Beach beds

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Beach beds

Postby jharris037 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:38 am

In looking at google maps it appears that most of the beach beds are reserved for certain room levels. I could tell how many are for the general public and I wondered how available they are. Trying to convince my wife that this would be a good place to go on vacation, but if there are never any beach beds available she won’t be happy. I’m a very early riser so if I have to go down early in the morning to reserve one that shouldn’t be a problem. I also read something somewhere that said there was extra cost involved to get a beach bed.
jharris037
Desire Convert

We are from: USA

Re: Beach beds

Postby desireaddict » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Never had a problem getting a beach bed. I'd say 75% of guests stay around the pool.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Yeipi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:26 pm

Exactly. I always go and look for Rene early in the morning (Before 9 am) and we always get a nice bed.
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby Jessy75 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 am

Likewise, we've never had a problem. Even later in the day there is usually at least some availability.
Jessy75
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Postby glloyd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

It looks like a lot of the beds are for Passion Suites and Jacuzzi Suites. Are there still that many beds for the garden rooms? In other words, are we relegated to a certain area due to our room classification? If so, it seems that would make reserving a bed more difficult.
glloyd
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Sep 2020

Postby Yeipi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:48 pm

We have always booked Garden View rooms and have always had the bed we asked for (Always on the north side of the hotel). No clue about the beds close to the pool area.
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby kcCanuck » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Pool beds are first come first serve, no charge, literally most are gone by 8am, so its worth getting up for.

Beach beds are the same with a 20$ USD fee per day, but worth it as well!

Have fun!
kik @ kcCanuck
kcCanuck

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Feb 2018

Postby CokeMann » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:17 pm

kcCanuck wrote:Beach beds are the same with a 20$ USD fee per day, but worth it as well!

Beach beds are also free - the 20$ USD fee per day only applies if you what to reserve the bed in advance ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby jharris037 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:47 pm

but are any of the beach beds reserved specifically for certain room levels, leaving only a few for the commoners to grab or reserve?
jharris037
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:01 pm

jharris037 wrote:but are any of the beach beds reserved specifically for certain room levels, leaving only a few for the commoners to grab or reserve?

Yes, there are those that are pre-reserved for the folks staying in the Passion Suites and Desire Suites as well as a number for members - but there are a lot of beach beds - lol

Generally everyone else has a decent shot at getting a beach bed if they get up early enough and try.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Calicouple69 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Seriously, in all our trips we've never seen all the beach beds being used, even when the place was at capacity. Most guests are in the pool area at any given time during the day. Don't stress about any "pecking order" depending on what room you stay in, we always stay in GV rooms and are treated by the staff the same as our friends in the villas :D only we don't have our own butler :( lol. If the beach beds are your only concern then book it!
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:21 pm

Calicouple69 wrote:Seriously, in all our trips we've never seen all the beach beds being used, even when the place was at capacity. Most guests are in the pool area at any given time during the day. Don't stress about any "pecking order" depending on what room you stay in, we always stay in GV rooms and are treated by the staff the same as our friends in the villas :D only we don't have our own butler :( lol. If the beach beds are your only concern then book it!

Same here. Our first trip was Ocean View, which was nice but I really don't care at all, and like you never had a problem getting a beach bed. We did have a butler one trip which was very nice but far from essential.

Still have not been in a villa yet. We had friends that had one but unfortunately we missed them by 2 days - they certainly left good times in their wake though, they threw some great parties in there!
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby max4play » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:35 am

Since they changed the rules about what you're allowed to do on the daybeds, I bet they're in higher demand... for an hour at a time anyway! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Postby Peachgarden » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:29 pm

max4play wrote:Since they changed the rules about what you're allowed to do on the daybeds, I bet they're in higher demand... for an hour at a time anyway! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Curious... what changes??
Peachgarden

We arrive on: 29 Mar 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby texascouple1208 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Effective last spring, at Desire RM, the beach beds are on the list of places you can freely play...one of our favorites.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya