Our own bottles

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Our own bottles

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:21 am

Exoticcouple wrote:So no alcohol sold at the airport upon arival? That's ok I guess. I wanted to actually have some premium stock like Patron and crown royal black label possibly some grey goose. Being that this is our first trip to Desire we are a little worried not because of the resort but the supply chain itself. We have been to Mexico many times before at vanilla resorts and never ever had an issue.

Yes, absolutely you can buy it at the airport, same area as baggage claim, you'll see it.
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Exoticcouple » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:30 am

gaviao wrote:Don't be paranoic and please don't act as those "ugly Gringos" we really hate in Mexico.
You are "happy Canadians", so show more tolerance towards third world countries.
Trust in a world class hotel like Desire.

I have been reading several of those articles. It seems to me that everything is part of a smear campaign towards the resorts of Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
My company is a supplier of one of the most affected resorts: Iberostar. I can say that they have a quality department that is extremely strict when selecting suppliers and products. They demand a lot and have no objection to paying slightly higher prices than the average, in exchange for quality assurance and compliance.
I find it very difficult for them to buy adulterated alcohol for saving a few cents.
Let's look at the case from the other side of the counter: I have witnessed how many guests abuse alcohol simply because it is "free" or because they feel free outside their country. I do not rule out that some of those guests mix alcohol with some other substance.
Another client recently asked me for 120 signs warning that bartenders will deny drinks to those who are visibly intoxicated. They have placed these notices in all consumer centers in their hotels. The company has made this determination because of the campaign in social networks.
After 14 years of being a customer of Desire, "I put my hand on the fire" for the quality of the drinks they offer to customers.

Thank you for the reassurance the reason this question was brought up was because of the direct thread that was started in this forum point out mysterious illnesses at Desire. Believe me I spent a lot of money for the 7 days being there and last thing I want is an issue as a first time visitor. After reading the thread all the guests swear they did not mix.any other drugs or mind altering additives to their drinks. Some from only one drink were effeced. I understand the frustration this must cause the hotels and staff but let's be very clear about this. Visitors are here on this forum website complaining about mysterious illnesses that are effecting them and all are very similar to eschother. We are all here to have fun,getaway, and come back home safe with new wonderful experiences and its a shame that this is now a topic of discussion. We now moving on and won't bother with the topic any further as we have nothing to add to the discussion . Thank you all for clarity.
LS and Desire Newbies.
Exoticcouple
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 05 Jul 2018

Postby brewandsue » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:38 am

Exoticcouple wrote:So no alcohol sold at the airport upon arival? That's ok I guess. I wanted to actually have some premium stock like Patron and crown royal black label possibly some grey goose. Being that this is our first trip to Desire we are a little worried not because of the resort but the supply chain itself. We have been to Mexico many times before at vanilla resorts and never ever had an issue.

We have been to Pearl 5 times, to DRM 2 times and to Temptation once. We have NEVER had a problem with tainted alcohol or any of the purported " mysterious issues."
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby Vixen and Him » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:33 pm

We've been there 19 times. Twice we've had this issue in the last 12 months.
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby texascouple_sdc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 pm

We've never brought / bought our own liquor to Desire but... for our 2018 trip, we are toying with the idea of a couple of bottles of fireball (Desire does NOT stock it).
DRM - Jun '12, Jul '13, Jun '14, Jun '15, Jun '16, Jun '17, Jun '18, Jul/Aug '20
SDC: texascouple
C4P: texascouple
texascouple_sdc
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 24 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC and C4P

Postby khplay8 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm

texascouple_sdc wrote:We've never brought / bought our own liquor to Desire but... for our 2018 trip, we are toying with the idea of a couple of bottles of fireball (Desire does NOT stock it).

Fireball is always a welcome addition to Desire.

Maybe the tainted alcohol is the secret sauce that makes Desire so much more fun.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby texascouple_sdc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 pm

khplay8 wrote:Fireball is always a welcome addition to Desire.

Maybe the tainted alcohol is the secret sauce that makes Desire so much more fun.

So, we pretty much have this worked out for our needs. We are going to buy (6) 1 liter Fireball bottles - three for hubby and three for wifey. Each adult is allowed 3 liters per person. Since we are staying 16 nights, we fear 6 liters will NOT be enough for 2 people ..plus we absolutely love to share our booze. One does NOT drink fireball alone at a Desire Party.. hahaha! Does anyone know of a liquor store between the airport and Desire? That's only assuming the shuttle service would make a small stop to allow us to pick up some extra bottles. It may be against their policies to travel elsewhere other than straight to and straight from Desire. I'm told by word of mouth that the Cancun airport does not stock it. Can anyone advise?

(PS.. we tried calling the resort last week about having some extra bottles waiting for us in our room. The cost was $45 for a single 750ml bottle. That's a tad high if we wanted to buy another 6 bottles.. here in Texas, a 1 liter bottle would set us back around $16.00). $270 for (6) 750ml bottles vs. $96 for (6) 1 liter bottles... hmmmm.
DRM - Jun '12, Jul '13, Jun '14, Jun '15, Jun '16, Jun '17, Jun '18, Jul/Aug '20
texascouple_sdc
Desire Addict

Postby CokeMann » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:58 pm

texascouple_sdc wrote:Does anyone know of a liquor store between the airport and Desire?

There are none between the airport and either Desire property.

Best I can suggest is if you use USA transfers you can pay $30 dollars for a 30min side trip to the Walmart in Cancun - directly across the road from Walmart is a place called La Europea. They have the 750ml bottles of Fireball listed at 372 Pesos(about $21 USD) each
http://www.laeuropea.com.mx/whisky-fireball-750-ml
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Exoticcouple » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:21 pm

We got back a few days ago and let me tell you something!... it was the best vacation we have ever had. So many things off our bucket list is now checked off! Thanks to all the staff and guests for making this trip the most memorial we have ever had! Zero issues with the alcohol they had premium selection. We purchased our own bottle of Crown at the duty free and after day one felt like idiots for doing so! No black outs, no tainted alcohol and zero problems. Thanks everyone for all the care and patience with us, we will come back most likely July 1st again about 11 months after our first trip that we just had. We are now new Desire Lovers!
LS and Desire Newbies.
Exoticcouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 05 Jul 2018

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:24 pm

:L
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby texascouple_sdc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:39 pm

CokeMann wrote:There are none between the airport and either Desire property.

Best I can suggest is if you use USA transfers you can pay $30 dollars for a 30min side trip to the Walmart in Cancun - directly across the road from Walmart is a place called La Europea. They have the 750ml bottles of Fireball listed at 372 Pesos(about $21 USD) each
http://www.laeuropea.com.mx/whisky-fireball-750-ml

Cokemann, as always, thanks for the excellent suggestion. I'll hit up late May / early June crowd threads to see if there are other couples who would like to take a quick trip with us over to Walmart or La Europea on June 1st.
texascouple_sdc
Desire Addict

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya