Swimsuit People

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Swimsuit People

Postby tikihutguy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Just noticed an August post:

As a side note.. we were at Desire a few weeks ago and for the first time in 6 visits it seemed that a lot of guests, both male and female, wore suits at the pool all day. I'd guess 50 percent. No big deal to us; it was just very noticable compared to prior visits.

What's the deal? Swimsuits are for families :D We've only been twice (2008 and 2009) and seen very few garbed people :shock: True no big deal either way, but is Desire changing or were we there at an odd time??? We don't want to have to add to our carry on....
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Interesting topic and one that can be answered in many different ways! I'll give my take on it! Personally, I do wear swim wear about 50% of the time at the pool and not at all in the hot tub! Usually board shorts and/or square cut shorts. I found that if I go completely nude all the time during our 6 or 7 day trip my sun allergies start acting up unless I apply 45 SPF a couple times a day. However, given the "play" that goes on, it tends to get rubbed off and I just forget to reapply. So, easy solution, wear shorts half the time I'm in the sun!

Given that it's optional, I don't think people really care one way or another! Many of the women wear their bottoms for one reason or another and I have no problems with that either.

No, I don't think Desire is changing! It almost seems the younger crowd are the ones wearing the swimwear....again, only my observation!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tikihutguy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 pm

I hear ya. We find the re-application of lotion to be one of the fun "chores". I know there are different groups with different habits. With only 2 trips so far we'll need to do a good bit more research! Seems like with the "activities" the no suit scenario would be preferred; especially when you consider the possibility of having to patrol the entire campus to retrieve your suits/shorts before you pack to leave....
:roll:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Postby njdesirecpl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:28 pm

w do bring a bathing suit although we prefrer not to wear it all that often. we always cover up when going to the lunch/bar area as a courtesy to others who may not want to see Mr. Happy looking them in the face as they eat.

We also need to cover up periodically during the day as sunscreen on the privates tends to irritate that area and sunburned genitals is not an option as we would miss out on all the other extra curricular activities.
njdesirecpl
Desire Devotee

Postby tikihutguy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:07 pm

You're right about the lunch thing. I do shorts and she does net... :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya