Getting there early in the morning

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Getting there early in the morning

Postby ochwpcouple » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:48 pm

We will be arriving early in the morning after a red-eye flight. I know check in is not until the afternoon. Do they have lockers where we can change out of clothes and join in on the fun until the afternoon check in? We did this at Pearl last year but do they offer the same at RM?

Thanks for any replies!
ochwpcouple
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC and Kasidie

Re: Getting there early in the morning

Postby cavecouple » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:23 am

Yes, you can use the lockers at the spa. They will hold your larger luggage at the lobby. It's like getting an extra day! They will even come and find you when your room is ready. Enjoy every minute to the fullest!

Cheers,
T&A
Ohio
cavecouple
Desire Lover

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 07 Jul 2023

Postby NakedGolf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:13 am

We do exactly that every single time. Arrive around 8am, hang out at the lobby bar with a Bailey's Coffee (or two... or three) reserve a pool bed, and then off to the Spa to get showered and refreshed from our flight. Next comes Matilda's perfect omelette pair with a couple tequila sunrises and then naps and party at the pool. Room is ready by 3pm... don't expect it earlier. It could happen - but we've wasted our day before being anxious and that's just not worth it.

Have a great trip!
NakedGolf
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Oct 2019

Postby txcouple13 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:00 am

We get there by 9:30 every year. Typically eat breakfast and go get a bed on the beach. As soon as we get there we go into the spa to throw a cover up on, and they keep our luggage safe until we are ready for that. I agree with others it gives you a whole extra day. We always arrive early and leave super late. What makes it easier for me is I go ahead and pack my carry on with everything i need in the beach bag. That way when I get there I am not spending a lot of time going through bags. Just grab that one small bag and it has my sunscreen, YETI, and cover up in there.
RM- August 2013
RM- September 2015
RM- July 2016
RM- July 2017
RM- August 2018
RM- July 2019
RM- August 2020

Kasidie- txcouple13
txcouple13
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby MarkDiablo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:42 pm

How late can you stay? I know check out is Noon so they can "turn" the rooms, but we are staying in Mexico and would like to hang out at Desire as long as possible (and we don't need a room). Sadly, due to a lack of available rooms, we could only book two nights (Thursday and Friday nights) which seems way too short to me. Also, leaving on a Saturday BEFORE the foam party just doesn't seem like a good idea....
MarkDiablo

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Mar 2017

Postby CokeMann » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:53 pm

MarkDiablo wrote:How late can you stay? I know check out is Noon so they can "turn" the rooms, but we are staying in Mexico and would like to hang out at Desire as long as possible (and we don't need a room).

We have had late flights( ie 8pm ) in the past and stayed at the resort until about 6pm - you do however have to do your official checkout at 11am or so, - then stash you bags with the front bell man - just don't have them cut off your wristbands until you leave for real - lol - and go enjoy your last day !
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:09 pm

MarkDiablo wrote:Sadly, due to a lack of available rooms, we could only book two nights (Thursday and Friday nights) which seems way too short to me. Also, leaving on a Saturday BEFORE the foam party just doesn't seem like a good idea....

It is too short, no getting around that, however 2 days is infinitely better than zero days. The same deal for us last time, we could only do 3 nights as the resort was booked 100% on both edges of our stay. However we knew it going in so we made sure to make the most of every minute and it was a great trip. There's just little margin for error and thankfully there was no rain either. Another thing, it was our second trip, it would've been a waste our first trip - while we fully embraced the environment immediately it took us a couple of days before our understanding of how things worked started to click. So, on the second trip (which was just 6 weeks after the first), day one was roughly equivalent to day three of the first trip.

In May it will be our third trip and this time it's 6 nights. That being said, I feel like we are cursed to never be able to attend the foam party, this time it's so close that if our flight was only 2 hours later we could do it. Always need a reason to come back though :mrgreen:
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby coupleluvs2watch » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:54 am

MarkDiablo wrote:How late can you stay? I know check out is Noon so they can "turn" the rooms, but we are staying in Mexico and would like to hang out at Desire as long as possible (and we don't need a room). Sadly, due to a lack of available rooms, we could only book two nights (Thursday and Friday nights) which seems way too short to me. Also, leaving on a Saturday BEFORE the foam party just doesn't seem like a good idea....

I thought the foam party is on fridays at 2pm at RM ?
Stop by Beyond Our Bedroom to see where our journey takes us!
Life Is Too Short To Be Plain Vanilla, so we chose Swanilla!
coupleluvs2watch
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2020

Postby Lkncouple » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:25 am

We got there early and just put on our swimsuits in the bathroom next to the lobby. At one point I started laughing at how stupid it was that my wife and I walked into a bathroom to put on a swimsuit to walk to the pool and take it off. It seems like you could just change by the pool, I don't know why we felt in necessary to change in the bathroom.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Takes2toTango » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:56 pm

ochwpcouple wrote:We will be arriving early in the morning after a red-eye flight. I know check in is not until the afternoon. Do they have lockers where we can change out of clothes and join in on the fun until the afternoon check in? We did this at Pearl last year but do they offer the same at RM?

Thanks for any replies!

Any changes or updates to those who have arrived early? our flight lands at 6:00 Saturday morning,
Thanks!
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 15 Nov 2019

Postby maxpower » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Has anyone done the reverse? Get there in the evening and party all night and check in the next day?
maxpower
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 28 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby CokeMann » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:50 pm

maxpower wrote:Has anyone done the reverse? Get there in the evening and party all night and check in the next day?

You can't get onto the property until the exact date you are booked to arrive - so that's not going to work for you :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:11 pm

CokeMann wrote:
maxpower wrote:Has anyone done the reverse? Get there in the evening and party all night and check in the next day?

You can't get onto the property until the exact date you are booked to arrive - so that's not going to work for you :D

An interesting question though. If somebody showed up at 1am, would they be allowed in? I think the answer is probably yes, but I bet they'd give you some funny looks. I can't imagine they'd turn a guest away, although if they had a room open they might ask you to pay for it.

On our last trip, I didn't even sign the checkout thing until almost midnight when I stumbled into a cab (it was a wild day); I got a stern glare, but I think that was mostly for the checkout process and not because we were still there.
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024

Postby desireaddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:47 pm

On our last trip, I didn't even sign the checkout thing until almost midnight when I stumbled into a cab (it was a wild day); I got a stern glare, but I think that was mostly for the checkout process and not because we were still there.

But I think you visit there often enough just to pick up your mail?
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:52 pm

desireaddict wrote:

But I think you visit there often enough just to pick up your mail?

I wish! I think I'm going to have to cut myself down to once per year, sadly :(
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya