Men: Will you participate in theme nights?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Men: Will you participate in theme nights?

Postby Sunjunkies » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 pm

We will be participating in all of the theme nights ( 8 nights ) gives us a chance to break out of our comfort zone.
Sunjunkies
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Dec 2016

Postby lnjnnc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 pm

I once wore a white cooking apron (male here) to white night (JUST the apron).

Back when they had 'bare as you dare', I once wore a single dark sock.

Honestly, theme nights are ALL about the women. We have friends traveling with us, so I'll likely do one or two of the theme nights this year.
lnjnnc
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Oct 2017

Postby TheGinger&TheGiant » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:04 am

Both of us will be participating in most of the theme nights. Looking forward to it. We've never been to a hotel that had theme nights we could prepare for. Our one stay at TTR was last minute and didn't allow us time to get theme apparel.
TheGinger&TheGiant
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Oct 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS DDN

Postby nokidclub » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Both of us are participating in all the theme nights for sure!
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby TandD » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 am

I probably won't this year. I mean I'll participate by going but I'm probably not going to put much effort into an outfit.

The last two years we went as "Dr. Desire and his Naughty Nurse". Wife was dressed up in a naughty nurse outfit (natch) and got lots of rave reviews. I got cheep surgical scrubs - including one of those caps - and then put some effort into designing a Dr. Desire "logo" that I printed out on iron-on paper and transferred to the back of the shirt. It had "Dr. Desire and his Naughty Nurse" and splashes of "Free Breast Evaluations!" as well. I also printed out business cards with random phrases like "Bodacious" and "Terrific Ta Tas" on them, which I handed out to basically everyone I met.

The reaction was kind of a collective yawn. People smiled and acknowledged the effort I guess but I didn't get nearly the reaction I had anticipated in my head. Now I'm no Adonis but I'm not a pariah/creep either. I have at least a little hot tub game. Maybe there were women who *did* appreciate my effort - as everyone seems to say here - or maybe it was only clever to me (which happens from time to time so...) but for me, it didn't seem to make much of an impact.

Our limited carryon space is best dedicated to her outfits and shoes anyway so I'll just go Miami Vice casual for the theme nights probably and I'll have a blast ogling her in whatever theme outfit she has on.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby nanook » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:36 pm

Male here, for the most part I participate in almost all of the theme nights. But I do know what you are talking about a lot of men don't, would rather just check out what the women are wearing I guess or didn't prep before coming to the resort. As for not much selection for males, if you do your homework you will find all sorts of outfits or use your imagination. The parties are much more fun when the guys are dressed as well, this is the place to do things you would not do at home. Have fun with it. ;) :CAN
nanook
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Nov 2021

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:02 am

nanook wrote:Male here, for the most part I participate in almost all of the theme nights. But I do know what you are talking about a lot of men don't, would rather just check out what the women are wearing I guess or didn't prep before coming to the resort. As for not much selection for males, if you do your homework you will find all sorts of outfits or use your imagination. The parties are much more fun when the guys are dressed as well, this is the place to do things you would not do at home. Have fun with it. ;) :CAN

:L :L
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby canadiantakeover » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:59 pm

We both dress up. One of the negative changes to Desire over the past few years has been a change of focus from everyone dressing-up to only sexy suggestions for women. Most suggested men's attire is "show-up in a black or white shirt".

Fortunately on our past two trips we've met some groups with very inventive men (maybe inventive wives? :)), which can make for a very fun night!

tl;dr: dress-up. The ladies like it, and appreciate you putting in the effort!
RM - Jan 2015, Jan 2016, Jan 2017, Aug 2017
Next up: RM - Jan 2018!

The rumours about us are true, eh!
canadiantakeover
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2016

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya