Should we visit vanilla resort before or after desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Should we visit vanilla resort before or after desire

Postby ECSpicy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 am

Trying to do a comparison between five star vanilla resort vs desire. Just a little background we have been to both dp, rm and two couples resort. Last beach vacation, we went to couples San souci and thought it was rather boring. Nice facility nude beach was great but no nightlife. It's been awhile since we went on beach vacation so wife wants to try high end luxury beach resort. I mentioned splitting our time between that resort and desire. She thought it was a good idea.

So my question is should we start with desire or end with desire? Anyone have experience with this? Also we are thinking of going in feb. Can anyone give insight for that month? Groups that attend that month? Age trend? Weather or insect condition? The last two times we went in nov and in April. Nov had more insects and nights were chilly when naked
. April at least week we went temp and weather was perfect.

Thanks in advance for replying.

:US early 40's
ECSpicy
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Should we visit vanilla resort before or after desire

Postby gaviao » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:30 am

First subject, weather: last years weather at Riviera Maya is as crazy as it can be. We've had warm winters, like last one, as rainy and chilly springs, like last days of recent May. So you can't be sure. Cross your fingers and make your reservation.
Now, the important question. The only time we did a vacation combinating hotels was in Summer of 2014.

We started at Hidden Beach Resort, 4 days. As you probably know, HBR is a nudist hotel, under the terms of AANR. Our intention was live the experience of being without a single piece of clothing during several days in a row. I did, but my wife preferred wear a waist cover up for breakfast and lunch, and something sexier for dinner and disco. There were two exceptions, one when we decided going to dinner to neighbor El Dorado Resort, and the other one for going from HBR to the SPA, Sunday afternoon, when the SPA becomes nudist. We had a relaxing and romantic time at HBR, it had worth.

The second step was 8 nights at DP. We were lucky regarding weather, environment, guests, etcetera. We had a funny and erotic time. We participated in some of the activities, probably the best were Tantra yoga, Kinky darts and our own version of the corn bags game, with a couple of Romanians. Taking in mind we're not into the lifestyle, we were several times near to trepassing our boundaries.
In the sixth or seventh day, we were near of extend our stay 4 more days, but we didn't obtain a good deal.
We think tha 8 nights at DP were enough for us. It was better to stay with a little desire.

Third and last step was 4 nights at Catalonia Royal Tulum, an adults only resort at one of the best beaches in Riviera Maya, Xpu-Ha. With a majority of European guests, there were a lot of thongs and a reasonable quantity of topless ladies.
My wife hadn't packed a single bikini, so in the last moment I bought for her a red g-string bottom at DP store... and nothing else.
Coming from the nudist mood from HBR and with the daring and sexy chip from Desire, was a good combination for make several games and challenges which usually we wouldn't did. I bet we were the most daring couple at the hotel, but being an adult facility, we hadn't problems.
First of all, she always was topfree at beach, once into the pool, and twice she accepted walk from the beach to our room with her boobs exposed. Very exciting for me who was condemned to wear my speedo all the time.
For dinners, I encouraged my wife to wear very revealing outfits, almost like she wore at DP. We always received special attention from waiters, hehe!
At the beach lounger, I used to rub suntan oil on her skin in a very sensual way, receiving many stares, which tended to excite both of us.
Once, we were in the ocean, my wife lying on a floating bed. When we were far enough from the shore, I took her g-string off without an objection from her and put it around my wrist. When she wanted to return to the beach, I did not return the g-string and forced her to walk naked from the shore to the lounger. She did not seem embarrassed but proud to be the center of attention of several people. When he arrived he quarreled a little, but I think it was to keep the record, not because he was really angry.
One morning, we asked for room service breakfast. My wife was nude at the room's terrace, just after taking her bath. When the waiter came and was setting the table up, she entered to the room surprising him, who couldn't articulate a single word. But I bet he delayed his labor on purpose, taking care of each detail of the table; even, he returned after one minute taking a flower and a little vase and have the opportunity of a second review to the naked wife.

As you can see, a vanilla resort can be converted in a very funny place, if you are in the mood for doing that.
I'd recommend going after Desire.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:16 am

We'd recommend staying vanilla first if its your intention to do both. While we only go to DRM (it's as five star as we need it to be) on our last trip we had friends that stayed at Breathless next door for their first couple of days. When they arrived at DRM they went on and on about how great the facilities were at Breathless, but the vibe was lacking, and the guests weren't too social. By the end of their first day at DRM they'd made dozens of friends, and were killing the dance floor! The next morning, they felt they'd wasted the first two days of their vacation at Breathless.
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 am

Of course you should figure out what works out best for your objectives, but here is what has worked well for us...

Usually what we do is start by figuring out how many nights we are going to do at Desire - we never skimp on this, we decide how many nights is enough, taking into account how many days are available etc... Of course we always want more, but there is some number that we will figure out that is enough - typically this has been 5-6 nights, although we had one trip that was only 3 nights because of full occupancy and that turned out to be enough as well simply because we "made them count".

We try to get to Cancun a day early, this lets us have an easy travel day and also gives a buffer in case something goes wrong with the flight - in case that happens it doesn't take any time away from Desire. This allows us to arrive at Desire early in the day, charged up and ready to go. On the aforementioned 3 night trip we stayed at Breathless the first night since there were no available rooms at RM - otherwise it would've been torture.

We've considered doing a few days somewhere else before Desire but we never have for the following reasons. First, with the anticipation of Desire around the corner it simply wouldn't be as much fun and in the end would be a waste of money. Second, for us there is typically more indulgence of food and drink at a vanilla resort and that last thing I want is to arrive at the naked resort all spent and bloated. On the other hand, indulgence after 5 nights of Desire is amazingly fun - we certainly have worked up an appetite by then and it is very nice to have some time just the two of us to reflect on the wild craziness we just experienced.

We always go to a vanilla location after Desire for a few nights. We've been to the Royalton Hideaway just up the road from RM, this last time we landed at the airport and drove right past our house and straight to Nashville for a long weekend in music city. This plan has worked great in a few ways. First, we always still have Desire brain going. This is so much fun to take this into vanilla land, its a difficult feeling to describe but it's real and it's amazingly fun. Also, I need some buffer between Desire and reality - I don't think I could just go straight back.

In any case it's never really from a mindset of a split vacation, more of a Desire supplement. Unless we just had many nights to work with I'd never skimp on nights at Desire. For example if I only had 5 nights, they'd all be at Desire - a 3/2 or even 4/1 split just wouldn't be worth it.

The next wrinkle we've considered is doing our 'cool down laps' at Pearl. We've only been to RM and are curious about Pearl, however it would be too risky to just do a whole trip there - we've talked to enough couples (more than 20) who have been there and they all say the same thing, that it is indeed tamer, slower etc..., whatever you want to call it. I realize that wild times can be had there but the evidence suggests that it's even more crowd dependent than RM (I'm sure Pearl during a takeover is off the chain). In any case when that many people are telling you the same story there's generally something to it. The fact that Pearl even has a 'quiet side' of the pool for example only facilitates this phenomenon even more. In other words, when people research going to RM or Pearl they are generally going to read "RM is wilder, Pearl is more laid back". Maybe it's all just perception but that perception is definitely out there and surely that is going to steer folks one way or the other depending on what they are looking for - this is the self fulfilling prophecy effect I'm talking about.

In any case, this is based on what lots of others have told us about their own experiences, but I figure if we did 4-5 nights at RM then 2 or 3 at Pearl then we can just find out for ourselves. If it is more serene, then fine, no loss, if not then, great, party time continues, either way that's a win.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:43 am

Calicouple69 wrote:We'd recommend staying vanilla first if its your intention to do both. While we only go to DRM (it's as five star as we need it to be) on our last trip we had friends that stayed at Breathless next door for their first couple of days. When they arrived at DRM they went on and on about how great the facilities were at Breathless, but the vibe was lacking, and the guests weren't too social. By the end of their first day at DRM they'd made dozens of friends, and were killing the dance floor! The next morning, they felt they'd wasted the first two days of their vacation at Breathless.

That was exactly our experience at Breathless. The facility and staff were nice, no complaints but the people were just like any other vanilla resort. Nowhere near as social as at Desire (of course we already had Desire brain going). The topless pool consisted of my wife and one other woman being topless. One funny thing, they were getting stares from other guys in the pool, who would then get caught by their girlfirends/wives, very funny to watch that dynamic play out.

There were some friends at Desire who we had arranged to meet on the beach, so we walked up there. In that 20-30 minutes we interacted with more folks than the whole rest of the time at Breathless. So, nothing against Breathless, if I didn't know about Desire I would've thought it was great, but I do know and if not for the fact that RM was booked so it was impossible to be at Desire that night, it wouldn't have been any fun at all.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Al & Kim » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Explorer 79,
I respect your opinion but you should try Pearl. We have been to both and love both places for different reasons. Both resorts can have great and good days. (No day at Desire is bad). Pearl has fewer rooms than RM. The crowd can dictate how wild the party is at both places. The nice thing about this debate is that we have a choice. Two Desires is a good thing. I Look forward to the day when we have a third or forth choice of Desires. 8)
Al & Kim
Desire Devotee

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2023

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Al & Kim wrote:Explorer 79,
I respect your opinion but you should try Pearl. We have been to both and love both places for different reasons. Both resorts can have great and good days. (No day at Desire is bad). Pearl has fewer rooms than RM. The crowd can dictate how wild the party is at both places. The nice thing about this debate is that we have a choice. Two Desires is a good thing. I Look forward to the day when we have a third or forth choice of Desires. 8)

Yeah, we definitely want to try it, just don't want to risk the whole trip there in case it turns out to be like others have told us. And of course, I do realize that even though lots of people have told us the exact same thing that still is no substitute for finding out for ourselves. That's why we were thinking a split would work out good. As you say I can't imagine being there and having a bad time.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Al & Kim wrote:Explorer 79,

Huh..... We did not realize pearl had fewer rooms :-/ We always thought it was the opposite. Learn something new every day
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:11 pm

On a different note...... It is fun to walk by the Breathless "topless" pool in our desire attire, and watch the heads snap, and the faces get slapped. Lol
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Explorer79 wrote:
Calicouple69 wrote:We'd recommend staying vanilla first if its your intention to do both. While we only go to DRM (it's as five star as we need it to be) on our last trip we had friends that stayed at Breathless next door for their first couple of days. When they arrived at DRM they went on and on about how great the facilities were at Breathless, but the vibe was lacking, and the guests weren't too social. By the end of their first day at DRM they'd made dozens of friends, and were killing the dance floor! The next morning, they felt they'd wasted the first two days of their vacation at Breathless.

That was exactly our experience at Breathless. The facility and staff were nice, no complaints but the people were just like any other vanilla resort. Nowhere near as social as at Desire (of course we already had Desire brain going). The topless pool consisted of my wife and one other woman being topless. One funny thing, they were getting stares from other guys in the pool, who would then get caught by their girlfirends/wives, very funny to watch that dynamic play out.

There were some friends at Desire who we had arranged to meet on the beach, so we walked up there. In that 20-30 minutes we interacted with more folks than the whole rest of the time at Breathless. So, nothing against Breathless, if I didn't know about Desire I would've thought it was great, but I do know and if not for the fact that RM was booked so it was impossible to be at Desire that night, it wouldn't have been any fun at all.

Just to add to your experience, we were the friends that walked up the beach to meet our friends staying at Breathless. And guess what? They met more Breathless guest while we were visiting with them than they had in the previous two days. The security at Breathless were not rude, but VERY wary of us "Desire people". Lol
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:Just to add to your experience, we were the friends that walked up the beach to meet our friends staying at Breathless. And guess what? They met more Breathless guest while we were visiting with them than they had in the previous two days. The security at Breathless were not rude, but VERY wary of us "Desire people". Lol

The "Desire Effect" in full force!
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya