College Football at DRM?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

College Football at DRM?

Postby JandH » Tue May 09, 2017 7:52 am

We are booked from November 11 - 18 and my team (Clemson) will be playing FSU in a game that will hopefully have national championship implications. Does anyone know if they have ESPN or ABC in the rooms or even better at the lobby bar?

Thanks.
JandH
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Re: College Football at DRM?

Postby K&RinTX » Tue May 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Not that I know of, but I've followed a few games on my Ipad in the past :D
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby shore128 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:20 pm

As I recall the channel selection includes ESPN and Fox Sports and possibly one or more of the four major networks. When we have been at RM in the fall I've watched portions of MLB playoffs and world series games as well as NFL games (mostly at the outside bar - but when we're at Desire there are other things we'd rather be doing so the amount of tv watching has been minimal. :D ) However, the ESPN channel that is carried is an international version so it probably isn't going to carry college football. I'm sure someone will be able to give you a more definitive answer.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby backatit » Thu May 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi, if you taxi into Puerto Morelos to a bar called La Sirena, they will play any game you want to see. Plus it's a good little bar with great service, decent food and good margaritas.

Good luck!!
Steve and Erin ;-)
DP - 9/18, 4/18, 12/17, 9/17, 12/16, 9/16, 7/15, 9/14
RM - 9/15
backatit
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 Apr 2018

Postby Miacpl30 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 pm

You dont travel during football season. We will beat you anyways. Just keep drinking in jacuzzi to forget abt it. :D Go noles!
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby Al & Kim » Mon May 15, 2017 10:20 pm

We were there last Oct. hoping to be able to watch our Huskers. No luck. My back up plan was to use our Directv app. Found out it does not work in Mexico. We did get scoring updates at the start of the game but after awhile we decided to hell with it, we are on vacation and we are having to much fun to worry about football. You are in paradise, enjoy it. Football will be on every other week.
Al & Kim
Desire Devotee

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2023

Postby Explorer79 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 am

For what it's worth, here is how I approach this - no judgement on anyone who thinks differently, just my take. I've had season tickets for my Alma Mater for a decade, family members have attended going back 100 years. I rarely miss a game, enjoyed a national championship, rabid fan etc... but c'mon... this is Desire - I'm there with my sexy wife on fantasy island for a relatively short period of time - seriously, f**k football or whatever else and it's not even close.

When I checked into Desire 11 days ago my phone went in the safe and didn't come out until the day we left. The last thing I want anything to do with while at Desire is anything from the real world, certainly not the news or facebook or any other social media. Once those are out of the picture, going spoiler free is easy. Desire trips are all too rare, everything else can wait. I promise you I'll remember things that happened on this trip much longer and much more fondly than any game I've ever seen. I realize not everyone is able to go totally off the grid like I can but it's not that hard to unplug from stuff like sports. Last fall I missed two home games while at Desire. Once I got home I had both games queued up on the DVR and enjoyed them both exactly as if I had watched them live.

I did happen to see part of one pro game that I was very interested in on a Monday night in the lobby bar but I watched all of about 1 minute before my wife came out in her sexy costume. Hmmm... do I want to see sweaty men in uniforms hitting each other or sexy women in sexy uniforms doing much more interesting things? Easy choice there, sports can wait.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby JandJinCA » Wed May 17, 2017 12:58 pm

^^^^^This. I LOVE college football but it runs a distant second to sexy time with MrsJinCA.
JandJinCA on SLS, Kasidie and kik
JandJinCA

We arrive on: 30 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby 2FOR2 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Explorer79 wrote:c'mon... this is Desire - I'm there with my sexy wife on fantasy island for a relatively short period of time - seriously, f**k football or whatever else and it's not even close.

Yep! :L :L :L :L
2FOR2
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sdc

Postby SouthCarolinaCpl » Thu May 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Go Cocks! And cocks! :bj
SouthCarolinaCpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Apr 2024

Postby Lkncouple » Thu May 25, 2017 4:35 pm

You are at Desire and you have your choice to look at beautiful naked women or watch football and you want to watch football?

Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Explorer79 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Lkncouple wrote:You are at Desire and you have your choice to look at beautiful naked women or watch football and you want to watch football?

lmao, awesome!
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby JandH » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Miacpl30 wrote:You dont travel during football season. We will beat you anyways. Just keep drinking in jacuzzi to forget abt it. :D Go noles!

Oh my!!
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby Smile4two » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:06 am

First things first...not a dedicated tide fan. More of an all encompassing SEC fan...which ever one (SEC Team) is most likely to have a shot at capturing the National Championship. Can't wait to watch some "foose ball" at Desire. Good times!
Smile4two

Postby violetdream » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Yes, you can see most ESPN games but as already said if soccer over takes ESPN (which happens often in Mexico) just grab a taxi and go into town. There are some great bars to visit for 3-4 hours and then come back for "play" time.

Danny....Roll Tide
violetdream
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 0-2015

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya