My wife and I are newbies and will be going to RM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

My wife and I are newbies and will be going to RM

Postby Crzzychris » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

My wife is worried we will not be approached. I think she’s overthinking it but she’s very interested in meeting people and having a good time. Would it better for her to approach if she sees a couple? Or would approaching someone be too weird and uncomfortable?

Thanks!
February 2018
February 2019
September 2019
July 2021
Crzzychris
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 15 Jul 2021

Re: My wife and I are newbies and will be going to RM

Postby RJOC » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 pm

My suggestion is that if you see someone that seems interesting to you, that you shouldn't wait for them to approach you. If you wait, then your opportunity may disappear.

The couple you see, may be interested, and you won't know unless you try.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Crzzychris » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Thank you!
February 2018
February 2019
September 2019
July 2021
Crzzychris
Desire Convert

Postby day5758 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:32 pm

What you will find is that this resort is one of the friendliest places you will have been to. Just head to the bar for a drink and you will be certain to meet people. Every year we go it takes all of five minutes to get into a conversation, especially if you're open. There is also very little judgement there as well so just walk up to someone and say hi!
day5758
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 18 Oct 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:40 pm

RiA wrote:My suggestion is that if you see someone that seems interesting to you, that you shouldn't wait for them to approach you. If you wait, then your opportunity may disappear.

The couple you see, may be interested, and you won't know unless you try.

Exactly! I mean something might just fall in your lap but more often than not you have to be proactive and put yourself out there at least some. Early on during our first trip we unknowingly missed what now in hindsight were opportunities. I think part of it is that generally people are so respectful of other people's relationships, I think we were unintiontionally giving out the "we're just doing our thing vibe", so that's how people interacted with us, when in fact we just werent giving the right signals. I remember my wife looking at me on day 3 and saying "I feel like it's going on around us and we are just not seeing it" - which was totally the case. That was probably the first light bulb moment. Also meeting so many experienced couples, asking questions and learning from them was huge too.

In the end just meet people, have fun, don't be afraid to be honest and try not to make too much of a plan, seems like things always work out differently than you initially envision (this actually is part of the fun for us)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby tandacal » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 pm

We were newbies in July and were nervous about the same thing! But once we got there, it was super easy to meet and approach people. In fact, we had very little quiet couple time because we were so busy having fun and hanging out with everyone we met! It is as everyone says on this forum...it's the friendliest place I've ever been to!!
tandacal

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 05 Jul 2018

Postby Crzzychris » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 am

WOW thank y’all for the great advice. I’ll her not to stress.
February 2018
February 2019
September 2019
July 2021
Crzzychris
Desire Convert

Postby two4funinpa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Yeah...you guys will have no problem meeting people. You'll see...

We are both social by nature and are constantly engaging others in conversation no matter where we are. At Desire, our advances are always met with positive reciprocation. In fact we laugh when we're out at places that are non-Desire. We'll engage people in conversation, and if they don't engage us back in way we find to be acceptable, we'll always laugh and say, "we're not in Desire".

It really is a different world.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya