Room 2302 - Renovation Sample

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Room 2302 - Renovation Sample

Postby sensualcnds » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:21 pm

If you will be traveling to Desire over the next few months, take a peak in Room 2302. The resort has this room set up with the proposed new decor (still neutral but warmer) and renovations which include: plush linens, increased storage (always a plus) and a completely overhauled bathroom. The electrical in the room all appeared to have been upgraded to include 3-pronged outlets as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me the day we viewed the room, but I have asked Mia to see if there are any the resort would like to share. She has indicated she will forward them once she has authorization to do so.

In discussions with Mia and Martin, they indicated they are hoping to have all of the rooms redone in this fashion within the next 12 months, along with a complete renovation of the spa/gym building, and the much needed renovation of the disco/playroom areas, which will include expanding into the current office space on the second floor (the former proposed piano-bar).

I hope this information is helpful!

Have a great day...
K
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Postby mfay » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks for the info ! It is good to hear, but it also tends to make me think that the planned resort expansion has been put on hold for at least a year.
They had been talking about doing the improvements you mention after the expansion. Looks like the state of the economy has changed their minds.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby sensualcnds » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi there mfay,

From what we were told from management, the expansion is definitely on hold. As of right now the sale of the parcel of land next to Desire has not yet been finalized, despite them being quite close to doing so previously.

I'm happy to hear that they are moving forward though with what they have some control over :)

K
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya