Planning our first trip to Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Planning our first trip to Desire

Postby twoofus444 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:45 pm

So I found Desire last week wile trying to make one of my wife's dreams come true. I have been reading over the forums for a few days now so I get the general response noobs get. We have never been to a clothing optional anything before. We have been on a vanilla cruise and a resort before. So we have a good idea of how resorts go. So a little about us we have never been exhibitionist but if either of us is more adventurous it was her when we were younger. She went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and was part of the cast as Janet. That means she was in the front of the theater in nothing but a bra and slip. Now that was years and three kids ago so both of us are not in as good a shape as we were in our late teens/early twenty. I am feeling a lot more comfortable about that part after reading the posts here. Now she is feeling excited and anxious. probably 50/50 on those. I also am feeling both just I am better about hiding it. I was just wondering if anyone had some words of wisdom in regards to helping through the anxious parts.

Now in regards to when we are planning our trip. We usually do our no kids trips in Sep. I looked at the post about when people are going and it seems like Aug. and Sep. are the two lightest months. Is there any other month that would be better? Would a birthday month be a good idea? April (mine) or November (hers). Sep. is our anniversary month. We have been thinking of 4 days starting on the 20th or 21st. That would mean Fri-Sun are a guarantee. It is just should we go the extra day before or after the weekend. Also we have been talking about how far we are willing to go. We started thinking of nothing more than Voyeuristic intentions (for those who have been to the RHPS you see what I did there hehe) but as the conversation went on the line we drew started to get a little wibbly wobbly. Now we are thinking of playing it a little closer to the vest and seeing where the mood takes us when we are there (I have only ever been with my wife so curiosity is there but so is apprehension). Also what is a better way to book directly or through a travel site? A travel site I could book both the flight and room. I have seen things that say hotels are happier if you book directly (as they then don't have to pay the travel site) so if something goes wrong they more willing are able to help more. We probably wont book anything till the end of February so we have some time to read more posts and get every ones opinions.

I am going to have my wife read over this and put in her 2 cents before I post this so you can hear from both of us.

So she did not ave anything to add but she did correct my spelling and grammar.

Thanks for all the advice in advance.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Nov 2018

Re: Planning our first trip to Desire

Postby MachineWorks » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:02 pm

My wife and I are going to be first timers in June this year, so I'm maybe (and I stress the "maybe") qualified to answer only one of your questions, and that is the booking.

I checked over a lot of the forum advice, and then did outside research for months looking for a great price. The best we found, was Travelocity. I was checking pricing 4 to 5 times per week for months, and Travelocity was cheaper by a little bit than other travel sites as well as cheaper than booking direct through the resort and then booking flight separate.

I'm not sure how the resort feels about booking through other services...

Other than that,

Welcome to the forum. Keep reading as I'm sure you'll find the answers to many questions you have, and find that most all other newcomers share a lot of the same feelings that the two of you share.

Best of luck!
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:21 pm

In regard to the actual booking. Both Desire properties are really price controlled, which means if you book just the resort only direct with Desire, thru a TA or an online booking agency you will pay virtually the same price. If you book a package deal (resort + air) you can most times do better than doing them separately since the packagers generally highly discount the air portion of the package. Most packagers have limited availability to rooms at Desire during the most popular times of the year.

Like most resorts, there is pricing differences between high season and low season. For the Desire properties, High Season pricing runs from Jan 1st to April 30th - Low Season pricing runs May 1st to Dec 23th.

Generally both April and November have decent weather and are both fairly popular months at the resort. Just a FYI - the Caribbean hurricane season runs from early June to early Nov. - always something to be aware of .....

Desire does offer promos that are always announced on the forums HERE many of the promos are only available if you book direct with the resort. If you choose to book directly with Desire you can do it thru the links on the forum which help keep the forums economically self sustaining and free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby twoofus444 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 pm

I will probably book through the link on the forums as what I have seen is exactly as you stated and the cost for the resort is the same across the board. Also I want to help out as it is a simple thing to do that I was going to do anyway.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

Postby TandD » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:44 am

FWIW, I've been able to get the "4th night free" discount when booking hotel and flight through Orbitz so I save on the room and the flight.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby twoofus444 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Ok additional question. Is the sex on the beach package wroth getting? It seams like the beach beds are fairly available so it seams like you are paying for the wine, chocolate and strawberries. Also we have decided on September. I know it is early to look at how few people have posted they are going them so we wont. Also we have taken two trips to the Caribbean during this time and have been lucky with the weather so we will continue to hope for that. We have talked things over and my wife is feeling better than she was. Thank you to everyone on the forums whether you post on this or something else because reading your experiences and input has been a great help with panning this trip. Now we just have to think of days to go. Looks like Wed is the cheapest way to fly. And speaking of flying any recommended airlines? We flew Delta on our last trip and HATED the Atlanta airport. (broke my toe on the way to getting to my connecting flight as we could not find anyone there to help us find the flight)

Thanks again
twoofus444
Desire Convert

Postby klak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 pm

What's your departure city?
klak
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020

Postby twoofus444 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Kansas City MO. all flights seam to go to the hub of the airline with only a few direct flights and those I cant book this far out. Frontier has the direct flight and I may wait till I can book there but I have never used them before.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

Postby wedesire1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:58 am

twoofus444 wrote:Kansas City MO. all flights seam to go to the hub of the airline with only a few direct flights and those I cant book this far out. Frontier has the direct flight and I may wait till I can book there but I have never used them before.

We've been using Frontier for years. Nonstop is the only way we will fly to Cancun. The risk of a missed or canceled connection, plus the anxiety of wondering if your checked bags are going to make it is not worth it at the beginning of the trip. Our suggestion if you fly Frontier is to spend the extra money on "The Works". This gets you seats at the front that have a lot of extra space between rows. It also includes your carry-on and a checked bag for each of you. You get to board the plane first, but more importantly, you get off the plane first, which puts you at the front of the immigration line. The last several times we have flown, we were the first people in line at immigration. In January, we were wheels down to saying hello to Arcos in less than an hour!
wedesire1
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P SLS

Postby Mystra » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Make sure to post your dates in September on the "When are you arriving " topics... if you come around the 22nd we'll see you there! There's also a yahoo group and typically there's also a kik group that someone will make. Both are good ways to meet some people before going - highly recommended!

Oh - there may be more options through Denver...we always fly direct on either southwest or, formerly, Frontier. Southwest is cheaper for us generally, all things considered.
SLS: Mystra284 (dormant)
Kik: MrMystra
Mystra
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 22 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby desireaddict » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 am

Our suggestion if you fly Frontier . . .

. . . (or most any airline) is to apply for their Frequent Flier Visa/Mastercard. The first time you use it they will give you enough bonus miles for a weekday RT ticket (or 2 one-way).
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby twoofus444 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:13 pm

OK just wanted to update our plans a bit and ask a few more questions. First the hesitation is gone so we are going. Now the how far into the LS we are going to go has now gone a little further. So had a question about that we have been together for 18 years and as I stated in this topic we have never gone to a nude resort or anything involving the LS. So that being sated nether my wife or myself are very good at picking up on flirtatious advances. She actually had someone flirt with her and a coworker had to point it out to her. How obvious are the advances or do I need to get a stamp on our forehead stating "if you flirt with us let us know"? Because I think we may need that with being out of practice.Thanks again for all the advice. We are excited to meet new friends and possibly dip our tows into the LS.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

Postby Calicouple69 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 pm

It's usually quite forward, like "do you two play?" Or "are you in the lifestyle?" Keep in mind as has been said earlier in other threads, Desire isn't a "lifestyle" or "swinger" resort. It's adults only, couples only, clothing optional. It IS "lifestyle friendly", and ther ARE swingers there, but they don't make up the majority by far. So talk openly between yourselves, set your boundaries, go with an open minded approach, don't have any "expectations", and don't be disappointed if nothing wild happens. It can be what YOU make it.
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby werfun » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 pm

First let me say that you should stay at a Desire Resort as many days as you can.
Second don't go with any expectations except to have a great time meeting a great group of people that are fun to be with. If you meet the right couple go with your gut feeling but be sure the two of you talk about this before going.
Since I worked with the airlines we don't pay for travel (if there are unsold seat on the flights) so we only look at the room rates and not package deals, As Cokeman pointed there is very little difference in just room rate between T/A's and Desire. After our first two Desire trips booked thru a friend that owns a T/A where we had some minor problems we started booking thru the Resort and never had a problem with our later trips. We have looked at different T/A sites and our dates were not open but when looking at Desire site the dates were open.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby twoofus444 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:38 am

New question. (Getting close to booking our first trip) So Hellians is having a group trip July 29th to Aug 5th. Does anyone have input on there group? We are thinking of that week now. I don't see too much about them on the forums so just wanted to see what input I could get. The little I have seen sounds like they may be a good group to go with for some first timers. I am trying to find out if to be part of there group you need to use castaway travel or if I could book directly as the cost is no different either way.
Again thanks for the input.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya