Men: Will you participate in theme nights?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Men: Will you participate in theme nights?

Postby chicagoan69 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 am

My DH would like to participate in theme nights--but on our last trip the men only did GLOW night.

As a woman, it was weird to be in the nightclub in a "theme" night with only women dressed up and men in regular clothes. (or 2% of men participating).

SO men-what's the deal?
Chicagoan69 and ChiWolve
May 2016
Sept 2017
Aug 25-29, 2018
chicagoan69
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Sep 2017

Re: Men: Will you participate in theme nights?

Postby us_cnp » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 am

We are planning on participating in 3 of the theme nights while we are there......I have 2 outfits all ready but must admit it is much nicer watching her trying on outfits than me!!

:CAN
us_cnp
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Oct 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF Nakedworld

Postby D&H » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:03 am

We are both participating in most theme nights for our trip. I'm having to get creative with his costumes.
D&H
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 Dec 2020

Postby SMC » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 am

I'm participating in every night. To each their own, I can understand why someone wouldn't want to. However, it seems like an easy way to get some attention and get the party started. My outfits are half sexy, half funny. Fun props to go with. I am not the outgoing type usually so this is my chance to let loose like I can't while I'm at vanilla functions. Just don't give me the stink eye if I'm getting extra attention while the "boring" guys are stuck just standing around. ;)
SMC
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Aug 2017

Postby bmerryman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:36 am

On our first trip to Desire I (the man) did not participate in the theme nights. I would guess a little shy and unsure exactly how to fit in on the themes. But on our second trip I went all out and participated in all the theme nights. I had a blast and got lots of attention. Guys, so it, if nothing else than the fun you will have!
Desire RM 01/03/16
Desire RM 04/12/17
Desire RM 06/05/18
Desire RM 11/09/19
bmerryman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2019

Postby Bones » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:07 am

I'm planning on it for the 5days we are there. A lot easier finding/figuring out hers than mine. Like what the hell am I going to wear for BDSM night...
C4P: bonesnwifey
Bones
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Oct 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby day5758 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Bones wrote:I'm planning on it for the 5days we are there. A lot easier finding/figuring out hers than mine. Like what the hell am I going to wear for BDSM night...

I definitely agree on that one. A lot easier to find womens costumes. Dressing up as a guy will be fun (we did it every night last time) but that BDSM night will be more hilarious than anything! We'll be there when you guys are so we will see how the whips and chains look! :shock:
day5758
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 18 Oct 2019

Postby adxxx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:41 pm

We help organize the themes for the Life on the Swingset Desire takeovers. I (he) will definitely be dressed in theme every night.

D
Desire RM: Nov '12, July '13, Nov '13, Nov '14, Nov '15, Nov '16, Nov '17
Desire Pearl: April '18
adxxx
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Nov 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC CD

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 pm

chicagoan69 wrote:My DH would like to participate in theme nights--but on our last trip the men only did GLOW night.

As a woman, it was weird to be in the nightclub in a "theme" night with only women dressed up and men in regular clothes. (or 2% of men participating).

SO men-what's the deal?

I always do theme wear every night and have never felt even close to alone. Sounds like in part just some bad luck. I've never seen male participation that low unless it was the ill famed tape art night where only a handful of men or women participated (which I imagine is why the canceled it). Havanana nights and White Affair seem to be a theme with less participation which I get, those are less "Desire sexy" type of themes in general to me, but hey, I like seeing lots of slut-wear more than a flowery dress or plain white. Glow night was one of my favorites for sure and I'd replace either of those two in a second if I had the choice.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby me & sandman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Wife and I tried to particpate in most theme nights. It seemed to make it more fun. We will be participating in most of them again in Oct especially for Haloween.
me & sandman

We arrive on: 0-10-2016

Postby JandH » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

I try to, but some nights I just can't come up with anything.
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby desireaddict » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:48 pm

We both always participate. Too much fun to miss!

Too bad they discontinued the ABC (Anything But Clothes) or Bare as you Dare theme as it really allowed for some very creative ideas.
Hopefully back for 2018??? (Desire Mgmt -- are your reading this?)
Definitely better than Nautical or Havana Nights themes.
BDSM didn't have much participation either. Who wants to wear lots of leather or latex at 85°?
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby adxxx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:16 pm

desireaddict wrote:Who wants to wear lots of leather or latex at 85°?

raises hand

D
Desire RM: Nov '12, July '13, Nov '13, Nov '14, Nov '15, Nov '16, Nov '17
Desire Pearl: April '18
adxxx
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Nov 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC CD

Postby Desireus2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:27 pm

I always do. It's a lot of fun. I usually have one night where I wear a kilt, skirt or my Fujian Sulu. For what ever reason women seem to like to put their hands up an outfit with an open bottom. One year they weren't going to seat me in Salo because of my Sulu. Told me I couldn't wear shorts. I politely pointed out the Sulu isn't shorts and is the national dress of Fiji. Not seating me could be seen as an insult to their nation. For about the next six to eight minutes there were multiple conferences between numerous Desire employees, think Benny Hill music, as they scurried around. Then we were seated. Had they held their ground I would have put a pair of pants on. It wasn't a big deal.

A friend of ours won the ABC contest. She wore seven inch heels and a strap on.
David and Julie
April 24 - April 30 2022
10th time
Hilton Head SC
Desireus2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 24 Apr 2022

Postby khplay8 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:01 pm

SMC wrote:I'm participating in every night. To each their own, I can understand why someone wouldn't want to. However, it seems like an easy way to get some attention and get the party started. My outfits are half sexy, half funny. Fun props to go with. I am not the outgoing type usually so this is my chance to let loose like I can't while I'm at vanilla functions. Just don't give me the stink eye if I'm getting extra attention while the "boring" guys are stuck just standing around. ;)

Exactly.
I love wearing outrageous costumes usually kinda sexy but mostly fun, funny and playful. It is a great easy way to get attention from the women. They always show their appreciation for participating.

We liked last years themes much better. We usually take a couple nights off if the theme isn't something we are into.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya