How much days I should plan my trip?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

How much days I should plan my trip?

Postby Johnsaas » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm visiting this august. Very new so can someone tell me how much days I should plan my trip?
Johnsaas
Desire Convert

We are from: Pakistan
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 06 Mar 2018

Re: How much days I should plan my trip?

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:41 pm

You'll have to do what makes sense for you of course but if it's the first trip I would recommend at least 4-5 nights - this allows you some buffer time to get comfortable with the environment. Some people adjust quickly, others take longer - you want to have enough nights so that when the light bulb clicks and you realize your "Desire Brain" is fully active that it's not already time to checkout, that would be horribly disappointing, don't want to leave with any regrets. Also, the longer they stay the less pressure you put on yourself and can just relax and enjoy the ride.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby desireaddict » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:27 am

We agree with Explorer -- anything less than 5 nights is too little considering the jetlag (from here) etc.
OTOH, we split 12 nights (8 @ DRM & 4 @ TTR) a few years ago, and that's too long to be living out of a suitcase.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:38 am

desireaddict wrote:We agree with Explorer -- anything less than 5 nights is too little considering the jetlag (from here) etc.
OTOH, we split 12 nights (8 @ DRM & 4 @ TTR) a few years ago, and that's too long to be living out of a suitcase.

Totally agree with DA, min of 5 nights, our max was also 12, split equally between RM & Pearl. While it was nice to end one vacation and basically start the next 10 minutes down the road, we were dragging by night #11. Regardless, we love our Desire trips and plan them at least twice a year.
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby GoldCoCouple » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:54 pm

No matter how many nights you book, you will end up wishing you booked more. 5 is the minimum but I would say book 7. That way you have a day to get ready to go and a day to recover before you enter back into the 'real world'.
GoldCoCouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, Swingersboard

Postby Racecity12 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm

The first time we went we spent 4 days at Pearl and 4 days at Excellence Resort since this was our first time at Pearl. We were newbies and weren't sure how she would feel about it. This next trip we are spending 7 nights at DP. That is what works for us. All agree less than 5 is not enough.
Racecity12
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 23 Feb 2018

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 pm

GoldCoCouple wrote:No matter how many nights you book, you will end up wishing you booked more. 5 is the minimum but I would say book 7. That way you have a day to get ready to go and a day to recover before you enter back into the 'real world'.

One thing we stumbled upon since our first trip that has worked very well is that we always go to a vanilla location right after Desire for a few days (we've gone up the road to the Royalton or we've gone to another city, Nashville last time). This is how we get that buffer between Desire and reality. This was very helpful for us, especially on the first couple of trips where our minds were still processing all the crazy fun stuff that went on I don't think I could've just gone straight home. For our first trip it ended up being 5 nights at Desire then 3 nights elsewhere.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby two4funinpa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:52 pm

For us 7 is perfect. We've stayed less (not enough) and more (seeing theme nights more than once gets a little old). We're going for 9 nights our next trip because it works best for airfare, mileage, etc., and are spending our first 2 nights at Temptations to check it out.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby red88vette » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:05 pm

We went 5 nights for our first time at Pearl back in May, wow, Eyes Wide Open. Explorer79 I am with you on a transition period, it took us a while to absorb it all. Wondering what our next trip will hold for us. Unfortunately another 5 night stay, a few more outfits this time to spice it up a bit.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya