticed the nudity. Security will move them along if they try to linger. We did see one group of about a dozen women that did an abrupt about face when they reached the volleyball net and looked up at the pool area, kinda funny actualy."

"Correct, you can't be topless on the beach past Desire. "

"They were preparing the lot behind the pool bar for construction when we were there. I assume another resort will be built there. If so there will probably be more strolling the beach in the future."
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Postby SushiGirl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Lots of strollers when we were there in early July, and like it was said, they walk by 3 or 4 times each...men, couples, entire families, some couple with a stroller/toddler.

What irritated me was one apparently very friendly guy staying at Desire kept stopping groups of people & blocking their way to chat them up, so they're just standing on the beach in front of the beds while he tries to talk them into getting a drink at the beach bar. The situation that irked me the most was when he stopped a man, his pregnant wife, and their 13 y/o son, and chatted them up right in front of the beach bar (we were in the bed next to it) and right in front of security...who did nothing...
SushiGirl
Desire Fan

Postby dnk2desire » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 pm

SushiGirl,

Wow...I am amazed that a Desire guest would be chatting it up with passersby on the beach!!! ...and with a teenager in tow!!!! A tad extroverted I would guess!! I mean...I totally understand the public beach thing, but think its best that the people walking by are left to get to where they're going without any unnecessary stops on the Desire property!!!! We would have been peeved too!!!!

D&K

Counting down the days!!! We'll be there partyin' 10/3-10/10!!!!

If you're heading to paradise in October, check out our yahoo group and post a message and some pics:
groups.yahoo.com/group/DesireOctober09
Desire RM 08,10,14
Hedo2 II 13,15,16,18,19
Desire Pearl 12,14
Grand Miches 23
dnk2desire
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2023

Beach Traffic - Vanilla Visitors?

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Now THAT guy sounds incredibly annoying. Sounds like We'll just take a quick swim or two and maybe even not play beach volleyball if there is that much traffic!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Postby rtex » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:24 am

We just returned on the 18th and I would say that the beach traffic has greatly increased. Only one group of overt gawkers, teenage boys, and security was good at making them move along. People have to see the sign on the fence before they walk down that beach so they should know what to expect once they cross that line. But I would say we had more fun watching their expressions than they probably had checking us out.
rtex
Desire Fan

Postby landedesire » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:08 pm

I would say that there is a some what steady stream of beach walkers. We were there in late July/early Aug. Most people just walk and take little peaks here and there. Mostly, i think people are just curious and we were always having such blast with the groups we hung out with I think many of them were thinking, "wow, looks like they are having the time of their lives"!!!! :D I didn't let it bother me in the least, even when a family did walk by. We need to remember in many parts of the world, nudity is not a big deal, even to children!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

I don't plan to let any of the peeking bother me.

Postby jpman42 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:38 pm

I don't plan to let any of the peekers change my behavior. If they want to look, more power too them. I might limit my sexual activities on the beach to keep the resort out of hot water but I say let them look. If they like what they see, maybe they will be smart enough to go to the right resort next time and lot have to be limited by a few brief glances. I will not hurt there fun if they don't hurt mine. And honestly having them look only encourages me. 8)
jpman42
Desire Convert

Vanilla Visitors?

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:21 am

Exactly! Our behavior won't be changed one bit!!!!!!!!! Less than one week to go!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya