Can't miss?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Can't miss?

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:40 am

My wife and I are planning to visit Desire for the first time in the Spring of next year.

I wanted to ask the veterans, what is the one thing you would not want to miss out on, if you were taking your first trip again? Or the one thing you would prioritize doing?

We have read a lot of the posts, and have a general understanding of some of the events. We also understand that the answer will be different for each individual. But we're hoping for different perspectives on the massage, the photo shoot, stripper, etc. As if your funds were to only go to one thing, what would it be? Or if you were scheduling your days around the theme nights, or the foam party, or one of the workshops, what of those things are can't miss?

We may not have the opportunity for a return visit anytime soon, so we'd love to make the most of the first one.

Thanks to all who chime in.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Re: Can't miss?

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:08 am

How many nights are you going to be there?
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby MachineWorks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 am

Nothing official yet, but probably 5.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby idrease » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:26 pm

MachineWorks wrote:My wife and I are planning to visit Desire for the first time in the Spring of next year.

I wanted to ask the veterans, what is the one thing you would not want to miss out on, if you were taking your first trip again? Or the one thing you would prioritize doing?

We have read a lot of the posts, and have a general understanding of some of the events. We also understand that the answer will be different for each individual. But we're hoping for different perspectives on the massage, the photo shoot, stripper, etc. As if your funds were to only go to one thing, what would it be? Or if you were scheduling your days around the theme nights, or the foam party, or one of the workshops, what of those things are can't miss?

We may not have the opportunity for a return visit anytime soon, so we'd love to make the most of the first one.

We actually had a the same question with similar circumstances. Family obligations with the kids may make it difficult for an immediate return after our initial visit.
idrease
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 May 2021

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:20 pm

I would say the Photo session. It can be expensive if you buy alot of pictures. But it was very hot and sexy.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Desireus2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm

MachineWorks wrote:My wife and I are planning to visit Desire for the first time in the Spring of next year.

I wouldn't miss the foam party. It got pretty wild this year.
The theme nights are fun but we don't know what they will be yet for 2018. 2016 the glow party was fantastic, they didn't have it this year. Usually Coke, who runs this site, seems to get that info by late summer. Most likely there will be several where sexy attire for ladies is appropriate.
My wife likes to get body painted. Pretty reasonable. The last two years you tipped what you thought it was worth.
Haven't done the photo shoot. Friends who did it love it. They just have to keep the pics locked up at home. :D
Massages are outstanding but I can do that at home. If I could only do one thing it wouldn't be that. Have done one of their erotic ones. It was fun but not anything I would do again.

Hope this helps.
David and Julie
April 24 - April 30 2022
10th time
Hilton Head SC
Desireus2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 24 Apr 2022

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm

With 5 nights you should have enough time to experience everything you want, just depends on how busy you want your schedule to be.

At RM, foam party is on Friday so if you want to do that make sure you are there Friday at 2pm. I hear it's great, on 3 visits so far we have yet to be there on a Friday (well, last time we checked out on Friday, if our flight would have been 2 hours later the foam party would've been our last act). In October though, finally, finally we will get to do the foam party.

We haven't done the photo shoot yet either but will probably do it this trip as well. We've seen the results and they are amazing, I'd recommend that. We did have a shoot set up for one trip but it fell through due to me unknowingly changing the time on the clock in the room - on the bright side we 'gained' a few hours as we thought it was much later than it actually was.

Massage - there are several options here. If you want the 'erotic' massage, I think that's just a matter of going to the spa and scheduling it - we haven't done it, we have done the regular massage and they do a couples massage on the gazebo by the beach - those were easy to set up.

Other than that the main routine is pretty much the same for us: wake-up -> breakfast -> beach (sometimes) -> pool -> lunch -> pool -> jacuzzi -> dinner -> lobby / disco -> jacuzzi -> late night pizza/drinks. Even with that each day is a new and different experience (very crowd dependent).
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Calicouple69 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Beings it's your first time, here's our two cents worth......... Get naked immediately after you walk out the lobby door after check in, grab a drink at the lobby bar, down it and order another. Head to the pool and get in......in the afternoon, got to the hot tub naked, and make use of the beds :D at night get a great meal, then dress as sexy and skimpy as you've ever imagined to go to the lobby bar for drinks and a show........go up to the disco, find the play room (sin room they call it) and make full use of it.........then go back to the hot tub, get naked, meet people, then make use of the beds again under the night sky........go back to your room, and get sexy thinking about where you are and the person that came there with you.

None of this costs any more, but many first timers spend DAYS just feeling their way around only to go home wishing they'd loosened up the first day. Btw, this is what we did the first day of our first trip. You'll wanna come back, so save up and do the extras as time allows, just don't miss out on what Desire has to offer just being there
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby MachineWorks » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Desireus2 wrote:I wouldn't miss the foam party. It got pretty wild this year.

The foam party does sound like a lot of fun. We definitely hope to be there for that. We've also seen a lot of positive comments on the photo shoot, that would be the one that immediately grabs our attention. My wife had expressed interest in doing a boudoir photo shoot recently, which we've yet to have her do. Maybe the Desire photo shoot would fill in for that.

Calicouple69 wrote:Beings it's your first time, here's our two cents worth......... Get naked immediately after you walk out the lobby door after check in, grab a drink at the lobby bar, down it and order another. Head to the pool and get in......in the afternoon, got to the hot tub naked, and make use of the beds :D at night get a great meal, then dress as sexy and skimpy as you've ever imagined to go to the lobby bar for drinks and a show........go up to the disco, find the play room (sin room they call it) and make full use of it.........then go back to the hot tub, get naked, meet people, then make use of the beds again under the night sky........go back to your room, and get sexy thinking about where you are and the person that came there with you.

None of this costs any more, but many first timers spend DAYS just feeling their way around only to go home wishing they'd loosened up the first day. Btw, this is what we did the first day of our first trip. You'll wanna come back, so save up and do the extras as time allows, just don't miss out on what Desire has to offer just being there

We hope to have no issues loosening up right away. And taking advantage of the events that are already included in the price is definitely a priority. We don't want to go home thinking we missed something.

Explorer79 wrote:At RM, foam party is on Friday so if you want to do that make sure you are there Friday at 2pm. I hear it's great, on 3 visits so far we have yet to be there on a Friday (well, last time we checked out on Friday, if our flight would have been 2 hours later the foam party would've been our last act). In October though, finally, finally we will get to do the foam party.

Haha, your experience is actually one that prompted me to ask the initial question. I'd read that you two had unfortunately missed out on the foam party multiple times, and that triggered my thought process of wanting to know what is a can't miss event. With our schedules, and really just life, we won't be able to make a return journey for at least a couple years. We're excited to enjoy it as much as we can this first time. Foam party = Must do.

Anyone prefer something over the photo shoot, if you're planning to spend a little extra money?
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:33 pm

MachineWorks wrote:Anyone prefer something over the photo shoot, if you're planning to spend a little extra money?

Actually, and I think most Desire vets would agree, the best experiences while on campus don't involve spending any money ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby tspad » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm

CokeMann wrote:
MachineWorks wrote:Anyone prefer something over the photo shoot, if you're planning to spend a little extra money?

Actually, and I think most Desire vets would agree, the best experiences while on campus don't involve spending any money ;)

:L :L :L
tspad
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 07 Feb 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:38 pm

MachineWorks wrote:
Desireus2 wrote:Haha, your experience is actually one that prompted me to ask the initial question. I'd read that you two had unfortunately missed out on the foam party multiple times, and that triggered my thought process of wanting to know what is a can't miss event. With our schedules, and really just life, we won't be able to make a return journey for at least a couple years. We're excited to enjoy it as much as we can this first time. Foam party = Must do.

Anyone prefer something over the photo shoot, if you're planning to spend a little extra money?

:D I'll be sure to let you know if it lives up to the hype. :D I do agree that the best things at Desire don't involve extra money. Honestly, as long as you embrace and immerse yourself in the environment, allow yourselves to experience it to the max (or perhaps a bit beyond) your comfort level you will have a life changing great time.

The only downside is that it will make the wait for the next one seem even longer. Perhaps after you have been you'll be able to find a way to be creative with your schedule etc..., at least the incentive will be there :D That's how it worked for us. Of the 4 trips, 2 were more spontaneous and the other two were more planned. For the second trip we ended up going 6 weeks after our first, we were totally in "WE MUST GO BACK TO THE ISLAND" mode.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:Get naked immediately after you walk out the lobby door after check in, grab a drink at the lobby bar, down it and order another. Head to the pool and get in......in the afternoon, got to the hot tub naked, and make use of the beds :D

You must've been spying on us, this is exactly what we did on our first visit.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby idrease » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 am

I am hearing rave reviews about the the foam party on Fridays, what could we expect to see and or encounter during this event? We've been to family resorts where they rolled out the foam near the pool. I assume it's a little different experience at Desire. :)
idrease
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 May 2021

Postby texascouple1208 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:25 am

idrease wrote:I am hearing rave reviews about the the foam party on Fridays, what could we expect to see and or encounter during this event? We've been to family resorts where they rolled out the foam near the pool. I assume it's a little different experience at Desire. :)

We have only been and experienced the foam party once, but our first was fantastic from our perspective. We hopped in the pool as the party was just getting started and just wandered through the foam a few times together. A few minutes later we (literally) ran into a group of five or so that were already good friends. They welcomed us to the group. We joined them for a naked conga line. I (husband) made a connection with a wife and we were making out before we had even introduced ourselves. My wife made a connection with one of the other couples. We danced in the pool, flirted, and made out some more. A bit later we found a ping pong ball that said "perform oral sex on someone," so we lined up three ladies on the side of the pool and followed the instructions. We hung out with this group and some of their other friends all afternoon/evening at the pool and the hot tub bar. The evening culminated in a great time at the disco playroom, followed by drinks and food at the lobby bar before we exchanged contact information and had to say our goodbyes. We were all leaving the next morning. The foam party itself was kind of just a backdrop that lowered inhibitions and made meeting new people easier (which I guess is saying something, as it is already a breeze to meet people at Desire). The new friends we made were actually at the resort the whole time we were and some how we didn't meet them until the foam party.

We were fairly oblivious to anything else going on at the foam party, though I did look over at one point to see people just standing around, talking and having a good time. Like just about everything at Desire, it can be whatever you want it to be.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya