Foam Party experiences

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Foam Party experiences

Postby gitem1 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Hey, everyone...

Another question from first timers !

We have read just about everything there is to read on here about the foam party, but there aren't many details about the experience itself. I know every crowd is different, but can anyone relate their personal experiences and give us an idea of what to expect and/or look forward to? Any advice other than beware of stinging eyes?

Thanks everyone, your help is appreciated!
gitem1

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2017

Re: Foam Party experiences

Postby Calicouple69 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:21 pm

You've pretty much got it. The bubbles get 3 to 5 feet high in places at times. It's fun, but unless you're really into it it's kinda.......meh. Lol
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Calicouple69 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Lol. Another thing, yes it will sting your eyes, no, you can't breathe the bubbles. That being said, if you're into it, it's hella fun!
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

Postby khplay8 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Yea we agree it's fun but kinda over rated. It gets claustrophobic when the bubbles get so far above your head you can't see the sky and are breathing in bubbles. So now we mostly just hang out on the outskirts of it. My wife prefers to wear a bikini bottom to prevent and accidental touches not that it's ever happened. It just makes her comfortable.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Vixen and Him » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 am

Here's our experiences with the foam party. It's only foam, and its a fun resort but every time it happens it seems like the rest of the day and night is more fun. So yes to foam lol :L
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby Fun Couple » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:14 pm

So...here's my 2¢ on the foam party. Two years ago was our first trip to Desire (or any similar type resort) and we had close to zero idea as to what to expect while there. We met some cool cats from NC who filled us in on the resort as a whole. In our conversations it came out that we all enjoy EDM music, and so they filled us in about the foam party on Fridays. It sounded fun...but when it happened...It was (in my opinion) a freaking blast! Two years ago, it seemed nearly everyone was in the pool participating. It was probably one of my fondest memories of that trip, and one of the biggest things I looked forward to this year. We were there from 19-23July this year and the crowd seemed a bit different than the crowd two years ago...not sure why...and not in a bad way...just a different crowd. It didn't seem like the same overwhelming large number of people were into it as compared to our first experience. I guess you could say I work a stressful job. Because of that certain occupation (along with now being a "responsible" parent, etc) I don't get to go to any raves at all anymore, or even many clubs that much anymore. For me...this was my release. I don't know exactly what it is about spraying soap bubbles into a pool that makes me (and maybe others) instantly smile, temporarily lose my mind, and have an amazing time...but it does! For 1 to 1.5 hours while that EDM music is pumping, and the foam is flowing, and my eyes are occasionally stinging, and my lungs are occasionally begging for oxygen, I don't have a care in the world! The only time I might take a break is to get another mojito, a long passionate kiss from the Mrs, then it's back into the foam! Does it sting your eyes? It can, some people more than others (saw a couple cats with ski goggles on this year - hilarious!). Does it hurt your lungs? I'm no Dr...but I think your lungs prefer oxygen over soap foams, or so I've been told. If you get a huge breath of the foam in (which I've done) it can be a bit uncomfortable, but nothing a mojito can't fix. To my knowledge, there's never been any unclaimed bodies floating around when the foam cleared. Does everyone participate? Nah. Does it fill the entire pool? No, the bar area and a good distance away is usually foam free. Do they play Barry Manilow during it? NO! Do people grope you under the water/foam? Never heard of anyone who sounded angry about it if it did happen, but I think almost everyone there is very respectable. I think it's something you have to experience at least just once. If you don't like it, you can always get out. Funniest quote I heard during the foam party this year..."Forget the drinks, save yourself!" Hope this helped.
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2017

Postby Calicouple69 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:41 pm

We'd say that's a very good take on the foam party experience! We heard they used to do it on the tennis court........kinda woulda liked to at least experience that. But the pool is fun!
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

Postby Trifecta » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Under foam groping? Yup. My wife was grabbed by a guy under the water during the foam party. She's a bit of a "live and let live" type and blew off the interaction as just "one of those things" but I felt a little violated on her behalf. Didn't ruin the vacation or anything but when a bunch of sexy folks are parading around naked all day its bound to happen from time to time. Just be vigilant I guess. Just because you are on vacation, you still have to watch out for your own personal space.
Trifecta
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Postby mickjaggeroo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:41 pm

What do you actually do in the foam that is so much fun?
Greeneyesforu on sls
mickjaggeroo
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby TandD » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:36 pm

mickjaggeroo wrote:What do you actually do in the foam that is so much fun?

I think the thing about the foam party is mainly that "it's different". It's something you've never (presumably) done before and it's new. The foam starts blowing and you think "Okay, this is cool and could be fun." But then it keeps building, and the music starts pumping, and the ECs start coming around with water bottles of alcohol, and jello shots. People start whooping it up and bashing beach balls around. It's basically just another excuse to go crazy and at Desire, going crazy has some implications that other resorts don't have...

Now to be clear, this is not a license for everyone to dump all the rules that always apply regarding touching and respect and people are not just going around grabbing people they don't know. But maybe you are with a group and already hitting it off. The atmosphere might encourage you to push the envelope a bit.

For us, our first time was a blast. It was new, and crazy and a hell of a lot of fun.

After four trips now, it's not quite the novelty it was at first. It's still fun but it's not the OMG! thing it was that first time.

HTH
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby gitem1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:12 am

Thanks very much for all of your insight... Helpful, as always!
gitem1

We arrive on: 05 Oct 2017

Postby Fun Couple » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 am

Lol, Reading that just made me smile and laugh a bit. Why? I honestly have no idea! It's such a simple question, but when you try to explain it, your answer sounds like it comes up short. That's the thing...it's just fun. Taking a bath is good and all, but add bubbles...and sweet Jesus, it turns a good experience into an unforgettable and amazing one! To answer the question: you jump around, dance around, toss beach balls around, maybe take some shots from the entertainers, some people put their lady friend on their shoulders and they dance around with other women. In my opinion, the only thing that could make it better is if it would be at night with lasers. Just a word of caution, the foam may wash away your sunscreen and you don't realize it.
Fun Couple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2017

Postby Lkncouple » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 am

I actually liked the foam party best when they did it at night outside the lobby. I can understand why they quit, it was a bit dangerous, but it was a blast doing it out of the water.

My biggest tip is to back into the foam or splash in front of you to make a tunnel so it does not get into your eyes. It is a lot of fun.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Trifecta » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Although the take home message is:

1) try not to suffocate
2) pretend your eyes aren't burning in sulfuric acid even though they are
3) protect your personal space

which sounds awful, actually it is fun just cause its like a giant bubble bath for adults. :D
Trifecta
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Postby Sweetie 2483 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Our 4 th trip to desire is in Oct. and it will be our 1st foam party. Some how we were never there in a Friday we made sure we wouldn't miss it this trip. We're really looking forward to it. I've been to foam party's at clubs but never in a pool. It's always fun sneaking up on people in the foam. 8)
Sweetie 2483
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 19 Oct 2017

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya