Wetting the appetite?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Wetting the appetite?

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:31 am

Floridagirl29 wrote:Here's an idea. "Forget" your passports in the safe and don't say a word until you get to the security line. Then do your best "OMG I can't believe we forgot our passports", leave your friends at the airport, and voila. You can say later that the car broke down on the way back and you decided to stay for a couple more days for some romantic alone time.

Winner! :bj See, all it takes is a little creative thinking, where there is a well there is a way.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby werfun » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:24 pm

You stated that the other couple is paying the airfare or are they paying for the whole trip. Couples that don't have children don't understand how hard it is for parents to get time alone. Just be honest with them with a few fibs thrown in. Tell the that you can get a couple extra days off and that the two of you were thinking since you are all ready in Cancun of taking a couple break, just the two of you. You don't have to say where you are going to stay if pushed into saying where just tell them Breathless as it is an adult only resort and that you need to get away from children for a short time to recharge yourself before returning to the real world. Since they have no set time for them to return home they may offer to stay with you, just tell them that it needs to be just the two of you to reconnect with each other. They may not understand and remind you that they paid for the trip every time they see you.
By the way you will reconnect with each other at Desire. You can't please everyone so don't beat yourself up trying to make everyone happy just make yourself and your SO happy and life will be much better. Good luck in what ever you decide and if you manage to get to Desire you will fall in love with each other again and fall in love with Desire and the great Desire vibe and the people that you meet there and will try plan a return trip as soon as youcan
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:19 pm

werfun wrote:By the way you will reconnect with each other at Desire. You can't please everyone so don't beat yourself up trying to make everyone happy just make yourself and your SO happy and life will be much better. Good luck in what ever you decide and if you manage to get to Desire you will fall in love with each other again and fall in love with Desire and the great Desire vibe and the people that you meet there and will try plan a return trip as soon as youcan

Every word of this is soooo true.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby MachineWorks » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:02 am

werfun wrote:You stated that the other couple is paying the airfare or are they paying for the whole trip. Couples that don't have children don't understand how hard it is for parents to get time alone. Just be honest with them with a few fibs thrown in. Tell the that you can get a couple extra days off and that the two of you were thinking since you are all ready in Cancun of taking a couple break, just the two of you. You don't have to say where you are going to stay if pushed into saying where just tell them Breathless as it is an adult only resort and that you need to get away from children for a short time to recharge yourself before returning to the real world.

We did discuss this option, and we've really mulled over about every possible scenario where we could make it work. We discussed forgoing having them pay for the flight, just so we could take a few extra days to ourselves without feeling like we're taking advantage. We did slightly consider "forgetting" our passports at the resort :D but everything seems to come with other obstacles. I believe that we've settled on making our "vanilla" vacation the best vanilla vacation it can be, and moving some other things around to make it to Desire much sooner than we originally thought. We'll still stroll down the beach to catch a glimpse of the Desire resort. I'm sure the tease of it will drive us crazy, but maybe that in itself will be fun.

We've enjoyed reading everyone's ideas for how to make it work sooner. This community of people seem so welcoming and open, it's nice having so many people trying to help us problem solve. Thanks for all the responses!
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby MachineWorks » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Soooo...

My wife and I just returned from our vanilla trip to Mexico. It was an awesome trip. Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who's in a similar situation.

Our "vanilla" friends did learn about our interest in Desire before we left for vacation. They were pretty curious themselves, but maybe not to the point of actually wanting to go. However, they did know that if we headed South to Puerto Morelos, we'd pass Pearl, as opposed to heading North only to see DRM with no other destination in mind.

We did take a bike tour into town, and rode right past the front of Pearl. As we passed, the guide pointed towards it and said something that I couldn't make out. Later was told by my wife that he said "they want you to come in there". Not 100 % sure what he was meaning, but it was humorous none the less.

Next day.

It was pretty early in the day as we made our way down the beach towards town. As we were passing some of the beach condos, and other resorts, one stood out, with a lot of beautiful plants and surrounding trees. There wasn't a soul on the beach, a bunch of empty loungers and beds. We saw a worker and I went to ask him which resort it was, I noticed his shirt said Desire, but I'd already begun my question so I went ahead and asked. He told me "Desire", and then proceeded to smile and say "It's a nude resort." I played kinda dumb and just said "oh yeah?" Then with his continued smile said, "swinger resort". We told him it was beautiful and continued in to town.

On the way back by to our resort, we saw two people out lounging on the chairs in the glorious nude. I hope they had a great vacation, it certainly looked relaxing. We didn't linger and made our way back to our resort. I was a little envious and definitely wanted to peek behind the curtain.

We still don't know when we'll finally make the trip, it seems something continues to change our plans. March of next year was the plan a few months ago. Then it moved to maybe June, now it's possible it's not for another two years. Money and time I guess. Until then, I hope everyone else is enjoying the resort, it definitely looked like a paradise.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby TandD » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:48 pm

I'm really glad you posted this follow-up.

I'm also glad you had a great vacation even if it was vanilla. You seem like the kind of person (people) who can roll with life's little challenges and still stay positive so hats off for that.

I hope you get to Desire someday and I hope you come back here and tell us what you thought.

Cheers!
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:54 pm

So tantalizingly close, I hope your plans change in the opposite direction.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby msforfun » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 am

when we were there in May there was a couple that everyday would come from another resort along the beach - bring a towel & lay out in the sun naked on their towel next to the lounger

there was no problems from security & a few guest's started chatting with them - but security did keep a very close eye on them - at the end of the day its a public beach as long as you dont touch any desire property you will be fine

we did see one cpl come along strip down & put their clothes on a lounger while they went for a swim - Security were not happy at all & they had to put their clothes no the sand while swimming - no big deal

I say come and join us on the beach - much better than the mercat's that walk past
msforfun
Desire Fan

We are from: New Zealand
We arrive on: 07 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby MachineWorks » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 am

msforfun wrote:when we were there in May there was a couple that everyday would come from another resort along the beach - bring a towel & lay out in the sun naked on their towel next to the lounger

there was no problems from security & a few guest's started chatting with them - but security did keep a very close eye on them - at the end of the day its a public beach as long as you dont touch any desire property you will be fine

we did see one cpl come along strip down & put their clothes on a lounger while they went for a swim - Security were not happy at all & they had to put their clothes no the sand while swimming - no big deal

I say come and join us on the beach - much better than the mercat's that walk past

We did talk about it! I wish we would have. We discussed coming down to "frolic" in the ocean. It's just one of those things, you don't want to get there, start to undress and enjoy yourself and then have someone from the resort come tell you to beat it. Or just as bad, have someone feel like you're not supposed to be there and you're invading their privacy...we never want to emit "bad form".
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:13 pm

We took our "vanilla" friends to Desire, although they spent the first two nights at the resort next door. Once they got to Desire, they said, and still say they'd never go anywhere else in Cancun. It was a bit of a gamble because we do business together, but we've become closer friends now, and do more "open minded" activities together. But each must weigh their own circumstances.
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby MachineWorks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:We took our "vanilla" friends to Desire, although they spent the first two nights at the resort next door. Once they got to Desire, they said, and still say they'd never go anywhere else in Cancun. It was a bit of a gamble because we do business together, but we've become closer friends now, and do more "open minded" activities together. But each must weigh their own circumstances.

Sure, that makes sense. I dunno that our friends wouldn't consider Desire under the right circumstances. Maybe not with us...

Additionally, I think it would be difficult for us to completely let loose, knowing we had friends from home hanging out at Desire too. It's one thing to get a little wild around people you'll not see during everyday life, but I think it could be difficult with your everyday friends around. Did you guys experience any hesitation with your friends around?

It's not that they'd judge, or even that we wouldn't share stories of our adventure with them, but I could imagine being reluctant to fully experience the trip.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:50 pm

I love doing this with strangers, would not like it at all with those I already know (unless of course we met them previously at Desire or similar)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Calicouple69 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:44 pm

To answer your question? NO. We had no hesitation at all. It took them a couple hours to get completely nude, but by nightfall? We were actually a bit surprised at how well THEY fit in! They actually surprised us by how outgoing and adventurous THEY were. As I said earlier, they are business associates, but it hasn't changed that relationship at all. What DID change is that we have become closer friends....... ;)
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya