Desire questions

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Desire questions

Postby Piqued » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 am

My wife recently announced that we will be taking a trip to Cancun November 10-14th as an anniversary/early 40th birthday gift to me. To make this occasion "extra special," she's narrowed down our choices to the Desire and Temptation resorts.

Neither of us has ever been nude -- nor partially nude -- in public, and we tend to be rather shy around people, so this is a major step outside of our comfort zones. But at the same time, it is thrilling to even consider.

In making the choice between the two resorts, I have a few questions I'm hoping you all can answer. I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered before, and thank you for your patience with the newbie.

1) On average, what percentage of the Desire clientele are under the age of 40?

2) Typically, is it more of a "party" atmosphere, or more laid-back and relaxed? (Or, most likely, does it depend on who's there in any given week?)

3) One of the selling points for Desire over Temptations is PDA/PDS. (We both would enjoy a little voyeurism/exhibitionism.) Temptations forbids it, but Desire (despite the wording on their web site) seems to accept/promote it. In your experiences, is that accurate?

4) Is the second week of November a slow season for Cancun/Desire?

5) Some of the reviews I've read seem to suggest that the place is not being kept in good shape. Is that true? Have there been any recent renovations?

6) How well-kept is the resort in terms of cleanliness?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I'm sure I'll have more...
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:38 am

I'm sure others will jump in as well, but here's my $0.02 worth after our 16th trip to Desire last May

It really depends upon the week that you will be there - most of us regulars don't really think about actual age we just think and act like when we where 20 something - LOL !

2) Typically, is it more of a "party" atmosphere, or more laid-back and relaxed? (Or, most likely, does it depend on who's there in any given week?)
It somewhat depends upon the week that you will be there - however if you needed a comparison, then Desire would be defined as being more sensual and erotic vs Temptations (or the Hedos) which are much like a frat party

3) One of the selling points for Desire over Temptations is PDA/PDS. (We both would enjoy a little voyeurism/exhibitionism.) Temptations forbids it, but Desire (despite the wording on their web site) seems to accept/promote it. In your experiences, is that accurate?
Yes, completely accurate

Most of 2009 has been a slow for all Cancun hotels and most on the Rivera Maya - when these hotels have been averaging 40% or less occupancy, Desire has been consistently in the range of 60 to 70%

5) Some of the reviews I've read seem to suggest that the place is not being kept in good shape. Is that true? Have there been any recent renovations?
Desire is in excellent shape, the pool was just completely resurfaced in the last week or so as well as adding a gas heater - please read through the recent trip reports on these forums

Excellent - please read through the recent trip reports on these forums
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby oldseadog » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 am

We have been to Desire several times and agree with Coke.
Some time ago we were to go on to another place and with a couple of weeks to go were told that the stay was cancelled due to closure of the place. We were able to get a last minute RCI exchange into Temptations. What a let down. For us, the food was poor, the rooms were poor, the house wine was undrinkable (so we had to buy wine at an extra cost) and generally we did not enjoy the place much.
Go to Desire. Even if you are there during a slow week you will enjoy it.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby mfay » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:23 am

As Coke said- if you read our trip report from September you'll see that in our opinion- as a couple who have been to Desire 16 times- the rumors about Desire being run down couldn't be further from the truth.
On the dates that you would be at Desire there will be a group there called "Jon's Fluffernutters". By reputation, they are a very lively party group who will likely set a pretty hi energy tone for the week.
(By the way- we will soon have the most complete Desire groups & events calender to be found anywhere up and going right here in the forum- watch for it !)
As oldseadog said- go to Desire ! Temptations is fine for the spring break/young adult crowd- but you will be much happier at Desire if you appreciate a quality resort experience (and of course the opportunity for those PDS's).
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby rdjustice6 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Go with Desire.

We recently returned from our first trip to Desire, and we cannot wait to go back. We're a mid-20's couple, and Desire was our first clothing-optional vacation, but we couldn't have been more pleased with our decision. From what we read, a lot of people that stay at Temptations end up traveling to Desire on their next vacation....so why waste a trip?

The resort is in great shape, and it seemed like the groundskeepers never stopped working. The Staff was amazing, and extremely friendly. And the people you'll meet at Desire will be some of the most genuine, and nicest people you'll run in to. Where else will another traveler literally give you the shirt off their back?

It was a very slow week when we were there, but the truth is, you can make the vacation whatever you want it to be. Whether you want to party or just relax at the beach, you can do as much or as little as you want.

Good luck, and have fun.

Ryan and Dani
rdjustice6
Desire Fan

a few additional comments

Postby marley » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:51 pm

We were there in mid-Sept. Here are a few more comments.

You really do sort of forget about age, in the sense that since everybody's naked, you have fewer reference points (e.g., styles). I'd say that 40 is the average age.

2) Typically, is it more of a "party" atmosphere, or more laid-back and relaxed? (Or, most likely, does it depend on who's there in any given week?).

We spent half our week at the pool, and half at the beach. The pool seemed like more of a party; the beach was more laid back. But, the beach became quite a party for a couple days based on the partiers that were hanging out there. For example, Africa (who serves drinks at the beach) filled a inflatable raft full of drinks for us, and we had ~20 people hanging out in the sea, drinking, laughing -- it was definitely a party atmosphere out there (but not in the frat party sense).

PDAs are restricted at some places, e.g., the pool, but generally encouraged at the hot tub. So, it's site specific. Body shots, and more were seen several times on the hot tub bar. PDS was going on a lot at the beds in the hot tub area, and in the disco.

no idea, sorry.

We thought the place was close to immaculate. THere were some low level refurbishment activities during daytime hours (e.g., sanding/painting windows; and some work on the roof of our building -- but they were good at not starting too early, and being finished during the afternoon. So, it never intruded into our sleep, etc). In short, the buildings and grounds were beautiful.

The place was absolutely clean -- and cleaned daily, by a virtual army of people. Even after a rain, people were out immediately, sweeping and cleaning up sidewalks of leaves, etc. Plus, our room was always spotless after "maid service" with special touches. We don't think you'll have any complaints here.
marley
Desire Convert

Postby Piqued » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Thank you all so much for your replies. You've sold us. We're officially booked for 11/10-11/14!

We're probably more excited about this trip than any we've ever taken, and it's already paid big dividends in the bedroom. :wink:

My only fear is that we'll "peak" too early, and by the time we get there we'll be exhausted. But it's a relatively minor concern.

Again, thanks to all for your input. We'll post a review upon our return.
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 pm

The build up is half the fun! Believe me, we've been 9 times and still get worked up before our trips......booked again for late January.

Advice - find a November Yahoo Group and get to know some of the people going during your stay. It helps "break the ice" whether you play or not, it's nice to have a familiar face when you get there.

Another thing you'll see is that you'll be booking your next trip when you get home after your trip. Good luck and have an incredible time, and yes please do post a trip report.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Powderfinger » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:
Another thing you'll see is that you'll be booking your next trip when you get home after your trip.

E&J

Or, you might hit the point where you've booked your "next" trip when you're still on a one-month countdown to a Desire visit, lol. It is a lot of fun to look at each other while there, and say, "118 days til we get to come back"!
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby NebraskaCouple » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Piqued: We are there from 11-11 through the 18th. Here is the yahoo sight to join:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DesireCancunNovember2009/

Bring outfits, bring lube and when its all said and done, post a trip report. Everybody wins.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

Postby Piqued » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks, Nebraska -- we just joined the group and posted our pic. We look forward to a fun week with great people!
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby tout.prest » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Powderfinger wrote:
eddieandjojo wrote:
Another thing you'll see is that you'll be booking your next trip when you get home after your trip.

E&J

Or, you might hit the point where you've booked your "next" trip when you're still on a one-month countdown to a Desire visit, lol. It is a lot of fun to look at each other while there, and say, "118 days til we get to come back"!

Too Funny. I was just checking on that ! I have 2 countdowns on my homepage...48 Days till December "quickie" trip and 192 till our May trip. LOL :wink:

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya