Sylvia has left

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Sylvia has left

Postby shore128 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am

Sylvia, who as all the regulars at RM know has been one of the best and most beloved employees at Desire, has resigned from her employment. She will be opening a restaurant in the Cancun area. On a positive note it is something she has apparently wanted to do for a while and is now in the planning stages of her new venture. Her husband, Arcos, is still there and I was able to speak to him for a while. She will be sorely missed!
shore128
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Sylvia has left

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Selfishly, we are so bummed that we won't see her in July. Please report if anyone knows the name of the restaurant and when she intends to be open. Otherwise we will do so after we chat with Archos in July.
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tumbler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Oh man, loved Sylvia, bittersweet, hey eddieandjojo maybe a trip into Cancun to check out this rest. of hers?
tumbler
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Jul 2019

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:18 pm

tumbler wrote:Oh man, loved Sylvia, bittersweet, hey eddieandjojo maybe a trip into Cancun to check out this rest. of hers?

Hell yeah brother, I see a road trip in our future!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby desireaddict » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:47 am

All of the Desire staff are great, but Sylvia stood out above all others IMO.
OMG, we will miss her!!!

Desire management should sit up and pay attention!
We saw the decline of Hedo III when they started losing the long-term employees.

Desire RM has lost several of the best Entertainment Staff (in our opinion after what must be close to 20 trips) -- Kayla and Kuko and Sophie

When you are a frequent guest, it is very nice that the staff knows you when you walk in, perhaps calling you by name, and even knows your favorite drink.
That is impossible when the staff changes constantly.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby coupleluvs2watch » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:21 am

Sylvia was great! We would tell her what we weren't in mood for drink wise and she would get creative. We didn't know her husband worked there and may not know his name but may recognize him if he is still there in August.

Would love to know where her restaurant is when it opens.
Stop by Beyond Our Bedroom to see where our journey takes us!
Life Is Too Short To Be Plain Vanilla, so we chose Swanilla!
coupleluvs2watch
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Vixen and Him » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:14 pm

:-(
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby canuck63 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:48 am

Silvia will definitely be missed. You could always tell when it was her day off. We may actually have to order our drinks now rather then have them just appear and refill themselves. Management may even have to hire 3 more staff to replace just her.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby toobusylivin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:52 am

We just returned. Sylvia was greatly missed by us, as we spend most days by the pool. On a positive note though...the new pool gal "Saby" did an outstanding job by my standards. I literally would think about my favorite drink and it would be in my hand! She's a bit less chatty, but probably needs to adjust. :D Even got us a bucket of ice to chill our Café Patron!!
toobusylivin
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 19 Mar 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby northernlightscpl » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Good for her, bummer for us. We will so miss her. She will do well with whatever she does. Excellent host. My wife had a bit of a stomach ailment a few years ago and she mixed up a cocktail that worked very well. Big shoes to fill to replace her.......
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby tannaked » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:46 pm

.......and Saby who is on loan from Temptation has been doing an excellent job of filling in for Sylvia. Not near Sylvia's level quite yet but we have seen her our last two trips, the most recently filling in for Sylvia around the pool. She did an outstanding job in a sold out environment and no one who was there over St Patrick's Day would disagree.

Sylvia has been our darling for many years but the rigours of the job had gotten to her, let's face it - could any of us do what she did 6 days a week and raise a family? She was AWESOME! but it was her time to retire at the top of her game. We wish her well and I know all of us will want to support her in her new adventure as we have all probably invested in it anyway.LOLOL.

I say we lobby for Saby to stay at Desire now that she has begun to get the hang of things and get to know many of the guests; big shoes to fill but she is already on her way.
northernlightscpl wrote:Good for her, bummer for us. We will so miss her. She will do well with whatever she does. Excellent host. My wife had a bit of a stomach ailment a few years ago and she mixed up a cocktail that worked very well. Big shoes to fill to replace her.......
tannaked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby northernlightscpl » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:56 pm

tannaked wrote:.......and Saby who is on loan from Temptation has been doing an excellent job of filling in for Sylvia. Not near Sylvia's level quite yet but we have seen her our last two trips, the most recently filling in for Sylvia around the pool. She did an outstanding job in a sold out environment and no one who was there over St Patrick's Day would disagree.

Sylvia has been our darling for many years but the rigours of the job had gotten to her, let's face it - could any of us do what she did 6 days a week and raise a family? She was AWESOME! but it was her time to retire at the top of her game. We wish her well and I know all of us will want to support her in her new adventure as we have all probably invested in it anyway.LOLOL.

I say we lobby for Saby to stay at Desire now that she has begun to get the hang of things and get to know many of the guests; big shoes to fill but she is already on her way.
northernlightscpl wrote:Good for her, bummer for us. We will so miss her. She will do well with whatever she does. Excellent host. My wife had a bit of a stomach ailment a few years ago and she mixed up a cocktail that worked very well. Big shoes to fill to replace her.......

Saby was there in January when we were there and I agree, she need to keep her at RM. I think she had some training in 'those big shoes' Sylvia left....... They are some people who come and go in and out of your life and some who stay, even after they are go........ There is some others there that give 110% 6 days a week. We always look forward to seeing DD, Daniel and Gustavo.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

Postby sexyduofla » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:25 pm

The management is running off all the staff we've come to know and love over the last 11 years we've been going there. I believe Sylvia left because they were screwing with her amd Arcos' hours. They fired Gustavo a little over a month ago amongst a few other loyal, long term employees, which really angers me. They've had a good thing going and clearly don't recognize who is their core backbone of stable, quality staff.
Time to have a talk with Alberto because it sounds like they're trying to ruin the place.

northernlightscpl wrote:
tannaked wrote:.......and Saby who is on loan from Temptation has been doing an excellent job of filling in for Sylvia. Not near Sylvia's level quite yet but we have seen her our last two trips, the most recently filling in for Sylvia around the pool. She did an outstanding job in a sold out environment and no one who was there over St Patrick's Day would disagree.

Saby was there in January when we were there and I agree, she need to keep her at RM. I think she had some training in 'those big shoes' Sylvia left....... They are some people who come and go in and out of your life and some who stay, even after they are go........ There is some others there that give 110% 6 days a week. We always look forward to seeing DD, Daniel and Gustavo.
sexyduofla

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC SLS

Postby sexyduofla » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 pm

They are well on their way. They just fired Gustavo. He was our Butler for 11 years. He was amazing.
They are have fired or have run off many of their best employees.
Not sure what their end game is..... it makes no sense to screw it all up trying to fix what isn't broken!!

desireaddict wrote:All of the Desire staff are great, but Sylvia stood out above all others IMO.
OMG, we will miss her!!!

Desire management should sit up and pay attention!
We saw the decline of Hedo III when they started losing the long-term employees.

Desire RM has lost several of the best Entertainment Staff (in our opinion after what must be close to 20 trips) -- Kayla and Kuko and Sophie

When you are a frequent guest, it is very nice that the staff knows you when you walk in, perhaps calling you by name, and even knows your favorite drink.
That is impossible when the staff changes constantly.
sexyduofla

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC SLS

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:41 pm

No way, Gustavo......... he was our butler for 6 years. An excellent employee...... we will so miss him as well. Hope they don't mess with their successful plan they have in their employees
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya