What Happened

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

What Happened

Postby wbski » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:07 pm

I'm a somewhat long term (4+ yrs) forum member but have not logged into Desire forum for perhaps 3 wks. But when I attempted to log in yesterday I was shocked to see it shut down. To my relieve, I only found this forum through a Google search. Thanks to all for initiating this forum BTW.

Having been out of touch with the closure, can someone tell me what really happened and is Silvina still around?
wbski
Desire Convert

Silvina

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Silvina is still around with her regular PR duties. I got an e-mail from her yesterday.

Don't think she'll be here though. That is water under the bridge. The resort doesn't want to be tied to open discussion any more.

I think the in-room theft threads did it in. Not too good for PR to have people posting that they got robbed at the resort in your own forums.
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

We are from: USA

Postby DoctorandDomina » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:44 pm

We all have our personal theories as to why the forum was shut down, and mostly none of us agree, so I won't bother to rehash. In the end, it's just too bad and likely not the best move by Original Resorts.

You can write to Silvina and ask her personally, but be prepared for a form response.

Katrina
DoctorandDomina

Postby seisdnueve » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:45 pm

DoctorandDomina wrote:We all have our personal theories as to why the forum was shut down, and mostly none of us agree, so I won't bother to rehash. In the end, it's just too bad and likely not the best move by Original Resorts.

You can write to Silvina and ask her personally, but be prepared for a form response.

Katrina

I believe this is the list of "official" reasons given by the Desire PR department that has been posted on several travel group websites.........

∙ Individuals posting personal situations and/or conflicts that have absolutely nothing to do with the resorts.

∙ The advertisement of other establishments, individual services, private tours or transportations companies on our forum.

∙ The decrease in trip reports from guests who have stayed offering us ideas, comments and constructive criticism

∙ The monopolization of the forum for personal benefits (reasons or topics not linked to the resort)

∙ Poor use of language and pictures that the resort wishes not to condone any furtherImage

I would love to speculate about the REAL reasons that the Desire Forum was shut down and who they considered the TOP 10 offenders but I don't want to get 86ed from this forum!!!!!!

ANYBODY GOT AN OPENER?
seisdnueve
Desire Convert

Postby Yankeefan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 am

Seis,
Man would I love to have a few drinks with you at the bar.
Hysterical.
YF
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby seisdnueve » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Let's do it!

seisdnueve
Desire Convert

Postby wbski » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your response. Yeah too bad for Desire. I do want to thank those who started and maintaining this forum though. Keep up the good work.
wbski
Desire Convert

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya