Group Visit Dates at Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Group Visit Dates at Desire

Postby KChildress » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 am

Does anyone know how to determine if large group(s) have particular dates scheduled at Desire?

I just read comments in another thread where folks arrived at Desire on the same date/s as a large group, and in essence were disappointed with their experience during their stay - I suppose in relation to the interactions with those folks. My wife and I will be visiting Desire for the first time in May, '18 (April 28 - May 5). I sure would like for our first experience to be with the "every-day crowd" and avoid large groups otherwise.

Any ideas are appreciated!
K 'n S
Desire Riviera Maya (first venture): April 28, 2018 - May 5, 2018
KChildress
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2018

Re: Group Visit Dates at Desire

Postby wedesire1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 am

Perhaps check the Forum area "Group at Desire Riviera Maya" in the main board index. It's possibly listed in the master calendar there.
wedesire1
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P SLS

Postby desireaddict » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am

The only difference we've experienced if we happen to overlapped with a group (*) is that there might be a higher % of guests in the Lifestyle during group events than during "traditional" weeks. Even if you have no personal interest in the Lifestyle, that could be an advantage as it could mean a more "lively" crowd.

(*) Granted, the Swingset group might be the exception as, it's my understanding that they have the reputation of "pushing the envelope" a bit further in some arenas of alternative lifestyle. I assume you are referring to the comment I read where someone posted about being unhappy with crossing the paths of a group where they referenced something as "classless" (NOT my description) and the details included in their post made it sound like the Swingset group.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby KChildress » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 pm

wedesire1 wrote:Perhaps check the Forum area "Group at Desire Riviera Maya" in the main board index.

DUH!! I completely forgot about that. Keep me in mind if you think of another resource. And, thanks!
K 'n S
KChildress
Desire Fan

Postby KChildress » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 pm

desireaddict wrote:The only difference we've experienced if we happen to overlapped with a group (*) is that there might be a higher % of guests in the Lifestyle during group events than during "traditional" weeks.

... I assume you are referring to the comment I read where someone posted about being unhappy with crossing the paths of a group where they referenced something as "classless"...

desireaddict, thanks for the first comment and that makes sense. And yes, you guess right about that comment. It’s not necessarily what they said but just discussing being around a “group” got me to thinking. My wife and I are still finding our way in the lifestyle and we’ve never experienced anything like Desire. I just thought it would be a good experience to see that “traditional” crowd for the first visit.

Either way, we’re gonna have a blast! :)
K 'n S
KChildress
Desire Fan

Postby Siren » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:38 pm

I thought I'd chime in as the host of a large group that takes over Desire every year. First, how exciting for you to just be beginning your journey. As I'm sure many others have told you...keep talking, asking questions and communicating with one another. This is definitely a journey.

Our group takes over DRM once a year, usually the second week in March. My husband and I have hosted it for a long, long time. Before that, we attended Desire a couple of times just as guests. I would say our group (and probably many others) is comprised of some of the nicest, friendliest, non-pushy people you'll ever meet. It's important to note, I have no agenda here and am definitely not trying to sell you on our event. I think sometimes people think groups are akin to Sodom and Gomorrah or Caligula. Totally not the reality. Does play take place? You bet! However, it's between people who have mutually agreed to play together with no pressure. There's also much less public play than most people would imagine. Lots of people like to indulge in the privacy of their rooms. There's also a percentage that only want to play with their own spouse, but like to be a bit exhibitionist about it. Our group is comprised (as is the lifestyle itself) of every gradation and level of "swingers" you can imagine. We have people that like group sex, couple's swap, soft swap only, girl play only, no play and even those who wouldn't dream of doing a thing, but just like the sexy vibe and fun of a takeover event.

I can tell you, we started this little hobby about 14 years ago, and it took us 3 (count 'em 3!) trips to Desire before we could even think of interacting with another couple. All 3 of those trips were full takeovers and we had the absolute time of our lives. We are still friends with many of the people we met on those 3 trips.

Hope that helps, and best of luck on your new adventures!!

Kathleen
Siren
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Postby khplay8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Siren wrote:I thought I'd chime in as the host of a large group that takes over Desire every year. First, how exciting for you to just be beginning your journey. As I'm sure many others have told you...keep talking, asking questions and communicating with one another. This is definitely a journey.

Our group takes over DRM once a year, usually the second week in March. My husband and I have hosted it for a long, long time. Before that, we attended Desire a couple of times just as guests. I would say our group (and probably many others) is comprised of some of the nicest, friendliest, non-pushy people you'll ever meet. It's important to note, I have no agenda here and am definitely not trying to sell you on our event. I think sometimes people think groups are akin to Sodom and Gomorrah or Caligula. Totally not the reality. Does play take place? You bet! However, it's between people who have mutually agreed to play together with no pressure. There's also much less public play than most people would imagine. Lots of people like to indulge in the privacy of their rooms. There's also a percentage that only want to play with their own spouse, but like to be a bit exhibitionist about it. Our group is comprised (as is the lifestyle itself) of every gradation and level of "swingers" you can imagine. We have people that like group sex, couple's swap, soft swap only, girl play only, no play and even those who wouldn't dream of doing a thing, but just like the sexy vibe and fun of a takeover event.

I can tell you, we started this little hobby about 14 years ago, and it took us 3 (count 'em 3!) trips to Desire before we could even think of interacting with another couple. All 3 of those trips were full takeovers and we had the absolute time of our lives. We are still friends with many of the people we met on those 3 trips.

Hope that helps, and best of luck on your new adventures!!

Kathleen

I have to agree with all of this. We are fairly tame in the LS we just like to party in a sexy environment with fun open minded people. On our 3rd trip we just happened to go at the same time as a small take over group. We wound up meeting so many great people we booked again this year with them and are planning on joining them in '18 again.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya