NFN

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

NFN

Postby alanwar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Has anyone used NFN for booking a stay at Desire ? I am looking for any kind of feedback before I hand over thousands of dollars to them. When speaking to them on the phone they seemed ok, but given this board I figured someone must have dealt with them.

In general is it better to book directly with the resort or with one of the TA like NFN, castaways, etc.

Thank you,
Alan
alanwar

Postby CokeMann » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:14 pm

There is no single answer to
In general is it better to book directly with the resort or with one of the TAs that specialize in Desire

Here are a couple of things to keep in mind

The following TAs specialize in Desire and probably, year after year, book the most rooms at Desire: DennyP, Castaways, CharTravel, GoClassy, NFN and therefore probably have more pull(if required) with the resort.

I would definitely stay away from any Internet only booking sites !

1. If it is a group takeover week you will have to book directly with the TA who the group has designated - you will not be able to book thru Desire for that group

2. You will basically get the same price either from Desire directly or thru any of the TAs that specialize in Desire

Here are some thoughts about doing it either way

- booking direct - works well but there may be some communications (language) issues during the process

- booking thru one of the TAs that specialize in Desire - personalized service via phone/email in English, also many of these TAs will include bonus perqs if you book with them - ie free transfers etc
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby CandyLou » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:24 pm

We used NFN on a Desire trip in Cabo. They were very professional, and sent everything to us by mail. They even sent NFN Mugs as well as beachtowel hooks and arranged shuttle back and forth
CandyLou
Desire Convert

Postby sensualcnds » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Coke's posting above... We have also had very good experiences working with Travel SDC over the years.
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Coke's posting above... We have also had very good experiences working with Travel SDC over the years.

Yes, but generally for group travel or takeovers - compared to the TAs I mentioned above who specialize in individual bookings
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby sensualcnds » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:35 am

No problem Coke - this was the first year we booked with a group through SDC - previously we had just used them as individual bookings :) Just thought I would share!
K

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to all of our fellow Canadians!
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya