Hotel name if someone needs to contact us?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Hotel name if someone needs to contact us?

Postby Teamhotel98 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:09 pm

We are first timers to the resort, and SO EXCITED! What info do we give the family back at home? I heard there is a hotel that transfers numbers?? More info appreciated
Teamhotel98

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Hotel name if someone needs to contact us?

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:36 am

This has been covered in other threads. But I'll try and give you a short answer. I've never heard of any hotels forwarding calls. If I'm not mistaken, it's been said before that Desire has a line that is answered "Original Resorts" , but I can't verify that. Our cell carrier offers free international calls if you set it up beforehand and it's easy and simple. When at Desire you are rarely in your room, so getting calls would be sketchy at best. The cell coverage down there is great, and as long as you cover the camera (they give you a sticker at check in) or just don't take pics of anyone, you are free to have your cell with you as much as you'd like. Hope that answers your question :D
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:54 am

I suppose in hindsight, your initial question was "what do we tell family back home" That's a tougher question, and depends on how prying your family is. If anyone asked, we just said "oh, it's a cool all inclusive in Cancun". There's hundreds of hotels down there, who can remember them all. Now, when you book your fourth trip in less than two years (as we have) you might have some "splain'n" to do. We eventually just started being up front to those we could trust, no fireworks yet! Oh....except for one couple that we're friends with. They were so intrigued they joined us on our last trip, and we found we were both, shall we say, were a bit more open to "the lifestyle" than we'dve thought? Lol. You get the picture ;)
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby tandainla » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:42 pm

We used to provide the "family friendly" number for Original Resorts. However we stopped when they sold their "family friendly" properties so anyone that knows how to use Google can easily figure out that you're at Desire or Temptations. We've told our family that cell phone or What's App will be the best way to reach us because we'll never be int he room (no one has called us yet). I am also able to make calls to a landline via Skype over the wi-fi connection if needed. In the past, we've told family that we stayed at Secrets Silversands and have even walked down the beach to take pictures near their pier. This year, we're telling anyone who asks that we're staying at Breathless since it's also adults only and right next door. However, I would recommend that you look at both of their websites and figure out which one fits your personality better so they don't question why you picked that one (if they're curious and look into it).
tandainla
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Jun 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS SDC LL

Postby TandD » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:22 am

This is about Pearl and I've told this story here before but anyway...

There is a place right next to Pearl called Dreams and I had decided to use that as our resort if anyone asked. The plan was to start with just "Cancun" and hope the inquires stopped right there - most people really don't care. This worked - except when it didn't.

We told my sister and BIL that we had been to "Cancun" and were going again. They said "Oh, that's where we just went!. Which hotel were you at?"

"Well, it was actually just south of Cancun in Puerto Morelos."

"Oh, us too. Where did you stay?"

Shit. "Uh, a place called Dreams."

"Oh, us too! Wasn't it great? Which restaurants are your favorites?"

f**k. "Uh, we really liked them all"

luckily they went off on how much fun it was, and how the best restaurants were the ones where the kids were not allowed so it was quieter, and never really got back to quizzing us on details - that I didn't have.

BTW, the mention of having to deal with screaming kids in contrast with the erotic atmosphere of Desire sent shivers down my spine. A common theme in many reports is how people can never go back to vanilla resorts after Desire and that is one of the main reasons (for us). The idea of being at a resort pool or bar and listening to screaming kids while imagining what it is like at Desire is soul-crushing. But I digress.

Anyway, the moral of the story is even seemingly well thought out deception plans can backfire. Another option I've heard of but not used is to say you are renting a condo - and then rely on your cell phone or wifi with apps/text.

Good luck!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby nolacmk » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Just say you are renting a condo in a little building on the beach. If someone needs you they can email or call your cell phone. Not sure about other carriers, but Verizon offers unlimited talk and data for $10/day in Mexico.
nolacmk

We arrive on: 22 Jul 2017

Postby Teamhotel98 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Thank you everyone for your advice! Getting international cell service with Verizon before we go.... and good to k so thematic wifi works down there. ! We can't wait!!! Two weeks to go....
Teamhotel98

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby whirldk28 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:09 pm

The Wi-Fi there works fantastically! I usually take my phone with me all day to pool and such... make calls on facebook messenger app... we had a uncle die and my dad had heart attack in same trip... phones worked just fine paid a little extra for international calling...
whirldk28
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 24 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya