day excursion /tours etc

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

day excursion /tours etc

Postby thorndd988 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:25 pm

any recomendations , atv ,snorkel, ruins
thorndd988

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Jul 2017

Re: day excursion /tours etc

Postby eklein5823 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:25 am

Last year, we were down in July and booked a Whale Shark swim tour with Oceantoursmexico.com. We do a lot of adventure-type traveling and that was one of the more remarkable experiences of our lives. If you have an affinity for wildlife, I'd highly recommend it, especially if the moon is close to full (more phytoplankton nearer to the surface = more whale sharks). During our next trip, we're going diving in some cenotes.
eklein5823
Desire Convert

Postby bmerryman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 am

we did a combination zip line/cenote/atv tour to a national park called Kin Ha. The zip lies were kinda small, but you could ride them all you wanted. They took us on an ATV ride through the jungle to one cenote, then back to the start for another cenote. The tour included lunch and several drinks. We booked it at a tour guide stand right off the square in Puerto Morales.
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:33 am

eklein5823 wrote:Last year, we were down in July and booked a Whale Shark swim tour with Oceantoursmexico.com. We do a lot of adventure-type traveling and that was one of the more remarkable experiences of our lives. If you have an affinity for wildlife, I'd highly recommend it, especially if the moon is close to full (more phytoplankton nearer to the surface = more whale sharks). During our next trip, we're going diving in some cenotes.

We dove the Cenotes with Cenote Xperience. The team was awesome, very professional. I always wanted to dive the Cenotes, as the pictures look spectacular. The thing is, the view is spectacular when there is light coming down from a hole in the roof, the problem is that they may be for 5 minutes of your dive. The majority of the time it is pitch black and very narrow with nothing much to see. No fish, just stalagmites. Very grey looking. If you don't have a good guide you could easily get lost, and I think it happens occasionally and those people don't make it back. My wife hated it, and did not make the second dive. I made the second dive, and it was almost exactly like the first. I am glad I did it, because it was on my bucket list, but it is not something I will ever do again.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby tandainla » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm

We've done private day excursions with Edventure Tours (based near Tulum) twice. The first time, the took us to Tulum, snorkeling in Cenote Dos Ojos, and snorkeling at Yal-Ku. The last time we went to their zipline park, swimming in a couple cenotes, and then swimming with sea turtles at Akumul Beach. And we invited another couple that we met at Desire so it dropped the per couple price quite a bit plus we became very good friends. Last year we came out with the family and went to Xplor which we highly recommend if you enjoy an adrenaline rush. And on our stay at DRM in a couple of weeks, we're transferring to a standard hotel for 2 nights and we booked a private tour to Chichen-Itza, Ik-Kil cenote and Ek-Balam with USA Transfers which gets good reviews on TripAdvisor. We would just recommend that whatever you decide to do, splurge for the private tour or private transportation so that you don't get stuck with a bunch of families or people asking what type of resort you're staying at.
tandainla
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Jun 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS SDC LL

Postby 4motioncpl2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Has anyone booked a day excursion through the front desk? Cenotes, Aktmal, etc? Or is it easier through a booking agency in puerto morales? Credit card, Pesos, or US dollars? This is our 5th visit and this time we have to do an excursion. in the past, we nerer want to leave the resort as to not miss out on the fun, lol
4motioncpl2

We arrive on: 04 Sep 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls - kasidie

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:32 pm

4motioncpl2 wrote:This is our 5th visit and this time we have to do an excursion. in the past, we nerer want to leave the resort as to not miss out on the fun, lol

But now you do want to miss out on the fun? Or has the fun changed? ;)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby 4motioncpl2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Well, we have to pick maybe a rainy day
4motioncpl2