Food Options

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Food Options

Postby RicknMandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 am

Hello!

A little about us since this is our first post to the forum. We’re a 30 yr old couple who have been together for 13 years. Married for 6. Not as active in the LS as we once were, but we use our vacations for that kind of fun. We’ve done a few AI resorts in the past and fell in love with Temptation in 2015. We’ve done two trips there and we were lucky enough to do a day trip to Pearl after some insane negotiations with the Original staff at TTR. We’re considering a TTR/RM split for June 2018.

During our day trip to Pearl the one thing that stood out to Mandy was the food choices or lack of for her. We’re very simple people to please. A couple eggs and some bacon work for breakfast and a decent burger or sandwhich works for lunches. Steaks and good pasta are enough for dinner. We do enjoy a good hibachi meal on occasion.

Are the food choices at RM fairly simple or are they more upscale with names that you need to google to know what you’re eating?

We did try the search feature and “food” is too basic. The restaurant search didn’t explain what was actually served. So I apologize if there’s already been a thread about this!
DRM June 2018 ,June 2019, August 2022
SLS- RnACpl
Kasidie- RnMCpl
SDC: RnMCpl
Kik: Ricknmandysww
RicknMandy
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Re: Food Options

Postby two4funinpa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 am

The food is fine...Although our vacations aren't about the food. We know some foodies that go and they all feel it's very good for an all-inclusive.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby RicknMandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 am

Thanks!

We’re not foodies. Something that tastes good and absorbs alcohol!
SLS- RnACpl
Kasidie- RnMCpl
RicknMandy
Desire Convert

Postby Lkncouple » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:44 pm

You sound alot like us. RM seems to have the best option. We are fairly plain jane eaters. Breakfast you have the Buffet, so you are good there. Lunch has the grill, so you can order Burgers, or Chicken sandwiches. The Chicken tacos are great. For Dinner, sign up for the Hibachi a couple nights it is really good. You can go to the other restaurant and order a steak. They also have a large buffet that is usually pretty good. Late night they have Pizza. So usually something for the pickiest of eaters.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby RicknMandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Lkncouple wrote:You sound alot like us. RM seems to have the best option. We are fairly plain jane eaters. Breakfast you have the Buffet, so you are good there. Lunch has the grill, so you can order Burgers, or Chicken sandwiches. The Chicken tacos are great. For Dinner, sign up for the Hibachi a couple nights it is really good. You can go to the other restaurant and order a steak. They also have a large buffet that is usually pretty good. Late night they have Pizza. So usually something for the pickiest of eaters.

Mandy will definitely like to read that! We try to eat fairly healthy but won’t turn down a good burger or pizza! Especially on vacation. We have found that the steaks in Mexico don’t meet our standards but we get our beef local from a friend so we’re proabnlu pickier than most.
SLS- RnACpl
Kasidie- RnMCpl
RicknMandy
Desire Convert

Postby Lkncouple » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm

I agree the steaks are not great. If you want a Filet. However, you get a steak Fajita or steak on the hibatchi on the grill it is really good.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby bb25 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:42 am

Have been to RM many times and from my experience, Pearl dining is hands down better.
bb25
Desire Lover

Postby Gold17 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 am

I think that two4funinpa pretty much summed it up. I was disappointed, but we did not go for the food. We have only been to one all inclusive and that was it - RM this past June.

Breakfast was ok. Not great. But fine.

Lunch was much better; partially because the buffet had a lot from which to choose.

The dinner was the biggest disappoint, but at the same time, we, especially my wife with her skimpy outfits, was not exactly looking to eat a big dinner. We were only there four 4 nights. We did not try Arrecife; perhaps we should have. We went to Sahlo 2 nights and Suki 2 nights. Sahlo was ok. The atmosphere was nice. However, probably preferred Suki. We did the hibachi the first time since it was highly recommended by many on this forum. It was fine, but I would grade it below I think just about any hibachi experience that I have found in the States. In the middle of the restaurant was a large community type table that seemed to be having more fun than we were. At the hibachi we were seated next to a couple who were nice, but I would not say that we had a great time with them (sure that they would say the same about us). So perhaps that tainted our hibachi experience. I can see it being more enjoyable if we had gone with another couple that we had met and had enjoyed. The next time we went we were either simply seated at that long centrally located table, asked to be, or were invited, I do not remember, but that was more fun for us.

By far, our best "dining" moment was in the middle of the night (ok morning) at the lobby bar consuming BLT's, pizza, I think a taco one night. That was quite tasty and fun. Granted that was after a long day and night of drinking and sexy time was over for us. It was - eat some yummy late night food, enjoy one-on-one time together laughing and recounting the day and night, and then crashing hard for hopefully a good nights sleep.

The dining experience is not just about the food. All in all, the service in the restaurants as throughout the resort was excellent and although we did not request it apparently very accomodating. You will find what you need or enough to suffice for food and will enjoy time with your spouse and hopefully new friends yet to be made.
DRM June 2017
DRM June 2018
DRM March 2019
Gold17
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Mar 2019

Postby RicknMandy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:22 am

Gold, thanks for the details! We definitely like Hinachi so that will cover us for sure.
SLS- RnACpl
Kasidie- RnMCpl
RicknMandy
Desire Convert

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya