Wetting the appetite?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Wetting the appetite?

Postby MachineWorks » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:27 pm

My wife and I are extremely excited to visit Desire for the first time. We've never been to a C/O resort, we are fairly adventurous compared to most of our friends, and while not in the lifestyle, we are open minded about new experiences under the right circumstances.

In August of next year we are vacationing with another couple at a resort just down the beach from Desire but would really like to see more of the Desire resort. My wife asked me if we could cancel with our friends, and instead take our first trip to Desire, just the two of us. She has become very excited about the possibilities at Desire and is anxious to book our first trip. We have a 9 year old son and won't be able to book trips too close together, so this trip we have planned with our friends puts our first Desire experience at potentially two years out. It's not an option to actually cancel with our more "vanilla" friends and we know we will have fun with them, my wife however is concerned that she'll just be wishing she could be naked at Desire the whole time we're there.

What I'm wondering about, (I know they do not have day passes) is how open is the beach at Desire. Could we potentially walk to the Desire beach, enjoy the nude beach area, at least get a view of the resort itself to sort of wet the appetite for the time being? We do not wish to intrude on anyone or their privacy and completely understand the "no day pass" rule. We are just hoping to grab a little taste while so close.

Any tips or answers are appreciated.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Re: Wetting the appetite?

Postby TandD » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:51 pm

The beach is public so there is nothing preventing you from going there. I don't think you could use the loungers but there's nothing stopping you from taking a towel and stripping down and chilling at the beach - I think.

I think the only conclusion about Desire you would be able to draw is that it's a nice place and not full of "scary swingers having orgies out in the open". In other words, it could allay any fears you might have but you are not going to get the Desire vibe that you really only get when you can interact with the people.

I know it might be the best that you can do at this point so I'm not saying don't do it, just don't draw too many conclusions from a peek in from the beach.

You are in a pickle frankly. This is going to gnaw on you constantly. You are going to have to find a way to scratch this itch! :D

Good luck!
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:53 pm

You should try to find a way to book at least a few nights, I'm certain you won't regret it. Only being on the fringes at the beach would be more like torture to me, most of the fun isn't happening on the beach.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby sonomapair » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 pm

I was going to suggest the same thing. Say you're totally looking forward to spending time with your friends...but decided to book a couple extra nights as a couple. You don't have to mention where you're staying. :-)
No longer Desire rookies! Second trip planned for 11/11/17 with Wegottathing and their podcaster and listener friends!!
sonomapair
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:21 pm

It's not an option to actually cancel with our more "vanilla" friends and we know we will have fun with them, my wife however is concerned that she'll just be wishing she could be naked at Desire the whole time we're there.

You can pretty much count on that. The fever will only get worse :D
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby CokeMann » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:39 pm

All beaches in Mexico are public (but only up to the high tide mark) so you could romp nude in the water in front of Desire but don't count on lying out on the beach, security WILL ask you almost immediately to please move along !

In all honesty simply being on the Desire beach is not in anyway representative of the Desire "vibe" so the suggestions below are the best possible solution.

Explorer79 wrote:You should try to find a way to book at least a few nights, I'm certain you won't regret it. Only being on the fringes at the beach would be more like torture to me, most of the fun isn't happening on the beach.
sonomapair wrote:I was going to suggest the same thing. Say you're totally looking forward to spending time with your friends...but decided to book a couple extra nights as a couple. You don't have to mention where you're staying. :-)

Finally I would suggest you book the extra night for the two of you after the vanilla vacation with your friends if you did the Desire nights before you would probably be a little disappointed with the vanilla part with your friends - lol
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:16 pm

CokeMann wrote:Finally I would suggest you book the extra night for the two of you after the vanilla vacation with your friends if you did the Desire nights before you would probably be a little disappointed with the vanilla part with your friends - lol

Ha, yeah that would certainly be tough.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby MachineWorks » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:57 pm

TandD wrote:
You are in a pickle frankly. This is going to gnaw on you constantly. You are going to have to find a way to scratch this itch! :D

A pickle is exactly what it is. Our friends are paying for our flight and additionally, they have no children to return home to. If we wanted to stay longer, they would definitely stay longer as well, so I can't seem to think of a plausible way to make more time for just the two of us. Ugh.

Oh well.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:33 pm

A pickle is exactly what it is. Our friends are paying for our flight and additionally, they have no children to return home to. If we wanted to stay longer, they would definitely stay longer as well, so I can't seem to think of a plausible way to make more time for just the two of us. Ugh.

Oh well.

Hmmmmm, maybe have them join you, maybe they aren't as vanilla as you think :D

Seriously though, flights can be changed. Since they are friends it would seem like any real friends would understand that you guys wanted a couple of days afterwards alone (doesn't take even a minute away from their time with you), I would pitch it as "we are going to stay a few days later just the two of us because since we have a 9 year old it would be a year at least before we would have this chance again and wanted to take the opportunity to spend some time as husband and wife, as parents you gotta take these opportunities when they arrive, you never know if or when they will come again."

It would seem very selfish and not understanding at all for someone to balk at that.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby TandD » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 pm

If they are paying for your flights, I agree, it would be awkward to change up the plans so you could have some alone time. It might seem like "Hey, thanks for flying us down here, now we are going to have our own little vacation without you."

Obviously, we don't know the dynamics involved but I could see how that could turn out badly.

Man, I feel for you. In a way, I'm kind of glad we didn't find out about this place until our kids were grown.

Except that damn, I wish we'd have done this sooner.

Is there any way you could broach the possibility, as others have suggested, of both of you going to Desire? Something like;

"Dude, you'll never guess what I found when I was googling places to go while we where there! There is a hotel that clothing optional! I showed it to Mary and, while I thought she would punch me, she actually said 'wow' and raised her eyebrows at it. I was surprised but she didn't seem weirded out about it. Have you guys ever thought about going someplace like that? I wonder what it's like?"

Only you know if you could have that kind of conversation with them of course but maybe there's a way?

I hope you can find a way.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby sonomapair » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:01 pm

TandD wrote:If they are paying for your flights, I agree, it would be awkward to change up the plans so you could have some alone time. It might seem like "Hey, thanks for flying us down here, now we are going to have our own little vacation without you."

Yep, you didn't mention you're their guests. You're stuck. But I'm not buying you can't escape the kids for 2 years to come back... :mrgreen:
No longer Desire rookies! Second trip planned for 11/11/17 with Wegottathing and their podcaster and listener friends!!
sonomapair
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:24 pm

Rereading the original post...

My wife asked me if we could cancel with our friends, and instead take our first trip to Desire, just the two of us. She has become very excited about the possibilities at Desire and is anxious to book our first trip

She wants to go, obviously, if she's even asking about cancelling with the friends. Who knows how she will feel in 2 years, just sayin' I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those deals where you have to strike while the iron is hot. I can't speak for anyone else but personally I feel extremely fortunate to have ended up with a woman who will entertain, enjoys and even thrives on this sort of thing, I know many (most?) never would.

Maybe you can find a way to do a quickie 3-4 day trip before the friend trip sometime, dunno, I feel for you though because I do know exactly what you'll be missing and it's one of those very rare things in life that actually does live up to the hype (not just the trip itself but the enormously positive effect it has had before, during and after).

Here's to you finding a way [-O<
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby MachineWorks » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:55 am

Explorer79 wrote:
She wants to go, obviously, if she's even asking about cancelling with the friends. Who knows how she will feel in 2 years, just sayin' I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those deals where you have to strike while the iron is hot. I can't speak for anyone else but personally I feel extremely fortunate to have ended up with a woman who will entertain, enjoys and even thrives on this sort of thing, I know many (most?) never would.

Maybe you can find a way to do a quickie 3-4 day trip before the friend trip sometime, dunno, I feel for you though because I do know exactly what you'll be missing and it's one of those very rare things in life that actually does live up to the hype (not just the trip itself but the enormously positive effect it has had before, during and after).

Here's to you finding a way [-O<

She very much does want to go. The more it's been discussed, the more excited she's become and the thought of being so close, yet so far away has become aggravating. We've talked over the possibility of squeezing in the trip separately, but finances, and leaving our son at home again make that possibility difficult.

The responses on here just make us more excited too. Everyone seems so chill and welcoming and we're certain to have a great time when we finally do make it. Can't wait (but I guess we'll have to, :? )
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby bmerryman » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am

Perhaps suggest to your friends that you all go to Desire together? I we have approached two couples that we are friends with, who have questioned us about Desire, that perhaps next time they go with us to experience it first-hand.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby Floridagirl29 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:13 pm

She very much does want to go. The more it's been discussed, the more excited she's become and the thought of being so close, yet so far away has become aggravating. We've talked over the possibility of squeezing in the trip separately, but finances, and leaving our son at home again make that possibility difficult.

The responses on here just make us more excited too. Everyone seems so chill and welcoming and we're certain to have a great time when we finally do make it. Can't wait (but I guess we'll have to, :? )[/quote]

Here's an idea. "Forget" your passports in the safe and don't say a word until you get to the security line. Then do your best "OMG I can't believe we forgot our passports", leave your friends at the airport, and voila. You can say later that the car broke down on the way back and you decided to stay for a couple more days for some romantic alone time.
Floridagirl29
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 14 Sep 2017

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya