Restaurant dress

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Restaurant dress

Postby Piqued » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:45 am

According to the Desire site:

Although the main restaurant is casual and comfortable, we expect that clothes will be worn. Men are required to wear shorts; women are required to wear a cover-up over their swimsuits. Shoes must be worn, and no wet clothes are allowed in the restaurant. In keeping with its sophisticated ambiance, elegant resort dress is expected when dining at Il Piacere: long pants, shirts and shoes for men, dresses or pants suits for women.

We were only planning to pack "slutty" dresses on this trip, and now we're wondering if maybe we need to pack a non-slutty dress, as we love Italian food and would like to try Il Piacere one night.

Any thoughts from experience?
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby thetanman1957 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:53 am

Your plan of packing will work fine.
thetanman1957
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Dec 2022

Re: Restaurant dress

Postby Powderfinger » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:17 am

Piqued wrote: pants suits for women.

LOL, thats the ONE thing we can honestly say we've NEVER seen at Desire....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Funtime197 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Wife has 2 smokin hot slutty dresses to wear to dinner or the disco. Hope a little bit see thru is ok.
Funtime197

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Sexy dress is definitely encouraged at dinner, regardless of which restaurant you choose. As long as "hubby" isn't wearing the slutty wear, all is good.....LOL!

Go and enjoy, putting on a show is a good thing!

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby pyramid » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:53 pm

We have noticed that the dresses are not as slutty as they were a couple of years ago .... dresses were more resort wear / club wear. Have others noticed this?

Personally, the slutty wear is fun to wear .... but not feeling quite as comfortable doing so. Would love to encourage ladies to be brave and go slutty!!!!
pyramid
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Piqued wrote:According to the Desire site:

We were only planning to pack "slutty" dresses on this trip, and now we're wondering if maybe we need to pack a non-slutty dress, as we love Italian food and would like to try Il Piacere one night.

BTW - Il Piacere is not Italian it is the fancy "white" restaurant that serves mostly an international / french inspired menu

pyramid wrote:We have noticed that the dresses are not as slutty as they were a couple of years ago .... dresses were more resort wear / club wear. Have others noticed this?

pyramid - you are probably correct in regard to the (s***) level of dresses being worn into the restaurants.

I don't think any of the ladies have really changed in attitude much, but I do think with many of us being multi repeat offenders at Desire, people at home want to know why we keep going back and also rave about what a good time we had there.

The times in the restaurants, either by yourself as a couple or with a group of friends, is one of the few times that you can safely take pictures that would be considered PG by the rest of the world. Which is why I think the dinner dress level has generally moved a little more upscale in look.

PS - Powder - we as well have never seen ladies wearing pant suits at Desire - although we have seen quite a few no panties outfits - LOL
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby miranda » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:52 pm

We prefer "sexy / classy" over "slutty" but we've seen all manner of dress (or undress) at the a la carte restaurants.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby tikihutguy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:20 am

We've always found sheer elegant to be the way to go in any of the restaurants. Always insures getting a great table. :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby pyramid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Wow, now this has gotten me to think .... what is "sexy / classy" versus "slutty"??!

Is a guy's point of view different from a lady's point of view ; a younger versus not-as-young point of view, etc?

Actually, I think the change I have noticed is the reaction from the staff. A very sheer sexy (slutty??!) slip-dress of mine a couple years ago was received as a nice choice by the waiters but the last time the reaction seemed closer to (but not quite) shock :shock: . Was I pushing the sexy into a less accepted slutty in the eyes of the staff in the restaurants??? The hubby didn't notice this change ~~ he loves the dress!

Would love to hear opinions. If answers give me a reason to go shopping, guess I could handle that :D
pyramid
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Well, without the benefit of having photos of the slip-dress you mentioned, it's hard to say with your particular situation. So, here goes, this coming from a 44 year old with a very sexy wife:

Sexy/classy - this has a slightly different meaning at Desire than at say, Morton's or Ruth Chris'. So, I would define it as elegant, yet sexy enough to show off your curves and possibly low cut enough to be a bit revealing depending on your movement. Also, sheer and or lacey would be fine in my opionion. I prefer to see the women in nice pumps rather than flats, regardless of how tall you are.

Slutty - I would define as an in your face outfit that exposes too much and leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination. While it might be more acceptable at the disco later in the evening, I wouldn't necessarily like to see it at Suki or Il Piacere.

Now, having said that, one can never discourage the wife when wanting another outfit for Desire. We enjoy picking out sexy hot dresses and I enjoy watching her walk around in the outfits that I've/we've chosen.

All this in my humble opinion of course.

Eddie
eddieandjojo

Postby CokeMann » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 pm

pyramid wrote:Actually, I think the change I have noticed is the reaction from the staff. A very sheer sexy (slutty??!) slip-dress of mine a couple years ago was received as a nice choice by the waiters but the last time the reaction seemed closer to (but not quite) shock

It could be just be new staff ?

I think, IMHO, most men(myself included) find sheer anything on the ladies, sexy/elegant and a perfect choice for anywhere at Desire - not sl**** in least

eddieandjojo wrote:While it might be more acceptable at the disco later in the evening, I wouldn't necessarily like to see it at Suki or Il Piacere

Eddie - Well, what do you say about the ladies that have had a full body painting session before dinner? Totally exposed, but NOT and also not sl**** - every waiter that serves these ladies has always been more than happy to do :D - in fact a lot of times they get preferential seating in the specialty places - lol
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby tikihutguy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:46 am

OK, here's my take. Wife likes to shop Nordstrom's rack, eBay etc and picks up Elizabeth Hurley, Versace, Yves St Laurent etc at 80-90% off. These tend to be $400-800 tops that are sheer with expensive detailing and can serve as "dresses". "Doesn't approach "slutty". This is what I call "elegant" and when paired with designer pumps provide a perfect Piacere outfit! Waiters have always reacted well... :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:56 am

Wayne - body art is a beautiful thing!!!!
eddieandjojo

Postby miranda » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 am

I don't think any one of us gets better service or a better table due to our manner of dress unless it's inappropriate such as beach wear or perhaps totally nude (in which case I would assume that you would not be granted entry into the restaurant but I could be wrong about that).

eddiandjojo, I think you have described it all very well.
miranda
Desire Legend

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya