Hope Ida isn't a problem for Cancun

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Hope Ida isn't a problem for Cancun

Postby NebraskaCouple » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 am

It looksl like Ida is weakening but will probably bring some rainy weather to Cancun Sunday and Monday. We are flying down on Wednesday and hope things are sunny, calm and warm by then.

We also hope that the storm doesn't cause us any problems as I think our connecting flight is through Atlanta.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Ida

Postby jnkwrangler » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:23 pm

That would suck if it rained. But we had such an amazing trip in September I wouldn't have cared too much if it rained. Most of our activities were done indoors. LOL
jnkwrangler
Desire Fan

ida like a pina colada

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Look folks, my hubby is stressed about Ida too however, the weather is something no one can control, so how about people post some interesting alternatives that couples in the resort can participate in IF the weather is a little stormy :lol: See ya WEDNESDAY Y'ALL!!!!!
eddy
Desire Lover

Postby sueandron » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Well - I have been trying for years to get our "vanilla" friends to play strip poker or similar with us. Sounds like a good way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Sue & Ron
sueandron

Postby Piqued » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Nebraska, I just looked at weather.com and it looks like rain all of next week. :(

A bit of a bummer (as we'll be there the same time as you), but I'm trying to stay positive. With that in mind, what do people at Desire normally do, and where do they go, when it rains?

I've been thinking of some indoor "sexy party games" that could be played. The obvious, of course, would be the old standards:

-- Strip poker (or strip anything) (although this is sort of unnecessary at a clothing-optional resort, eh?)
-- Truth-or-dare
-- Spin the bottle

I've read about the kids today playing a "rainbow" game with various shades of lipstick. Not much of a "game," but it sounds entertaining, nevertheless. :P

For the more adventurous:

-- Blindfold the women and play "Guess Your Husband"
-- Blindfold the men and play "Guess Your Wife"
-- Musical chairs (the adult version)
-- "Raise the Flag" (first woman to raise the flag without touching her man wins)

That's as many creative ideas as my dirty imagination can conjure up. Any other good rainy-day ideas out there?

I just hope the rain lets up long enough to allow a few moments in the sun on the beach beds with a few cold drinks.
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby NebraskaCouple » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:25 am

Ida has already blown over the peninsula, and we are planning for normal weather starting this Wednesday. I think the forecast for Cancun shows at least 20% chance of rain about 300 days per year regardless of storms or tropical depressions, due to the tropical climate of the region.

Nonetheless, we may take you up on any offers for indoor games should inclement weather arrive.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Postby Piqued » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:23 am

I just looked at the forecast today, and it's very encouraging! All that rain has now turned to "scattered showers" and "partly cloudy." I'll take it!

See you around the pool, Nebraska. :wink:
Piqued
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya