Ay DRM, do you recomend, the ocean view or garden view?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Ay DRM, do you recomend, the ocean view or garden view?

Postby Drseux » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:01 am

wich is better?
closer to the pool,hot tub, disco?

Thanks
Drseux

We are from: Colombia
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Not

Re: Ay DRM, do you recomend, the ocean view or garden view?

Postby mikeinnj » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:28 am

At DRM we have always gotten the ocean view. Not really needed but we liked it.

As for location we always chose the quiet end so that if we wanted a break, we could "escape". But never really felt we needed a break either. And the resort is small enough that far away from everything is still pretty close.

Bottom line is I don't really think it matters where your room is located.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby Mystra » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:21 am

Personal preference for us is the garden view building in front of the spa/gym. Part of going to Desire for us is being able to sleep as long as we want and she needs it quieter. We liked the ocean view room we had one year but for us not enough to pay the extra dough. Our favorite room thus far (that WE stayed in :D ) was the jacuzzi suite in building 15 - literally 6 steps to the beach bed we had.

D & K
Mystra
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 22 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby ATM » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:50 am

Yes to that. We had 1501 a couple weeks ago and it was amazing. Wished it had double doors, but it was still great. Close to the ocean, close to the pool, lobby bars, and meals. Pretty much at the center of everything..
SLS: FunPlayInTheD
KIK: FunPlayInTheD
TTR 6 times
Desire Pearl Feb 2015
Desire RM Feb 2016, Aug 2016, Feb 2017, Aug 2-6 2017!
ATM
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby coupleluvs2watch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 pm

A lot of good points here on rooms. We had gardenview last year in farthest room as others said in case we needed to "escape". This August we're doing superior view. Perhaps someday we will look into ocean view.
Stop by Beyond Our Bedroom to see where our journey takes us!
Life Is Too Short To Be Plain Vanilla, so we chose Swanilla!
coupleluvs2watch
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:30 am

coupleluvs2watch wrote:A lot of good points here on rooms. We had gardenview last year in farthest room as others said in case we needed to "escape". This August we're doing superior view. Perhaps someday we will look into ocean view.

We've had ocean view and deluxe garden view and liked them both, would be more than happy with either.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby day5758 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:41 pm

We had superior garden and ocean. The ocean view is a small room but being on the ocean is amazing and the walk is shower is really a treat. The superior garden view is on the main floor so you don't get a patio but the room is way bigger. Bottom line is how important is it to you to be on the ocean. You sacrifice room size and you pay more. Bang for your buck the superior garden is better. Still set back and quite but a way bigger room for "entertaining" and a place for the Mrs to put her costumes. The only complaint is the shower tub combo. We liked the walk in shower way better.
day5758
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 18 Oct 2019

Postby Sophistigoth13 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:04 pm

When my husband and I were there in December we stayed in an ocean view room since it was our honeymoon and that seemed really special. The room was really nice, and opening the door every morning to the beach was lovely, but we found that we actually spent so little time in there that it seemed like a bit of a waste, really. We kinda laughed that we had so much sex at the hot tub that we hardly ever even had sex in the room, maybe 2 or 3 times in our whole stay.

So I guess it depends on your preference, but for our part, when we return in August this year, we booked a garden view because it's cheaper, and we know we won't be spending much time in there.
Sophistigoth13

We arrive on: 25 Aug 2017

Postby khplay8 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 am

We like the parking lot view rooms on the first floor of the Jacuzzi building. It's very quiet. The pool and all the restaurants are just on the other side of the building. And when I stumble down the stairs from the Jacuzzi to at 3am to put my wife to bed so I can go get Pizza it's nice and close.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Twohere4some » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:40 am

For us, ocean view is worth the extra cost. We live in the Midwest and having morning coffee looking out at the ocean is very special for us both. The rooms we have had have been plenty large for us and very nice.
Twohere4some
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC

Postby B&O Valentine » Tue May 23, 2017 6:04 pm

We are coming to DRM, wondering how many floors are there at the resort. We hope to be at least 3 stories in our ocean view deluxe,
Any seasoned DRM peeps have a suggestion? We are on our honeymoon and moderately interested in night life and being close to the beach.
Thanks! :D :US
B&O Valentine

We arrive on: 08 Oct 2017

Postby texascouple1208 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:39 pm

B&O Valentine wrote:We are coming to DRM, wondering how many floors are there at the resort. We hope to be at least 3 stories in our ocean view deluxe,
Any seasoned DRM peeps have a suggestion? We are on our honeymoon and moderately interested in night life and being close to the beach.
Thanks! :D :US

The ocean view rooms are very close to the beach - just a few steps. All the buildings at the resort are only two stories, though (to the best of my recollection). The resort is very compact, so nothing is very far away. We stayed in room 2511 in late April. A second floor deluxe ocean view room. This is probably the most remote and quiet ocean front building, but we never had to walk far if we wanted more action. I will tell you that the windows in the rooms are not very large and the thatched roof hangs over quite a bit obstructing the view. We did enjoy having breakfast with our doors open a couple of mornings though.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Lkncouple » Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am

We may be different than most. We have stayed in Oceanfront rooms twice(Our first two times) and Gardenview twice. Granted we were on the bottom floor, but it really is not an ocean view. You open the door or look out the window and all you see is the beach beds and the curtains around the beach beds. The windows themselves are not very big and the only windows you have are in the doors. There are no windows on the wall, they are not sliding glass doors. It is nice to have the doors open and hear the ocean. In all the hotels I have stayed in, I would not really describe these a spectacular ocean front views. In my opinion, the upcharge for oceanview is not worth it.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby bmerryman » Wed May 24, 2017 1:23 pm

I would agree. We had ocean view once and all we could see was the gazebo and the beach beds. Actually the last time we had a gardenview room on the end of one of the buildings and we had a better view of the ocean than the ocean view rooms. I wish I could upload pics here and I would show you the view out of our door.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby 2FOR2 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:48 pm

In the past we've stayed in the Passion Suite(1), Ocean view(4), and Garden view(4) in a different room each time. Passion Suite was our first trip and we realized how little we used the room. The private balcony was nice and we used it more than the room. However, the upstairs balcony on the Ocean view rooms works just as well and, well, we don't really need or want privacy. Garden view rooms on both floors near the spa are quiet. Garden view under the jaccuzi have a view of the pool, however, one year we had a view of the parking lot and entrance, Not so good. Ground floor under the Jacuzzi facing the pool has a nice little enclave where you can sit and watch people go by or interact. So, my take is that it really doesn't matter what room you are in, because you are in the best place in the world. Our last two visits and the one coming up in August we chose the top floor Ocean view because we like to leave the doors open and the surf sounds better up there.
2FOR2
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sdc

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya