Music in the disco

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Music in the disco

Postby TheGinger&TheGiant » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:53 pm

What type of music do they play in the disco?
TheGinger&TheGiant
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Oct 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS DDN

Re: Music in the disco

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:42 pm

First, it's always going to be impossible to satisfy everyone here so take it with a grain of salt, and I realize there will likely be those that completely disagree, that's fine, just our take...

They generally play a blend of stuff, some of everything, some club/hip hop stuff, some Latin etc...- that's the basic answer. The more opinionated answer - they typically do not do a good job of transitions between songs and honestly do a very poor job of working the crowd. If the intent is to get a sexy vibe going they usually miss the mark (it still happens sometimes but that is only because of the crowd and despite the DJ). It almost seems completely random at times, there is no flow. Typically there are a lot of abrupt changes, we always see WTF looks on people's faces and have seen several times where an abrupt change takes a packed dance floor to 3 couples dancing in 30 seconds.

I realize I'm probably making it sound horrible - it's not. It's fine, it certainly has its moments and there is fun to be had if you are with the right people, but it could be sooooo much better, there is a large amount of cultivating that could go on here that is just left on the table.

It isn't about "music I like" or what I would normally listen to, because that would be none of it, but for the purpose at hand, sensual, sexual, sultry dancing serving as foreplay this is one area where I feel that Desire really misses the mark. Even at vanilla places at home (not even large dance clubs) we see and feel the sexual vibe on the dance floor far more than at Desire and that's just plain wrong :mrgreen:

On our 3 trips inevitably it ends up with lots of Latin which isn't the greatest choice to me, it requires far more skill than I possess, especially the footwork. Standard hip hop/booty shakin' / club dance style of music makes it much easier to be natural with and is generally the easiest to learn (i.e. basically all I can do without having to really focus). Instead I usually end up fighting it, trying not to step on her feet, which takes my focus away from where it needs to be, dancing with the sexy women on the dance floor. It makes it more about the dance and less about the vibe and the vibe is what I'm after - I don't go to Desire to dance, rather dancing is part of what can enhance the Desire experience. To me the Latin music is more "yay we're happy / party time / have another drink" kind of stuff and the hip hop stuff is a more sultry "I want to f**k your brains out right now you sexy goddess dancing here before me" type of music :bj I much prefer the latter.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby CLG » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:58 pm

The music can vary but you can always request songs to the DJ, we do it all the time.

CLG
CLG

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby RobandAshley » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 am

Going for first time next week .... are people nake'd or topless in the disco?
RobandAshley
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 03 Aug 2017

Postby texascouple1208 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:37 am

RobandAshley wrote:Going for first time next week .... are people nake'd or topless in the disco?

We've only been once (headed back in November). In our experience, women were frequently topless (and/or bottomless) in the disco once the night got warmed up, but most of the men were more or less fully covered/clothed outside the play room. Some men (myself included) did wear clothing that would not be considered appropriate outside of a place like Desire, but not fully nude in the disco.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby SouthCarolinaCpl » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Biggest issue with the disco at DP is the noise it puts in the underused sin room. One night I was standing taking the Mrs from behind in the sin room next to another couple and she looked back at me like I was going to deep. It was the exact opposite,..I was hitting perfect rhythm, but I had to stop first to figure out wtf was going on as I couldn't hear her at all. Can't talk with other couples about soft swap opportunities unless you know sign language, and certainly can't hear other couples sex noise and moans which kinda dampens the atmosphere. Most nights we had the sin room to ourselves or with maybe one other couple.
SouthCarolinaCpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Apr 2024

Postby khplay8 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 pm

Mostly EDM and popular dance music like any pop dance club. They will play anything you request in our experience. Last year on our last night after most people left the disco I asked the DJ to play Firehouse Love of a lifetime and my wife and I danced to our wedding rock ballad from 23 years ago. It was pretty awesome.

Clothes mostly stay on at the disco but sometimes it gets crazy in there with the proper amount of alcohol. Our first trip ever there was one night in the disco where there was a 5 foot pile of cloths stacked on the bar. Most of the women only had mens boxes on and most were not their husbands. One of the most memorable night of our lifes.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya