First Visit Looking for best time frame and celiacs?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

First Visit Looking for best time frame and celiacs?

Postby historybuff » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:12 pm

I am so glad that I found this forum! I have been actively reading the posts to quench my thirst for knowledge about our upcoming trip. My husband and I are looking into booking a trip for this upcoming Spring/Summer and were wondering about a few things. Is there a better time between April, May, June and July that people prefer? Also, I have celiacs is any one on here familiar with how the resort may treat an allergy like that? We are not actively in the lifestyle, we have dabbled some in the past and have our rules in place and from what I have read he doesn't need to be concerned about not necessarily being as free as me from the get go... is this correct?
historybuff

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: First Visit Looking for best time frame and celiacs?

Postby SandL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Welcome to the forums! I can’t answer your questions about celiac, but I do know that customer service is amazing. I’d be surprised if they can’t find something to accommodate you, but hopefully someone else can weigh in. As for the best time to go, we’ve gone in May, June and July. I’d say the best time to go next year is the end of July (because we’ll be there....lol) seriously though, we found all three months are great, weather is good if you like hot. There seems to always be a short rain shower late afternoon through the summer, but then after 20 mins, it clears up, and everything is good. That good just be our luck to get rain though... finally to answer the question about you husband worrying about being “free”. I’m not 100% sure what you mean. If it’s about getting naked, absolutely no worries at all. You’ll see people in all states of dress (or undress) and nobody will think twice. If it’s about sexual play, as long as you are both open and upfront with your rules when you are talking with others, it won’t be a problem. People are just as friendly to you if you are not swingers as they are if you are looking for an all out orgy on the beach. :). Have fun!
Hugs
S and L
<3
SandL
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 16 Jul 2024

Postby historybuff » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Thank you for your reply! He's more concerned about the clothing over anything else at this point lol. I'm about as far from modest as you can get... him on the other hand well, he's had naked time in a small group setting before and did fine but I think the whole size of Desire is a little overwhelming to him.
historybuff

Postby khplay8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:11 pm

No one will care if he wears swim shorts around the resort. Although he will probably start feeling weird by having them on and he will be running around naked pretty quickly. Although it is not a rule it is frowned upon by a small population of guest when men where shorts at the Jacuzzi. I could care less personally.

Desire has great customer service but I would not count on any resort in Mexico to provide any medical assistance. There is a small store at Desire that sells basic Meds but they are all the Mexican branded versions with no English translation and the very friendly lady that works in the shop does not speak English. We have had to visit the "school nurse" at Desire a couple of times over the years for getting stung by something at the beach. Both time they rubbed some rubbing alchol on it then put on what looked like Neosporin on it.

I talked to my Dr. after the trip and he basically said bring a small sample of your entire medicine cabinet.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Twohere4some » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:27 am

As for time to visit, we have gone in early May and late June as well as October and December. May was beautiful, weather near perfect. June was a little hot for us both even though my wife spent 20+ years in Florida before moving back to the mid-west but still a wonderful time.

As for celiacs, we have met several friends while there who had special dietary needs. From what we were told, as long as you make the staff aware they are happy to work with you. You may want to communicate directly with customer service in advance to make them aware of the issue and there should not be an issue.

Hope you have a great trip!
Twohere4some
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC

Postby tommer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am

We have always gone in the spring/summer months. Next year, we have planned 5 nights at RM in March and 12 nights split at RM/Pearl in late June/early July. The summer months are a little bit warmer but they are still very comfortable. Over our 8 to 10 Desire trips, we have only had a couple of days of real rain. More often, there might be a quick 15 minute shower in the late afternoon. All times at Desire are fabulous and we are anxious to return.

Regarding diet, as said, all you need to do is talk to the restaurant's manager and I am sure that they will accommodate you. Special dietary request are not uncommon. Besides the plethora of prepared foods, there's always lot of fresh, unseasoned offerings. Food management is like every aspect of Desire .......... Everyone is wonderful and all staff do all they can to make your stay nothing short of amazing.

Being "nakid" ..... a real non-issue! Come as you are; shed your clothes as you wish; always smile; have a drink; and worry of nothing. The place is pure magic and all are comfortable and having a blast within minutes.
tommer
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby Skulls » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 pm

historybuff wrote:I have celiacs is any one on here familiar with how the resort may treat an allergy like that?

My wife also has Celiac and a few other allergies (Spinach, Avocado and Cotton Seed Oil) They are very careful and always prepare her food separate to prevent cross contamination. If you want GF pizza at the late night bar you need to let them know at check in so that they can make sure they have GF crust on hand. This Nov will be trip # 7 since our first trip in May 2016. The only time she got sick from gluten was over New Years at the late night bar, which serves Pizza, BLT's and Taco's. There was a new chef and he either didn't understand or didn't care that he needed to clean everything that he was using to prepare and cook her food with. He gave me attitude every time I went to order something for her and tried to explain that to him. She ended up sick several of the nights that I brought her pizza back to the room. One of the nights towards the end of the trip we were both at the bar watching over him and realized he wasn't cleaning any of the utensils or pizza trays that he was cooking on. We ended up leaving the food sitting at the bar and went to bed hungry that night.
KIK: steve_sandy
Skulls
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Quiver Kasidie

Postby SandL » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:00 pm

historybuff wrote:Thank you for your reply! He's more concerned about the clothing over anything else at this point lol. I'm about as far from modest as you can get... him on the other hand well, he's had naked time in a small group setting before and did fine but I think the whole size of Desire is a little overwhelming to him.

There is definitely no problem at all with him not being naked, or only being as naked as he is comfortable. I can’t say that I’m shy, I have no issues being naked anywhere, but when I’m walking around the resort (from area to area) I like to have my shorts on, then I just strip down when I get to where I’m going. Strange, I know, but it’s just how I’m comfortable. My wife on the other hand, is naked all the time except for meals. So no worries there, you don’t have to “match”. No one will even question it. On our first trip, it took me a grand total of 8 hours to strip down, my wife was naked before we passed the lobby bar!

I would suggest though, that if he thinks at some point during the week he might be outside naked, you should convince him to spend a few weeks in a tanning bed (naked) before you go. You don’t want the “important bits” sunburned while at Desire....it kind of makes sex difficult....oh, and apply lots of sunscreen...often...recruit friends to help if necessary.....lol
Hugs
S and L
<3
SandL
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 16 Jul 2024

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:17 pm

SandL wrote:I can’t say that I’m shy, I have no issues being naked anywhere, but when I’m walking around the resort (from area to area) I like to have my shorts on, then I just strip down when I get to where I’m going. Strange, I know, but it’s just how I’m comfortable.

I don't think it's strange, I see many that do that. I usually put shorts on when I'm walking back to the room, haven't really though much about it, but I guess it feels a little odd for me to be walking with clothes in hand, but when walking around the pool or up and down the beach or whatever, totally naked that seems natural.

On our first trip, it took me a grand total of 8 hours to strip down, my wife was naked before we passed the lobby bar!

Ha! We got naked pretty quick but it just turned out that way. It was really weird feeling, but not in a bad way or in relation to others more of "I can't believe we're doing this" kind of way. Can't wait to do it again next week :)

I would suggest though, that if he thinks at some point during the week he might be outside naked, you should convince him to spend a few weeks in a tanning bed (naked) before you go. You don’t want the “important bits” sunburned while at Desire....it kind of makes sex difficult....oh, and apply lots of sunscreen...often...recruit friends to help if necessary.....lol

Very good advice, I've done this each time and never had an issue. I usually go to the tanning bed 4-5 times in the 2 weeks before the trip. By then I have a pretty good base - I'll apply sunscreen when we get to the pool then maybe reapply if I think of it but I'm sure I forget too. This has been mainly in the May and September time frame, not sure what type of scorching it would be in July.

We have seen plenty of sunburns in odd places though - one common one that we always notice is the sunburned butt crack, looks painful!
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya