Best night to stay @ Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Best night to stay @ Desire

Postby April Newbies » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi

We are booked to another resort in Cancun in March/April for 14 nights but are considering a one night (maybe two if the price is right) "vacation in a vacation" to Desire.

What night would you recommend as the best night to do this?

Would one night be enough or does it take more than one night for people to approach you and be friendly?

Thanks
April Newbies

Postby CokeMann » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Unless you already know others that would be there at the same time as yourselves, it generally it takes a couple of days to make connections. My suggestion would be 3 days minimum, more would be better - in fact why don't you split the vacation 7 & 7 ??

Also if you do decide to add Desire to your itinerary - put Desire at the end - after most have experienced Desire they don't want to leave and go to some other resort - LOL
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby miranda » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Good one, Coke. And you might also want to check out what theme nights / activities are happening during the week that you might want to participate in.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby allovatan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Depending on your timing, weekends have been greater occupancy as of late. You can check the availability & the events calendar to get an idea of the occupancy rate at any given time.
allovatan
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Postby tout.prest » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 am

We agree with Wayne. Seriously consider adding more nights and give yourselves a chance to get into the whole experience. 1 or 2 nights wont give you the opportunity to meet and greet that much, cause you will just be trying to soak it all in. :shock:

If 2 days is really a max for you then consider the weekends as that is when there is the biggest party atmosphere. However, the weekends are typically "changeover days" with lots of people checking In/Out.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby NebraskaCouple » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 am

I've read many posts where people mentioned that they would have liked to have stayed longer. I don't think I've ever read one that say they stayed too long. I'm sure that has happened, but I suppose the person may not take the time to write about it. I dunno. Our first trip was five nights, and our second trip is scheduled for 7 nights. It took us at least 24 hours to get into the swing of things (no pun intended), as there is just a lot of stuff going on. One night would leave you seriously wishing you were staying longer as you check out. You may even feel like you didn't even give the place a good chance.

On our trip last year, people approached us and befriended us right away. More and more people did this throughout the trip, but it really took no time to that experience to start.

You certainly don't want to make your Desire stay right in the middle or at the beginning of your vacation, as you will not want to go back to the vanilla resort. If we were staying at two different resorts, we would make Desire the 2nd stop.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

Postby shore128 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:11 pm

April Newbies: The posters above have given you really good advice! Our first trip to Desire was April 07. We had initially booked a split trip, 4 days to Desire and then on to Secrets Capri for 3 or 4 days. Only 4 weeks before the trip I was chatting on a message board with one of the Desire "veterans" and he told me we'd regret not spending the week. When we found out we could cancel Secrets and spend the whole week at Desire without loosing any money (in fact we saved some because Desire was less expensive) we made the switch. We spent the whole week at Desire, had a great time, and in fact are returning for our 4th trip on October 31. We had been a little apprehensive, (as many first timers probably are) but it quickly became our favorite resort. If you are booked in Cancun for two weeks, you should definitely consider Desire for at least 4 or 5 days at the minimum. I would think 14 days at any resort could become a bit boring anyway. Just our 2 cents worth!
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby concansters » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Nobody has mentioned this yet, but make sure you take lots of pictures at the vanilla hotel for your family and friends. This will make an excellent "cover story" and you won't have to mention that you left that resort for the "fun" resort (Desire).
concansters
Desire Convert

Postby tout.prest » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:03 pm

concansters wrote:Nobody has mentioned this yet, but make sure you take lots of pictures at the vanilla hotel for your family and friends. This will make an excellent "cover story" and you won't have to mention that you left that resort for the "fun" resort (Desire).

:idea: Or take the 300 yard walk up to Azul and start snapping away, as we do. LOL

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby April Newbies » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks for all the advice.

Staying a week is not really possible as we have already booked into another hotel. Desire doesn't seem to be available as a package from the UK so we have booked Temptation. We would then like to escape there for a couple of nights!

Anyone fancy swapping a couple of nights???!!!
April Newbies

Postby CokeMann » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:26 pm

April Newbies - Please check out UK based Peng Travel you can get a Desire package from them - I think you may regret just staying at Temptations if you are looking for some serious adult fun.....
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby booyajones » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:51 pm

April Newbies wrote:Anyone fancy swapping a couple of nights???!!!

I'm guessing, Yes. (Oh - you're talking about resort stays - that might be a harder sell;^)
booyajones

Postby April Newbies » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:41 am

CokeMann wrote:April Newbies - Please check out UK based Peng Travel you can get a Desire package from them - I think you may regret just staying at Temptations if you are looking for some serious adult fun.....

Thanks for this - if only we had know before we booked!!!!!!! Useful for next
time.

Well, if we do make it down to Desires on this trip - when should we come - we are in Cancun 29th March to 13th April?
April Newbies

Postby oldseadog » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 am

April Newbies,
You can also try Canarian Dreams, they can book Desire packages from GB as well.
Or arrange your own flight-only with Thomson, First Choice, etc., from Gatwick or Manchester, and book accommodation either direct with the resort or with one of the USA agents who deal with Desire. Sometimes if you do that you can get your airport transfers thrown in.
Certainly, these days don't be afraid to haggle.
Although you have already booked your trip at Easter next year, because Temptations belongs to the same owners as Desire why not try to negociate a few days at Desire by paying the difference in price? It won't hurt to ask.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby tikihutguy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:00 am

We stayed 5 nites our 1st trip and 10 the 2nd. Something in between is probably ideal. Have to say the experience by the 10th day is a little less exciting thant the first couple. Food also gets a bit familiar although they have a "special menu" available to those that go longer than a week. If you can swing it 2 five day trips a year would probably beat 1 ten day IMHO. That's what we're aiming for.... :wink:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya