First time

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: First time

Postby Naturalfantasies » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Don't be nervous, be excited. We have made 7 trips over the past 3 years and what we have learned is that Desire is what you want it to be. If you just want a romantic getaway for two, not a problem. If you want a fun filled party with the best people in he world and no LS pressure, not a problem. If you want to mingle and enjoy LS activities with the best people in the world, not a problem. Desire is the most laid back, non judgemental place we have ever been, so relax, have fun clothed or nude,and make the trip what you want it to be.

S & D :US
KIK: NatFanD
Naturalfantasies
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2023

Postby gibor » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:36 pm

para4ms wrote:Where are the LS plays usually going and how does it start? For example, do people meet in the hot tub or bar or ... and than they go somewhere to privacy?
PS: If it's inappropriate question, just ignore it. Thanks

Actually, it's a very valid question :). We came to DRM for a first time last Nov (going this Dec) and were curious about the same. :)
Before this trip we were 100% monogamous :). We talked about an hour with 2 nice couples from UK in jacuzzi, and after about 10 tequilas, I realized that one of the girls is sitting on my laps.... My wife mentioned that I'm too shy and ... encouraged me :). And I took the opportunity :) This is how it's all started :roll: After couples of days, my wife and myself started to initiate contact by ourselves :).
Gradually we expanded our boundaries...and ended with "everything except coitus" with others :).
btw, we liked a lot jacuzzi, it's very romantic to make up when on the fresh air and when shooting stars are falling , but didn't like too much the "sin room" - too gloomy and not romantic (for us)
gibor
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Dec 2017

Postby Desert Dwellers » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:56 pm

para4ms wrote:Where are the LS plays usually going and how does it start? For example, do people meet in the hot tub or bar or ... and than they go somewhere to privacy?
PS: If it's inappropriate question, just ignore it. Thanks

We've been in the LS for about 12 years now and have moved from nervous first timers woried about being naked in front of other people to full swap at the drop of a hat...

One thing we have learned over and over again is that you cant plan for tomorrow. If it feels right, go for it right now! Things change in a few hours and the magic can disappear in an instant. We used to be intimidated when we'd start to know another couple and as soon as they found out we were "taking it slow" they would move on to someone else. We COMPLETELY get it now. I dont mean to come off like the "bedpost notching" hardcore swinger here, but people only have X number of days at the resort and many dont want to spend their whole week trying to cultivate a romance. Its just sex- get to it.

I think the bottom line is that "play" can happen anytime, anywhere. When in doubt, just ask (but be prepared to act!).
Desert Dwellers
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017

Postby foreveryoung » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:29 am

We are going to Desire for the first time in December and would love to make connections with others, prior to arriving. I have attempted to join both resort, December groups, with no luck. I have tried the yahoo group page...Does anyone have advice on how to connect with people who will be there, the same time?

Also, other first timers who just returned from DRM or Pearl, what was your experience like? Did you meet people, you were compatible with? We're very curious to to hear...

Thanks!
foreveryoung

We arrive on: 17 Apr 2018

Postby gibor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:28 am

foreveryoung wrote:We are going to Desire for the first time in December and would love to make connections with others, prior to arriving. I have attempted to join both resort, December groups, with no luck. I have tried the yahoo group page...Does anyone have advice on how to connect with people who will be there, the same time?

Also, other first timers who just returned from DRM or Pearl, what was your experience like? Did you meet people, you were compatible with? We're very curious to to hear...

Thanks!

It's strange that you cannot connect to yahoo group.... Did you try one below?
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DesireDecember/info

I joined this group w/o any problem.....there are about 30 couples in this group and a lot of newbies :)

P.S. Just realized that you are going to Pearl.... in the group vast majority are going to RM, only 2 couples or to Pearl
gibor
Desire Addict

Postby foreveryoung » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:19 am

gibor wrote:
foreveryoung wrote:We are going to Desire for the first time in December and would love to make connections with others, prior to arriving. I have attempted to join both resort, December groups, with no luck. I have tried the yahoo group page...Does anyone have advice on how to connect with people who will be there, the same time?

Thanks!

It's strange that you cannot connect to yahoo group.... Did you try one below?
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DesireDecember/info

I joined this group w/o any problem.....there are about 30 couples in this group and a lot of newbies :)

P.S. Just realized that you are going to Pearl.... in the group vast majority are going to RM, only 2 couples or to Pearl

Actually, we have really been torn on which resort to visit. We will only have 5 days and we have bean leaning towards RM. I want to have it confirmed by today, but want to make sure we are meeting people we would be compatible with, age, interests, etc...

I was able to request one group, for Nov but haven't heard back. The December RM group, didn't have a button to click join. I have emailed someone but not sure I'm contacting the right person.
foreveryoung

Postby gibor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:41 am

I was able to request one group, for Nov but haven't heard back. The December RM group, didn't have a button to click join. I have emailed someone but not sure I'm contacting the right person.

On Dec yahoo group , there several couples from US and Australia who are newbies and coming to RM for the 1st time and they are same ages like you guys. We're going for 2nd time, but also still considering ourselves as newbies :D ,
I'll post your concern on our yahoo group, so the owner would be able to help you to join
gibor
Desire Addict

Postby foreveryoung » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 pm

gibor wrote:On Dec yahoo group , there several couples from US and Australia who are newbies and coming to RM for the 1st time and they are same ages like you guys. We're going for 2nd time, but also still considering ourselves as newbies :D ,
I'll post your concern on our yahoo group, so the owner would be able to help you to join

Thank you so much! I went ahead and booked RM, hoping I made the right choice! :)
foreveryoung

Postby desireaddict » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:22 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
gibor wrote:On Dec yahoo group , there several couples from US and Australia who are newbies and coming to RM for the 1st time and they are same ages like you guys. We're going for 2nd time, but also still considering ourselves as newbies :D ,

Thank you so much! I went ahead and booked RM, hoping I made the right choice! :)

With having to choose between DRM and DP, you can't make a "wrong" choice!
Please post a trip report when you return.

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby gibor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:01 pm

foreveryoung wrote:

We;ve been last year for a 1st time in RM and liked it a lot :). This December going to RM for a 2nd time, so see you there :).
From talks with other couples I understand that Pearl a bit more up-scale and RM is more fun :D , also it's usually cheaper....
When you join Yahoo group, you may want to join also Kik group, much more talk there than on yahoo
gibor
Desire Addict

Postby foreveryoung » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:09 pm

We;ve been last year for a 1st time in RM and liked it a lot :). This December going to RM for a 2nd time, so see you there :).
From talks with other couples I understand that Pearl a bit more up-scale and RM is more fun :D , also it's usually cheaper....
When you join Yahoo group, you may want to join also Kik group, much more talk there than on yahoo[/quote]

Thanks for reaching out about the yahoo group, they accepted my request today, but I'm not sure what Kik is. How do I find the group name? Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I appreciate the info.
foreveryoung

Postby gibor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks for reaching out about the yahoo group, they accepted my request today, but I'm not sure what Kik is. How do I find the group name? Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I appreciate the info.

Months ago I also had no idea about kik :).
This is app that you can install for free to you cell. After you install it, app will ask to take picture of the kik code (you can find this picture in photos of the Yahoo group). After this you will be able to chat instantly with whole group at the same time or with specific member).
P.S. It will be good if you also post your photo in Yahoo group photo section.

Hope this helps
gibor
Desire Addict

Postby aemn811 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm

My wife and I have been going to Desire Resorts for 10 years and like Pearl the best. Once you get past the nudity you are good to go. While swingers are there too you have no worry if you are not one. Just avoid those times when there is a swinger's takeover. We are from Seattle, if you are planning to for the first time, we would be happy to meet you and share our experiences.
Dave and Carolyn
aemn811

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Nov 2017

Postby tan44 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Desert Dwellers wrote:
One thing we have learned over and over again is that you cant plan for tomorrow. If it feels right, go for it right now! Things change in a few hours and the magic can disappear in an instant.

:L :L :L
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

Postby Lufe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:16 pm

foreveryoung wrote:

We will (34-36 years old) be at DRM from nov 30 to dec 4th . 2 nd time but also considering as newbies
Lufe

We are from: Colombia
We arrive on: 30 Nov 2017

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya