shipping mixers

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

shipping mixers

Postby Bones » Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 am

My wife loves her mules. I'm assuming ginger beer isn't on the menu? I was wandering how big of a deal it is to send a case of the ginger beer to the resort? I might want to throw in a handle or two of good bourbon as well. Is this doable?
C4P: bonesnwifey
Bones
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Oct 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Re: shipping mixers

Postby CokeMann » Wed May 31, 2017 11:14 am

Bones wrote:My wife loves her mules. I'm assuming ginger beer isn't on the menu? I was wandering how big of a deal it is to send a case of the ginger beer to the resort? I might want to throw in a handle or two of good bourbon as well. Is this doable?

Nope, unless you are very experienced at international shipping and customs clearance - besides most resorts will not accept a shipment for you unless you are actually on site to receive it.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby antillaria » Wed May 31, 2017 1:22 pm

I know it's not quite the same, but they definitely have ginger ale (Canada Dry type).
I drank Johnnie walker and ginger all the way through our recent stay at DRM.
RM - Jan 2016
RM - Aug 2016
RM - Apr/May 2017
RM - Aug 2018

You'll know me by the blue hair!
antillaria
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Fab swingers

Postby K&RinTX » Wed May 31, 2017 10:40 pm

I would assume you could buy some in Cancun after you leave the airport and just bring it to the resort. I know many others stop by WalMart for other things on the way, surely there are places to get ginger beer in Cancun!
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby Bones » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:51 am

Right on. Thanks for the input. Yeah, I was thinking we would give walmart a try. We set up transportation through the resort so hopefully we can take a quick detour for a $20 spot. Not a dealbreaker if we cant find it, but a big plus if so.

Also, I meant to ask if anyone knows if they have coconut water down there? I would think so, but having never been I was curious. We like to use it to stay hydrated while day drinking around the pool at the house. Guessing we might oughta look while at walmart as well just in case.
C4P: bonesnwifey
Bones
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Oct 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby Regina Lima » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:58 pm

Bones wrote:Right on. Thanks for the input. Yeah, I was thinking we would give walmart a try. We set up transportation through the resort so hopefully we can take a quick detour for a $20 spot. Not a dealbreaker if we cant find it, but a big plus if so.

Also, I meant to ask if anyone knows if they have coconut water down there? I would think so, but having never been I was curious. We like to use it to stay hydrated while day drinking around the pool at the house. Guessing we might oughta look while at walmart as well just in case.

Despite the large number of coconut trees, the Hotel, because of federal legislation does not provide coconut water for guests.
Ri & Si
DP 2016-Sep
DP 2017-Apr
DP 2018-Apr
DP 2018-Sep
DP 2019-Sep
DP 2021-Nov
Miches 2023 - Nov
Regina Lima
Desire Lover

We are from: Brazil
Will be at: Desire Pearl