Visiting the area in June. Please help us with a day pass.

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Visiting the area in June. Please help us with a day pass.

Postby netphysique » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:47 pm

My wife and I are visiting the Riviera Maya area the week of June 17 through the 23rd. We want to spend a day at one of the Desire Resorts to see if it is something we would enjoy. But we now realize that a guest has to invite us in order to pay for a day pass. Could someone assist us?
netphysique

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jun 2017

Re: Visiting the area in June. Please help us with a day pas

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Nope - Desire does not offer day or night passes for purchase to those not staying one of their properties. I don't know where you read that a guest had to invite you but that old policy changed to the current no passes policy(see below) in 2009.

Desire Resorts wrote:If you are already staying in one of our Desire Resorts, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a Day Pass at either Desire Riviera Maya or Desire Pearl at your convenience for $ 150 USD per couple.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby sonomapair » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:54 pm

CokeMann wrote:Nope - Desire does not offer day or night passes for purchase to those not staying one of their properties. I don't know where you read that a guest had to invite you but that old policy changed to the current no passes policy(see below) in 2009.

Is there a minimum stay...or could they maybe just stay one night?
No longer Desire rookies! Second trip planned for 11/11/17 with Wegottathing and their podcaster and listener friends!!
sonomapair
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Postby CokeMann » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:06 am

sonomapair wrote:Is there a minimum stay...or could they maybe just stay one night?

Yes there is a minimum of two nights.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby gaviao » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:05 am

Regardless of whether it is possible to get a day pass, I do not recommend that option for a couple going to Desire for the first time.
That way you will not be able to appreciate the special vibe of the place. That is why Desire only accepts reservations for a minimum of two nights.
We have gone with a day pass a few times, but we must take into account that we are veterans of 14 years there and that we have always come to visit friends hosted.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am

Agreed, a day pass seems like it would just be torture, plus most of the activity doesn't really even start until late afternoon/early evening.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Lkncouple » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am

I think day passes are available for purchase. They roughly cost $500 and include a free nights stay. :D
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby CokeMann » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 am

Lkncouple wrote:I think day passes are available for purchase. They roughly cost $500 and include a free nights stay. :D

FYI - it's a two day minimum purchase - lol
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Lkncouple » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:00 am

Correction. Day passes are available for $1,000 and they come with 2 free nights.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby werfun » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Why bother trying to get a 2 day pass for $1000 when you can book a 2 day stay for about $1100 and be sure you are staying there.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby danbo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 am

Lkncouple wrote:Correction. Day passes are available for $1,000 and they come with 2 free nights.

Ummm. That there was funny!
danbo
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby WesleyButtercup » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 am

Very interesting thread, not sure it is totally accurate though.

We were staying down the beach this past June/July 2017, "wandered" to Desire, enjoyed the wonderful place and walked from the beach to the office, requested a tour and got one. Then, we asked about the day passes and was told if we listened to the sales pitch, we could buy either a day pass or night pass for $150. So, we listened to the pitch, politely declined when it came time to buy and settled on purchasing a night pass, which went from 6pm to 2am on the 4th of July! It was a pure Godsend in my mind and has changed our lives forever. We are already scheduled for a week the end of November and first part of December 2017, and are already planning another trip for March 2018 and we really have never even stayed there yet. Granted, our experience was not even a "taste" of Desire, but maybe just a "nibble" and we are so enamored with the place, the people, the concept and everything about it. I am not sure I've met nicer and happier and more accepting people in my lifetime than the short experience we had at Desire. Also, to "Kate and Travis", thank you for making us feel so welcome and for putting the big fella at ease with himself. And Kate, the schoolgirl outfit was awesome...
Kasidie, SDC: buttercupwesley
DRM June 29 to July 5, 2023
WesleyButtercup
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:22 am

In the end what can or can't be done is up to the resort's discretion. What you experienced is an exception to the rule but I don't think anyone else can necessarily count on getting that. You are just as likely, probably even more likely to be turned away at the beach by security rather than being even allowed access to the office - I've seen it play out that way before. So you might get lucky and be able to wheel and deal your way into a day pass but you might also come up empty. If you are already in the area then there's not much to lose by trying but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way, should just book nights at that point.

Also, a day pass doesn't make as much sense to me, a night pass is better, ideally probably a 3pm till close pass would be the closest approximation to the full experience. But then again, how much can you truly participate in with no place to transition from pool/hot tub to dinner/bar/disco, no shower, change of clothes etc would limit your options.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby gaviao » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:57 pm

The only time we could obtain a day pass, it was under these conditions:
There was a couple of near friends of us as guests of the hotel, so they made the tramits.
Our friends explained to Guest Service department that we were a kind of "regulars" of Desire, since its opening in 2003.
We paid $250 USD for a stay from 10:00 AM to 01:00 (actually they said the pass will expire at midnight).
We had the right to use the SPA for take a shower and change clothing before dinner.
In few words: we had an excellent day there.

Do we recommend for newbies? No, we think newbies should live the whole experience for at least 2 nights.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby WesleyButtercup » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:50 am

Explorer79 wrote:In the end what can or can't be done is up to the resort's discretion. What you experienced is an exception to the rule but I don't think anyone else can necessarily count on getting that. You are just as likely, probably even more likely to be turned away at the beach by security rather than being even allowed access to the office - I've seen it play out that way before. So you might get lucky and be able to wheel and deal your way into a day pass but you might also come up empty. If you are already in the area then there's not much to lose by trying but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way, should just book nights at that point.

Also, a day pass doesn't make as much sense to me, a night pass is better, ideally probably a 3pm till close pass would be the closest approximation to the full experience. But then again, how much can you truly participate in with no place to transition from pool/hot tub to dinner/bar/disco, no shower, change of clothes etc would limit your options.

Totally agree. :L

Had we known about Desire before we stayed just down the beach, we would have booked Desire... Now, we have no excuse but to return to Desire as many times as possible before we die!
Kasidie, SDC: buttercupwesley
DRM June 29 to July 5, 2023
WesleyButtercup
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya